Chapter 18

In Focus

After teasing each other a couple more times they finally finished dinner. The waiter came up after clearing their plates and asked if they would like any dessert. Vick spoke up, politely declined and then took the check. He looked at Jiyong as he took out his credit card to pay for the bill and handed it back to the waiter, he could tell that the younger man was a little bummed at not finishing the night with something sweet.

“Hey, I said no to dessert here. It doesn’t mean that we’re not going to have any elsewhere.”

A small smile spread across the younger man’s face.

“Where are we going?”

“Some place that I’ve wanted to take you to for a while. But that’s all I’m going to say.”

Jiyong pouted his lips slightly wanting to know more but decided not to press the issue, he always did like surprises.

 

They left the restaurant and started walking towards the main drag of the city. Even though it was midweek, the city was still bustling as ever. Jiyong always liked crowed cities, there were just so many things to see and there was never a dull moment. The shopping was fantastic and street food was to die for.

As for Vick, he loved this time of year. It was the perfect time for a celebrity to roam the streets without being recognized. Everyone was equally wrapped in jackets, scarves and hats trying to keep warm as they moved about. He himself had a scarf wrapped around, not only his neck, but also covering his mouth to hide his face better. Jiyong walked next to him wearing his favorite beanie that made his bangs stick out. Vick loved it when he wore it, he’s always had a thing for guys in beanies.

As they made their way down the crowded street towards Vicks’ secret location, Jiyong kept getting knocked into by others and started falling behind. He was grateful for the older man’s height because he could see him standing above the crowd and tried to make his way towards him, but he just couldn’t catch up. Vick wasn’t paying much attention and Jiyong didn’t want to call out his name because they were in fact in the middle of the city, and if he called out “Vick” people would probably start going crazy.  He saw him getting further away so he decided to call out something else.

“Seunghyun!”

He didn’t stop or turn around. Jiyong thought that maybe he wasn’t loud enough so he tried again.

“Seunghyun! Wait up! SEUNGHYUN!”

All he could see was the older man’s hat stop in the middle of the crowd a few yards ahead of him.

 

Vick was walking towards their destination with so many things going through his head that he hadn’t realized Jiyong wasn’t by his side until he heard his name. His real name. At first he thought he was hearing things but when he heard the desperate tone coming from an all too familiar voice, he stopped. Looking on either side of him and not seeing Jiyong, his stomach dropped.

He spun around so fast that he knocked into someone but quickly apologized as he tried looking for his boyfriend. It was dark, crowded, and people were moving so fast that he started to panic. Jiyong wasn’t anywhere near him. He franticly started moving back the way he came trying to find him. He was looking every which way and still nothing, but then he saw a small tuff of blonde hair poking out of beanie and started walking towards it.

As soon as they made eye contact Jiyong smiled, glad that he had found him. Vick came right up to him and without saying a word, grabbed the younger man’s hand, laced their fingers together, stuffed them into his jacket pocket, and pulled Jiyong down the street.

He tried to say something to the older man but Vick just squeezed his hand and said, “Don’t worry, I’ve got you.”

Jiyong didn’t know what was happening for a minute as he got used to the fact that they were walking hand in hand, in the middle of the city. It was too crowded for anyone to see what they were doing, and it probably looked like two friends trying to stay together in the confusion. But Jiyong could not stop smiling as he kept stealing glances at Vick as they walked.

They walked in silence for the rest of the way, turning down a couple of side streets here and there, and finally they had arrived in front of a tall building. Jiyong dug his feet into the ground jerking Vick to stop as he asked, “Where are we? I thought we were going to get dessert.”

Vick chuckled at Jiyong’s hesitation, squeezed his hand again and replied, “Will just trust me?”

The younger man looked between the looming building and Vick and eyed him as he wondered what he was up too. Amused at his expression, Vick quickly glanced around to see if anyone was nearby and when he saw no one, he leaned over and kissed him on the forehead. Jiyong in a breath and then felt Vick pulling him towards the building.

 

Vick kept their hands joined inside his jacket pocket for the entire ride up the elevator. He could feel Jiyong rocking back and forth on his heels in anticipation, and when he chanced a glance at him, he was already staring back. They smiled at each other and color started rising in Jiyong’s cheeks. Vick leaned down, and this time kissed him on the lips. It didn’t last nearly as long as he wanted because the elevator stopped, and as the doors opened up Jiyong could see a long hallway with doors spaced out evenly.

Vick pulled him off before the doors shut and they walked about half way down until they stopped in front of one. He finally unlatched his hand from Jiyong and pulled out a set of keys from his pants pocket.

Jiyong had a feeling while riding up the elevator where Vick was taking him but it wasn’t confirmed until Vick opened the door, leading the way inside and said, “Welcome to my humble abode.”

 

After the giving the grand tour, Vick explained that he picked up ice cream earlier this afternoon and that he wanted to bring the younger man over and enjoy it with him. He led the way into the kitchen, with Jiyong close behind him. He opened the freezer, grabbed the tub of ice cream, then grabbed a spoon, hopped up on to the counter and started digging in.

The younger man stared at him as he ate the ice cream and said, “Are you gonna save any for me?”

Vick swallowed the spoonful that was in his mouth before gave a coy smile and said, “Well come over here.” He waved the spoon at him.

Jiyong warily made his way over to him, not knowing what the older man was up too.

“Closer, I’m not going to bite.”

“Yeah? That’s what you said the other day and-“

“Oh just come here.” Vick said, cutting him off as he scooped a spoonful and held it out toward the younger man.

 Jiyong stepped closer, almost in between the older man’s legs, and went to take the spoon from him but Vick said, “Just open up.”

He rolled his eyes and decided to play a little. He placed his hands on Vicks’s thighs as stepped fully in between his legs, leaned down and opened his mouth, waiting for the ice cream.

Vick gasped at the sudden close proximity of his boyfriend and Jiyong raised an eyebrow, smirking at his reaction.  He opened his mouth again and this time Vick placed it the spoon inside, making Jiyong close his eyes and mouth.

It was mint chocolate chip ice cream, their favorite. Something they found out early on in their friendship, but they never had a chance to have some together as adults, until now. Jiyong let out a small moan as the sweet creamy flavor slid down his throat, and as soon as he realized he did it, his eyes popped open.

Heat rushed to cheeks as he saw Vick staring at him with his mouth slightly ajar. With the spoon hanging in the older man’s hand, Jiyong straightened up and tried to take a step back but his boyfriend was too fast. Throwing the spoon and ice cream onto the counter, Vick grabbed Jiyong’s waist and pulled him into a kiss.

Their lips crashed against each other as Jiyong reacted on instinct and brought his hands up to cup the older man’s cheeks. Vick brushed his tongue against the younger man’s lips, begging for entrance. Feeling the slick warmth, Jiyong obliged and opened his mouth, letting his boyfriend explore him more.

Vick groaned and scooted closer to the edge, trying to press their bodies as close to each other as he could. Jiyong moved his fingers up into Vick’s hair and tugged a little, wanting to hear another knee shaking moan. When he heard it, a slight shiver ran up his spine and he bit down on the older man’s bottom lip. Vick in a breath a pulled away for a second, not wanting to get a head of himself too much and rested his head on Jiyong’s shoulder as he mumbled, slightly out of breath, “As much… as I…would love to… continue this, I think it’s too soon for us.”

Jiyong wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and nuzzled into his neck. He gave him a soft kiss and whispered back, “I know. I think so too. But you have no idea how much it means to me, you know… for wanting to take our time.”

Vick moved his head up and placed a kiss on Jiyong’s neck as well, and then pulled away to face his boyfriend. He brought his hand up and rubbed his thumb along the younger mans cheek bone as he said, “I do want to take our time, but honestly I hope it’s not too much longer. I don’t want to rush into anything you don’t want, but I-“

Jiyong stopped him with a kiss and Vick welcomed it, their lips gliding across one another. After a few moments Jiyong pulled away and softly said, “You aren’t rushing me. Maybe not tonight or next week, but soon. I promise.” He leaned back in and brushed his lips against Vicks for a brief kiss. The older man then leaned his forehead up against his and wrapped his arms around his waist, resting his hand in the small of his back. They smiled at each other, taking in the moment, until the silence was broken again by Jiyong.

The younger man pulled back and started biting his lip as he stuttered, “Umm… I ne-need to t-tell you something.”

Vick scrunched his eye brows wondering what was bothering him. And with Jiyong being his usual flustered self, he sped through what was on his mind.

 “It’s getting close to fashion week over in New York, and a couple of my designer friends have invited me over to take pictures and whatnot. So I guess this is me telling you that I’m gonna have to be out of the country for almost two weeks.”

Vick’s heart fell as he heard his boyfriend tell him this. His shoulders slumped and he looked down. They had only started this relationship a few weeks ago, but since then they had not gone a day without seeing each other. Now he would have to spend two weeks without him?

Noticing Vick’s silence and mood change, Jiyong tried to give him some better news that would hopefully cheer him up. He used his knuckle to bring the older man’s chin up so he could look at him, but he avoided his gaze.

“Hey look at me. Please?” Reluctantly Vick brought his eyes up to meet Jiyong’s.

“I know. I don’t really want to leave either, but they are my friends asking me for a favor. We’ll have our phones and I expect you to call me every day.”

Vick smiled slightly.

“But the real thing I wanted to say was this; when I come back, I have to go to Jeju Island for a special shoot with a designer who wants to start his pictorial for his summer collection. And I wanted to know if you would like to come with me?”

“What?” Vick blurted out without thinking.

“I want you to come with me… to Jeju Island. It’s going to be a weekend photo shoot and I thought we could turn it into a long weekend and spend some time together.”

Stunned into silence, Vick took a little too long for Jiyong and so he continued to stammer, “Ok I understand… You probably think it’s too soon… and you might be right. I don’t know what I was think-“

Vick moved his hands up to hold Jiyong’s face as he said, “I would love to spend the weekend with you.” He moved in and gently kissed him trying to convey his sincerity. They pulled away and Jiyong was smiling from ear to ear as he asked, “Really? You really want to?”

“Of course. Who wouldn’t want to be on a beautiful island with his boyfriend, lounging in the sun during the day…” He pulled Jiyong closer to him and whispered in his ear, “And spending the nights lock away in a hotel room…”

Jiyong lightly nudged Vicks shoulder embarrassed at his forwardness. Vick grazed his lips across the younger man’s cheek and then pulled back to look him in the eyes. Smiling again, the younger man said, “Ok then. It’s a date.”

He looked to side and stifled a laugh as he said, “Umm I think all the ice cream’s melted.”

Vick looked down at the container of now soupy dessert and then looked back at his boyfriend. They busted out laughing as Jiyong moved to put it away and Vick hopped down from counter.

After Jiyong shut the freezer door he picked up the spoon and walked it to the sink, dropping it in. The older man walked up behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist. Jiyong leaned into him and said, “I had a great night tonight.”

“Me too,” Vick replied as he kissed his neck again and then whispered, “If I promise to be on my best behavior, would you want to spend the night? It’s getting pretty late you know.”

Jiyong looked at the clock on the microwave and saw that is was close to midnight. Where had the time gone?

He turned around inside his boyfriends arms to face him and said, “Well… I don’t have any plans tomorrow…”

Vick raised an eyebrow, “So…”

“Only if you are a perfect gentleman, I guess I can stay the night.”

Vick leaned in and kissed Jiyong on the tip of his nose and said, “Scouts honor.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just wanted to thank you all for reading. In Focus has gone over 10,000 views and I couldn't be more grateful to all my lovely readers and subscribers!

Hugs for everyone!