Chapter Ten

Play with me...

Hyukjae woke up with a scream. He was all sweaty and shaking. He forced himself to keep taking in big breaths. Another panic attack. He sighed as he ruffled his moist hair. He got out of bed and into the bathroom.

His head was resting against the tiles of his shower while he let the soothing water travel down his body. I'm in control, I'm in control. He softly banged his head against the wall.

 

'You look like .' Kyuhyun greeted Hyuk with a frown.

'Thanks. Makes me feel great.' Hyuk mumbled. He shoved the sunglasses further up his nose.

'Anytime.'

Up ahead they saw Donghae laughing at the fountain, surrounded by his friends.

'Of course he has to be all smiles and teeth at this ungodly hour.' Hyuk cussed. He watched as a girl approached his nemesis. She bowed and reached out both her hands. She was clearly confessing.

Hyuk's fists clenched as he watched Donghae guiding the girl to a more secluded place. He focused on their body language.

'We all know the guy is a player but to be honest, he could be worse with the amount of confessions he gets on a daily basis.' Kyuhyun said.

'If you are such a god damn fan then why don't you just wait in line?' Hyuk spat at Kyu while sharply turning around. He breathed in and just decided to leave the scene quickly not wanting to see the outcome. 

 

'What did she want?' Minho asked.

'To confess.' Hae sighed.

'And?' Taemin wondered.

'I'm not interested.' Hae looked away.

'Why not? She looked hot.' Minho frowned.

Hae remained silent. Sungmin signaled to the other two to drop it.

 

'Oppa?' A voice brought Hyuk back from his daydreaming. He looked up and saw the girl from earlier. He could tell she had cried.

'Hmmmmm?'

'Is it true that you hate Lee Donghae?'

Hyuk frowned at the unusual question and was taken aback by the anger and hate he saw flickering in her eyes.

'We are not exactly best friends.' He said lazily.

'Good, I want him destroyed, dead, gone from this earth!' She said with fire.

'Why?'

'He said no to me.'

'So he should be punished for rejecting you?'

'Look at me! I'm his ideal girl. I worked hard for this image and he barely even looked at me!'

'So how do you see your revenge?' Hyuk was getting curious.

'Take away the things he loves.' The girl said. Her voice was starting to annoy Hyuk.

'Such as?'

'Football, his friends....'

Hyuk snorted. 'His friends? Good luck with that, those three would die for him!'

'You're no help at all!' The girl cried out.

Hyuk wanted to answer but the bell rang.

 

During P.E. the trainer was non stop praising Donghae. It was well known the coach favoured the football player but the constant stream of ridiculous compliments was getting on Hyuk's nerves.

They bumped into each other on their way to their lockers.

'Aish now I've got your smell on me.' Hyuk snarled.

'Well excuse me for existing!' Hae snapped back.

'Does our sunshine boy feel he has the privilege to enter this room before me?'

'Whatever Hyukjae.' Hae sighed, suddenly feeling tired.

 

During lunch they ran into each other again. Hae caught a ball while jumping up but landed against Hyuk. Hyuk's tray dropped out of his hands and the much anticipated food scattered throughout several meters.

Donghae felt bad and started to clean up the mess, immediately cutting his finger but continuing to clear the floor.

Hyuk noticed the blood slowly dripping off Hae's finger and startled.

'Stop dreaming about me and help me.' Hae said while rolling his eyes.

Dreaming....The word triggered so much that Hyuk lost it. He grabbed the oblivious Hae by the shirt and slammed him against the wall.

Hae's eyes widened. 'Oh my god, Hyukjae, don't worry, I know how you are with food, I'll pay for a new tray.'

'As if I would accept anything coming from you!' Hyuk hissed, his hand grabbing Hae's throat.

Hae's features saddened for a split second but he quickly recovered. 'You know, from a certain angle this might look quite passionately, Hyukkie.' Hae teased.

Hyuk froze.

Hae noticed his friends entering the lunch room and he didn't want them to make a scene, he had to get Hyuk away from him fast. He leaned in, his eyes fixated on Hyuk's lips. 'You want to kiss me again, don't you? Has the cold Hyukjae fallen for my charms as well?' He said mockingly while he slipped some money into Hyuk's pocket without the latter knowing.

Hyuk punched him in the stomach fast and took off.

Twenty seconds later Hae was surrounded by his friends.

'What's wrong Hae?' Sungmin asked.

'Sudden cramp, I'm fine, help me clean up this mess.' Hae said while coughing.

 

Hyuk grabbed the girl he had spoken to earlier. He looked her in the eye. 'Count me in. Lee Donghae is going down.'