First Day.

Impossible to Love

(A/N: Korean English)

It’s the first day of Aria’s senior year in high school. She is now getting up and ready, she wants to make a good impression on everyone on her first day. She is very excited because this is her last year of high school and she’s ready to go to college.

Aria finishes getting her first day of school outfit on and starts on her hair. (Outfit:http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=29575223) She decides to leave it wavy since she just dyed it red, and she adds some flower clips in it to match her outfit. No one has seen her new hair yet, and that is another reason why she’s excited to go to school.

After Aria finishes getting herself ready, she grabs her bag and her books and goes down the stairs to see her mom sitting at the kitchen table.

“Good morning mom!” she greets cheerfully. 

“Hi Aria.” her mom replies. 

“Where’s Kikwang?” Aria asks, not seeing her brother in the kitchen. 

“He already went to work, he wanted me to tell you to have a good first day though.” 

“Oh, okay. I’ll just call him later.” 

“Eat something before you go.” her mom says. 

“Okay, Daniel is coming to pick me up in a few minutes.” 

“Okay, whatever you eat, get some for him too. Now I have to go to work.” her mom stands up. “I’ll call you when I get off. I love you.” her mom walks over and kisses her forehead. 

“Okay mom, I love you too. Have a good day at work.” 

“Thanks Aria, have a good first day.”

Aria watches as her mom leaves the kitchen and she hears the front door of the house close.

Aria pours herself a glass of orange juice and gets a granola bar out from the pantry. She sits at the kitchen table tapping her fingers as she waits for Daniel to come. As she eats her granola bar, her phone rings. She looks at the caller i.d and sees that Daniel is calling her.

“Hello?” she answers. 

“Hey Aria, I’m almost to your house, come outside!” she hears Daniel say. 

“Okay, are you hungry?” 

“No, I ate, thanks though. I’m pulling up, come on!” 

“Okay, be out soon.”

Aria hung up her phone and picked up her bag, getting out her body spray. She sprayed a few splashes of it before walking out of her house, making sure the door was locked.

She walked toward Daniel’s car and noticed the look on Daniel’s face when she walked out of the house.

Daniel got out of his car and walked towards Aria.

“Wow.” was all Daniel could say. 

“Wow?” Aria retorted. 

“Yeah, wow. When did you do that?” he asked, pointing to her hair. 

“Yesterday, do you like it?” she asked, pulling at her hair. 

“I love it.” he smiled.

The two got into Daniel’s car and drove to school.

The school was about 10 minutes away from Aria’s house, so it didn’t take long for the two to get there. Daniel parked in the same parking spot he had been parking in ever since he received his license.

The two got out of the car and started walking toward the school. There were stares and whispers, but the two just ignored it. Daniel and Aria were lucky to have most of the same classes together, so they walked to their first class together, English. They didn’t know why they were required to take the class since they were both from America, but since they were fluent, they just played around in the class and didn’t pay attention.

They walked into their English class and took some empty seats in the back.

“Soomi!” Aria yelled when she saw her best girl friend walk into the class. 

“Aria!” Soomi yelled, running over to where Aria and Daniel were sitting.

The two exchanged hugs like they hadn’t seen each other in years, when in reality, it had only been two days.

“Omo! Your hair! It’s so pretty!” Soomi exclaimed. 

“Thanks! I’m glad you like it! Sit next to me~!” Aria replied.

Soomi nodded and took the seat on the opposite side, next to Aria.

“Yoseob hyung!” Daniel yelled.

Yoseob turned his head in the direction his name was being called. He noticed Daniel and walked over to him.

“Hey Daniel!” he said with a smile. 

“Hey hyung.” Daniel replied.

Yoseob took the seat next to Daniel right when the teacher walked in.

Daniel and Aria passed notes to each other throughout the class instead of paying attention. After their English class, they had math, which Daniel had to pay attention in because he wasn’t very good at math. Aria helped Daniel out with the stuff he had trouble in since she always gets As in math.

Their third class was one they didn’t have together. Daniel had French and Aria had Spanish. Soomi was taking French with Daniel while Yoseob was taking Spanish with Aria.

Aria POV:

I walked into my Spanish class and saw that Yoseob was in my class. He was sitting in the middle so I walked over and took the seat next to him.

“Hi Yoseob.” I smiled at him. 

“Hey Aria.” he replied, returning the smile. 

“What made you decide to take Spanish?” I ask him. 

He shrugged his shoulders. “Something different I guess. What about you?” 

“Same. It’s really easy though. I didn’t know there was more than one Spanish class, I’ve never seen you in my class.” 

“Yeah I know. There was only two and I guess for the past three years, we’ve been in different classes.” he laughed lightly. 

“I guess so.”

“Buenos días clase.” the teacher said as she came into the classroom.

The teacher made us get into pairs to work on our speaking. I worked with Yoseob since we’re right next to each other. We had to do pretty easy stuff, introduce ourselves, ask the other person their name, ask how they’re doing, etc. It was so easy!

After Spanish class, we both had lunch so we walked to the cafeteria together. I saw Daniel and Soomi in line, so me and Yoseob went to get in line with them. After we got our food, we all sat at an empty table.

“How was Spanish class?” Soomi asked me. 

“It was fine, easy as always.” I replied. “How was French class?” 

“It was alright.” Daniel said, causing Soomi to glare at him. 

“She was asking me Daniel, not you.” she said. 

“It’s okay Soomi, both of you could have answered.” I say, sticking up for Daniel. 

“Whatever.” she muttered, tending to her food.

I rolled my eyes and continued eating, while Daniel and Yoseob talked to each other.

I hate it when Soomi gets mad over stupid stuff. Oh well, I’m sure she’ll talk to me by the end of the day.

I finished eating and got up to throw my trash away. I walked back to the table and saw that Soomi wasn’t there anymore.

“Where did she go?” I asked, sitting back down. 

Daniel shrugged. “She just got up and left. Yoseob walked after her.”

“Oh.” was all I could say. 

“Come on Aria.” Daniel said standing up, holding his hand out for me. “Let’s skip the rest of the day.” 

“Skip?! It’s the first day of school!” I exclaim. 

“So? Come on!” 

“We only have one more class left, it’s history, you love history.” 

“Ugh, fine. Right when class is over, we’re going to go somewhere.” 

“Where?” 

“You’ll see. Come on, it’s almost time to go to class.”

Daniel pulled me up and we walked to our history class. I didn’t even notice until we got to the class that we were holding hands. But it seemed that everyone else around us noticed because that’s all I could hear people talking about. I tried to pull my hand away, but Daniel just held it harder. I gave up after a while and he walked me to my seat. He sat down next to me.

I never noticed it before, but I think Daniel likes me.