Chapter 2

In Focus

Ok first I want to thank everyone for reading this, I never expected it to get so popular, so fast. And I'm sorry this chapter is a little short, I'll try and update soon.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All of a sudden Jiyong was snapped out of his daydream by a loud, irked, voice coming from the register.

“I said I wanted NO foam on my latte.”

Jiyong looked over and saw that the voice was coming from a tall man who wore a hat and sunglasses, and kept looking at his watch. The barista held her head down ashamed and said, “Sorry Sir, I’ll remake it right away.”

He looked at his watch again and replied, “Make it quick. I have an important meeting.”

 As the barista jumped in to action remaking the drink, the man snapped “And make it at 140 degrees. I don’t want to burn myself.”

 Jiyong looked at the clock right above her and realized he too had somewhere to be, the photo shoot. He closed his laptop, threw it into his bag and gathered up the rest of his belongings.

The barista had finished making the man’s drink and handed it to him. He grabbed his drink and stared walking toward the door.

Jiyong was in the process of putting his bag strap over his head when he ran into a hard surface. He had run right into the aggravated customer, who proceeded to yell,

“What the hell is your problem man?”

Jiyong didn’t want to aggravate him further so he shyly apologized and stepped to the side to let him pass. He heard the man whisper under his breath, “Damn, what is with people these days.”

Jiyong looked backed at the barista, mouthed “Sorry” and waved goodbye as he followed the man out.

It seemed that Jiyong could not escape him. As soon as he was out of the door he saw that the man was walking the same direction he was headed in, yelling at someone on the phone.

“I swear, people in this part of town are so incompetent.” He took a sip of his drink and continued, “Ugh, this is one of the worst things I’ve had. Write down never to go to…” He looked at the label on the cup. “Something More Café. They can’t even make a freaking latte right. Anyways, where were we? Oh right. Where is this place again?”

Jiyong listened to the man ramble on and shook his head. He just didn’t understand how people could be so rude. He was the kind of person who believed that one should enjoy life and always be kind to others, it’s always best to have friends than enemies.

As they both continued walking, the man started to glance back at Jiyong.

He was too preoccupied with his own thoughts to hear the man say to the person on the other end “Hold up.” He turned around and barked “Are you following me?”

Jiyong did the typical thing where he looked around and then pointed to himself asking the man, “Are you talking to me?”

“No , I’m talking to your imaginary friend right next to you. Of course I’m talking to you. Are you following me?

Jiyong was a little flustered so he stuttered his reply, “Umm… I… I’m… My…”

“Well spit it out. Are you a fan or something? Do you want an autograph?”

Jiyong took a good look at the man and understood why he had asked such a thing. He was decked out in designer everything. From his jacket to his shoes, even his hat was designer. And he knew because he did the shoot for the company 2 months ago.

He could tell that the man had money, and lots of it. He guessed he was either a singer or actor, and an arrogant one at that.

The man cleared his throat loudly waiting for an answer.

Jiyong finally replied, “Umm… My place is just up the street.”

The man looked a little taken aback, probably expecting him to say he wanted a picture or something. But instead he stepped to the side saying, “Whatever, just go on ahead. I hate having people follow me.”

He quickly walked passed him, wanting to be away from this guy as soon as possible and continued on his way to the studio. He looked back for a second and saw the man had stopped in the middle of the sidewalk talking on his phone again. He was turning the corner when he barely head the man say, “Just pick me up. I don’t want to walk anymore. I think people are starting to recognize me.”

 

When Jiyong reached his studio, he saw that all of his assistants were just finishing setting up for the shoot. Seungri saw that he had walked in and rushed over to him. He started to ramble on about the final details and a little about the actor for the shoot.

“His name is Vick and he’s currently the hottest thing in the Asian Film Industry. He likes to work fast and get shoots done as quickly as possible. I called Yun Joo over at W Magazine, who did his last shoot, and apparently he flipped out on one of the makeup assistants because she was ‘dabbing on the foundation too hard’. So I’ve given our girls a heads up. Is there anything else that you need sir?”

Jiyong looked around the room and saw that everything was ready, so he responded, “Nope. It looks great. I guess we just need to wait for him to show.”

As he said his final words he heard the door to the studio open and looked over.

“Oh you have got to be kidding me,” he whispered to himself as he saw a familiar hat atop a very familiar figure.