Chapter Four

Play with me...

It was detention time. Hae was just staring into nothing. He felt like crying, really. Even after all these years it still hurt. He still didn't understand. What had gone wrong? What had he done wrong?

Sungmin sighed as he observed his friend. This was bad. Really bad. It had been awhile since he had seen Hae in this state.

'Sungmin, what can we do?' Minho whispered. He couldn't handle seeing his friend like this. He felt like smashing something.

'Just sit here and watch over him, that's enough.' Sungmin whispered back.

Suddenly the door opened and Hyukjae entered.

'Ha, you got detention too?' Taemin snorted.

'No, I'm here to supervise over you lot.' Hyuk stated.

'Shouldn't a teacher be doing that?' Minho asked.

'They are short on staff.' Hyuk answered.

'You have no authority over us!' Sungmin yelled.

Hyuk just smirked and turned his head towards Hae. It was weird, as if they both knew how exactly to avoid eye contact with each other. 'You, go empty that garbage bin.'

'I'll do it!' Minho jumped up.

'No, he has to do it.' Hyuk said calmly. Hae already got up and left with the bin.

'The rest of you, please start on your homework, I'll even help if you ask sweetly.' Hyuk smirked.

'Tsss and the teachers think he's oh so innocent!' Taemin whispered.

Hae returned.

'Wipe the whiteboard.' Hyuk ordered Hae.

Again Hae just obeyed.

His friends noticed though how his shoulders were hanging lower and lower. Minho felt like hitting that monkey. Sungmin suddenly grabbed Minho's hand in a way to calm him down.

Hyuk's back was facing the other students as his eyes watched Hae. He didn't know why but it was impossible for him to not watch the boy and he hated that fact.

Hae's mind went blank, he just forced himself to sing inside his head to release the build up stress he was feeling.

Hyuk's eyes narrowed. He's doing it again. Hyuk knew Hae was spacing out and he felt anger rising within himself.

'Now get a brush and wipe the floor.' Hyuk's voice sounded ice cold.

'Why does Hae have to do all those chores? Let us help.' Taemin said.

Hyuk just ignored him. His eyes glued to every movement Hae was making.

A girl lifted her hand. 'Oppa? Please let me help Hae oppa.' She used all her cuteness to try to convince Hyuk.

'Why is everyone pampering him, he can handle it alone, right Donghae?' Hyuk's voice sounded neutral.

Hae knew better. He tensed up. The monkey was infuriated. He could sense it. For the first time their eyes met. Cold ones versus pained ones.

'I'm just fine, people. I'm thankful for these chores. You all know how much I hate homework.' His smile didn't reach his eyes.

'Don't worry, after your chores I'll keep you here until all your homework is done.' Hyuk said.

Minho jumped up.

'Minho, down.' Hae barked. The other got startled and obeyed. Hae just bowed at Hyuk and continued wiping the floor.

 

Sungmin, Taemin and Minho were waiting outside the schoolgate for their friend.

'How can they have been friends?' Minho whispered.

Sungmin sighed. 'Beats me, that monkey really hates Hae with a vengeance.'

'Maybe Hae got a girl Hyukjae wanted?' Taemin said.

'At eleven years old?' Minho laughed.

'We are talking about Hae, I bet he started dating when he was a toddler.' Taemin grinned.

They all laughed.

 

Hae was concentrating on his homework. He felt Hyuk's eyes burning on him.

Hyuk felt his anger grow. He was sipping some coffee as his eyes never left the only boy left in the room. He marched up and looked at what the other was struggling with. He frowned as he saw the homework had been made perfectly and Hae was just drawing on a piece of paper.

'Okay, you may leave. I hope you will behave better in the future so detention isn't needed.' Hyuk said stifly and turned around.

'Hyukkie?' Hae whispered.

Hyuk froze as he heard his nickname. He closed his eyes for a second.

'I'm sorry, for whatever I did, I'm sorry.' Hae choked out.

Hyuk just grabbed his stuff and left.

Hae sighed and left as well.

As soon as he saw his friends he forced himself to smile. They were so damn loyal he wanted to squeeze them tight. They made him feel as if he wasn't just a piece of trash but that he had meaning.