Chapter Twelve

Play with me...

Donghae woke up all dizzy and sick to his stomach. He felt a damp cloth against his forehead.

'Feeling any better?' Kyuhyun asked gently.

'Why are you helping me?'

'Cause you are interesting.'

'So if I was boring you'd left me on the floor?'

Kyu smirked. 'Who knows...'

Hae smiled weakly.

Kyu took a cup of water and held it by Hae's lips. 'The nurse said you had to drink a lot.' He explained.

Hae sipped a bit while his eyes were linked with the serious ones of Kyu.

'What?' Hae asked.

'What is it between you and Hyuk.'

The sick boy immediately looked away. 'Nothing.'

'Yeah, ok. So you always eat tampered food to save people.'

Hae opened up his mouth. But Kyu was faster. 'Why are you cold in his face and do you help him behind his back?'

'Why do you care?' Hae retorted.

'He can be an , but he's my friend.' Kyu said.

'He was mine too.'

'What?'

'My friend.'

Kyu saw the sadness on Hae's face and frowned. 'What happened?'

'A lot I guess. I'm not sure. He just....really hates me.'

Kyu stared at the boy and sighed. 'Just let him go.'

Hae laughed without pleasure. 'No can do.'

They were silent for a bit.

'Kyuhyun?'

'Hmmm?'

'What's eating at him lately?' Hae asked carefully.

'He's not been sleeping well.'

'I see. I'll give you some chamomile tea later on, please see to it that he drinks it.'

 

The door slammed open and a panting Hyukjae entered.

'Took you long enough.' Kyu scoffed, winked at Hae and left the room.

'My wallet is on the table.' Hae said softly.

'What?'

'You are here to claim money cause I stole your lunch, right?'

Hyuk just stared and then lowered his gaze. 'Did you know the food was bad?'

Hae's eyes widened. 'You knew?'

'Yeah.'

'Guess I ate it for nothing then.' Hae chuckled. 'Glad you weren't in real danger then.'

'I wasn't the target.'

A frown appeared. 'You weren't?'

'No.'

'Then who?'

'You.'

Their eye contact was intense. Hae's eyes expressed so many emotions. They suddenly lost their spark. 'I see.'

'Why did you do it?' Hyuk asked.

'Felt like it.'

Hyuk grabbed Hae's shirt and pulled him up, their faces were really close. 'Stop it!' Hyuk yelled. 'Stop this act of yours!'

'You really hate me so much, you wanted me to be this sick?' Hae asked.

Hyuk's let Hae drop back on the bed and turned his back to him.

'Well?' Hae urged him on.

'Isn't that obvious?'

'Say it at least to my face.' Hae yelled.

Hyuk turned around and lunged forward, jumping on the bed and pinning Hae down. 'I...really...hate you.'

Hae was speechless.

'Clear enough?' Hyuk said hoarsely.

Hae nodded and bit his lip.

Hyuk couldn't help but stare at the other's mouth. He lowered his face but Hae quickly turned his head. 'Don't' the younger said.

Hyuk grabbed his chin.

Hae was blushing helplessly. 'I am sick, just don't, I threw up.'

Hyuk reached for his back pocket, pulled out some mouth spray and used it on Hae. 'Any other complaints?' He teased.

'Do you always kiss the people you hate?' Hae asked.

Hyuk smirked. 'You missed practice. We wouldn't want to upset Mr. Kim now would we?'

Hae stared at those plump lips. 'No.'

Hyuk blinked.

'No, we wouldn't want that.' Hae finished his sentence.

Hyuk relaxed and placed his lips onto Hae's.

Hae started to struggle.

Hyuk pulled away. 'What's wrong?'

'Namhae is suppose to fight back a bit before he melts for Eunhyuk.' Hae explained.

'Oh, right.'

'And you should be more forceful.' Hae instructed. 'Like this.' He grabbed Hyuk by the nape of his neck and slammed their mouths together.

The kiss was desperate. Hae slipped his tongue and moaned as his dizziness increased. Hyuk quickly started to dominate the kiss. He was growling and bit on Hae's bottom lip. He breathed in and then attacked again. His tongue swiftly dove into Hae's mouth, turning the younger into a mess. The noises their kisses produced turned Hyuk on even more. He was slowly losing his mind. He pulled away to breathe in again.

'Hyukkie.' Hae's eyes were dazed and the boy looked vulnerable beyond believe.

Hyuk stared at his beauty.

'Please.' Hae begged.

Images of a young Hae pleading him to play with him clouded his brain. They used to be inseparable. Then his mum's face showed up, cussing at him, chastising him, damaging him. Slowly the picture of a smiling young Hae turned into one of a distant Hae. Popular Hae. A Hae without Hyuk.

Hyuk snapped out of it and quickly got off the bed. His hands turned to fists. He looked over his shoulder at a panting Hae. 'How pitiful you are. What should I do to you for you to stop clinging onto me? If food poisoning doesn't help, maybe I should change my strategy.'

Hae looked completely confused. 'Hyuk, what....'

'Maybe I should start by harming your friends.' Hyuk said coldly.

'No.' Hae whispered. 'You wouldn't.'

'That is how much I despise you.' Hyuk spat the words out.

'What do you want from me?' Hae said, tears appearing in his eyes.

'I want you to suffer.' Hyuk said and walked out the room.

 

Kyuhyun was leaning against the wall opposite of the nurse's door. He saw the surprise on Hyuk's face when the boy left Hae.

'So.' Kyu started.

Hyuk kept walking but Kyu easily followed.

'If you hate his guts so much then why are you crying your eyes out?'

'I'm not.' Hyuk stubbornly said.

Kyu grabbed Hyuk by the shoulders and made him look up. 'What has you so messed up? What did he do?'

'He turned me into this.' Hyuk sobbed.

Kyu had so many questions. He stared at his friend and sighed, his brain was working over time. 'Look, Hyuk. As long as it's not illegal, I'll help you.'

'What?' Hyuk was surprised.

'You want to harm his friends? I'll help.' Kyu said softly, wiping some tears away. It's the only way to stay close enough to you to get to the bottom of this.