Chapter 15.

Impossible to Love

Hi, I'm finally updating. I have no major excuse to why I've been gone for so long. And you all probably just want to get on to reading, if there's anyone out there. This chapter is just a filler, so it's boring. I'm sorry, I will do better guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Aria POV:

The next morning, I woke up and got dressed for school.

I go downstairs and eat breakfast, and I notice there’s a note on the table.

“I’ll be gone from today until the weekend. There’s money for you two in the cookie jar near the microwave; use it for food. I’ll be back on Monday. I love you. –Mom”

I roll my eyes. She’s probably going somewhere with her boyfriend.

Whatever.

I finish eating breakfast and then Daniel comes into my house.

“Good morning!” He says cheerfully at me.

“Well someone woke up on the right side of the bed this morning.” I reply.

“I sure did. Are you ready?”

“Yeah, let me grab my bag.” I get my bag and we go outside to his car, “So why are you so happy?”

“I don’t know, it’s a nice day today!” Daniel exclaims.

“Ah, I see. Well I’m glad you’re in a good mood.” I reply as we both get inside his car.

He drives us to school. We get out of his car and walk into the school together. We go to our lockers and stay there, talking for a while before we have to go to class.

“Look who’s coming over here.” Daniel says, looking pass me.

I turn around and see Henry walking toward me and Daniel.

“Oh.” I say, looking back at Daniel.

“Is something wrong?” Daniel asks me.

I shake my head, “It’s nothing.”

Henry reaches us and smiles at me.

“Hey, Aria.” He says.

“Hi, Henry.” I reply.

“What’s up?” he asks.

“Nothing, just talking to Daniel.”

“I see. Are you upset with me, or something?”

“Why do you ask that?”

“You seem kinda cold today.”

“I don’t mean to.”

“Oh, well I’ll just go now. I’ll see you in class.”

“Okay.”

Henry walks away from me, and then Daniel looks at me.

“What?” I ask him.

“What was all that about?” he asks.

“Nothing.”

“It’s something.”

“No it’s not.”

“Well, when you want to tell me, you know I’ll listen.”

“Yeah, I know. Thanks Daniel.”

I hug him and then the warning bell sounds, signaling that we should get to class.

Daniel and I walk to our English class and sit in our seats.

The teacher comes in and then class starts. I start playing on my iPod as usual. I’m playing Angry Birds, and then I see a note land on my desk. I set my iPod down and pick up the note, opening it.

‘Hi Aria.’

It doesn’t look like Daniel’s handwriting. I look over at Henry and see him looking at me, so I assume it’s from him.

‘Yes?’ I write, passing the note back to him.

‘Are you mad at me, or something?’

‘No, why?’

‘You’re being so different with me today.’

‘Oh, sorry.’

‘Aria, seriously, what is with you?’

‘It’s nothing.’

‘It’s something.’

‘Maybe, maybe not.’

‘Well, can we eat lunch together and then you can tell me what’s going on?’

‘I always eat lunch with Daniel and Yoseob.’

‘Come on, just one day.’

‘Fine.’

‘Great, I’ll see you at lunch then.’

‘See you ^^’

After English, the next class went unbelievably slow. By the time the class ended, I was so hungry.

Daniel and I walked to the cafeteria together and got our food. I walked over with him to our usual table, and then I proceeded to sit down, until I heard Henry’s voice behind me.

“Aria, aren’t we going to eat together today?” he spoke.

“Oh yeah, I was so hungry that I forgot.” I muttered, but loud enough for him to hear.

“Let’s go then.” He states.

I turn to Daniel, “I’m gonna eat with Henry today, I’ll see you after lunch, okay?”

“Alright, have fun.” He replies and then sits down with Yoseob.

I wave to both of them and then walk away with Henry.

He leads me to an empty table in the back corner of the cafeteria. We sit down at the table, and before I can start eating, Henry starts to talk.

“Now tell me, what is wrong today?” he asks, looking at me.

“Can I eat first, and then tell you?”

“Fine.”

I eat a little bit, and once I don’t feel as hungry anymore, I turn and look at Henry.

“Are you ready to talk?” he questions me.

“There really isn’t anything to talk about though.” I reply.

“So, you’re saying that there’s nothing wrong?”

“Exactly.”

“I feel like an idiot.”

“Why?”

“Because I thought I did something to upset you.”

“You didn’t.”

“You sure?”

“Positive.” I lie.

He smiles, “Good to know.”

Okay, I lied. But I’m not even sure what I’m feeling right now. If I’m confused, why would I want to confuse him too? Does that make sense? Probably not, but whatever.

After Henry and I eat and talk some more, the lunch bell rings. We get up and throw our trash away, then walk he walks me to my next class. I don’t have this class with him, but Daniel is in the class with me, so I’m okay.

I walk into the classroom and sit in my seat next to Daniel.

“How was lunch with Henry?” he asks me.

“It was fine.” I simply reply.

“Just fine?”

“Nothing special, we only talked.”

“I see.”

The rest of the day went by without anything significant occurring. Daniel and I left, and then hung out at my house for a while.

After he left, I was home all by myself. I’m not sure where Kikwang is, but I don’t want to call and disturb him because he could be busy.

Hopefully things with Henry come around. I don’t know why I want it to, but I do.