Chapter 17

In Focus

The next couple weeks were filled with awkward giggles and shy glances as Jiyong and Vick got accustomed to each other, now that they had started a real relationship.

Every time Vick would see Jiyong, he felt like a little 12 year old school girl, smiling from ear to ear, hanging on every word he said, never leaving his side, but honestly that’s just how much the younger man made him happy.

They didn’t go out too much, just in case Vick was recognized, they didn’t want to cause a scene. And they didn’t want to make their relationship public, for obvious reasons. But every now and then they would chance it and go out to eat or see a movie. Vick liked the cheesy typical dates, it made him feel like a normal person, and Jiyong didn’t care what they did as long as they got to see each other.

 

On one of their dinner dates, they went to a restaurant that was frequented by wealthier patrons. It was midweek, so the restaurant itself wasn’t that occupied with diners, Vick knew this and thought it would be a good chance for them to have nice dinner and not be bothered too much by onlookers.   

They were seated towards the back and as they looked over their menu’s the waiter brought over a bottle of wine Vick had picked out earlier. After he poured their glasses and took their orders, he walked away leaving the two men to enjoy their drinks.

Both of them eyed each other as they took small sips waiting for the other to talk. They had started doing this on one of their first “dates”, having staring contests with each other. Vick started doing it because it would make Jiyong squirm a little and Vick always loved it when the younger man became flustered. After a couple times, Jiyong got used to it and he would stare back trying to make the older man squirm for once.

Vick wanted to be stubborn this time, so he decided he would be tight lipped until the younger man spoke first. Jiyong knew what he was up to and wanted to play along, so the tension kept building. He set down his glass clasping his hands together in front of him and stared directly at Vick, challenging him. The older man smirked and took one last sip before he mimicked Jiyongs motions and stared back.

Jiyong squinted his eyes slightly and gave a small coy smile. He wanted to see how long they could last like this, because for him, he could sit and stare at Vick for days on end. As he looked into Vicks eyes he could see there was something there he had never seen before. A spark or hint of some kind of emotion, he just couldn’t place it.

It was almost… playful.

As Jiyong continued to stare at him, Vick slowly brought his tongue out to wet his lips, to see if he could get a reaction out of Jiyong.

And a reaction he got.

Jiyong tried not to show any, but he just couldn’t help himself. His eye’s slightly widened and Vick heard the gulp that the younger man took. As soon as he saw the small movement of Jiyongs throat, Vick’s eyes narrowed in on it. He watched as his adam’s apple slowly bobbed up and down. What he wouldn’t give to be on that neck right now, he thought as he almost let out a small groan.

He had to remember that they were in a restaurant… but there was always after dinner.

Jiyong saw the small change in Vick’s expression, and he knew what that one was. And he decided to push him further. With a coy smile, he brought one hand up and rested his chin on it as he slowly started to bite his lip, all while never breaking eye contact.

As Vick saw this gesture from Jiyong, he knew that the gloves had come off and they were about to start playing dirty. After their night of confessions, the younger man discovered how much his small lip biting affected Vick, and he stored it in the back of his mind to use for later. And so naturally it was perfect timing to bring it out in the middle of a restaurant.

Vick fidgeted in his seat, crossing his legs, and Jiyong smirked satisfied with the older man’s reaction. But what he didn’t realize was that Vick had moved on purpose. He let Jiyong feel like he had won their little game for a minute, but then he moved his foot and started gently rubbing the younger man’s leg.

Jiyong jerked hitting the underside of the table with his knees and created a rather loud commotion. Vick couldn’t hold in his laughter and started chuckling at the blushing man in front of him. Jiyong glared at him and whispered under his breath, “That wasn’t funny.”

“Yes. Yes, actually it was.”

The younger man huffed as he leaned back in his seat crossing his arms in protest.

“Come on, don’t do that,” Vick said.

“Do what?”

“Pout.”

“I’m not pouting.”

“Yes you are. And you need to stop.”

“And why is that?”

“Because you look too adorable. And I don’t know if I can hold myself back while you’re making that face.”

Jiyong quickly glanced around the restaurant to see if anyone else had heard Vick’s comment. The older man chuckled.  Jiyong reached out and batted at his arm to make him stop as he said, “Stop it. What if someone heard you?”

When the younger man reached over to hit him, Vick grabbed his hand and held it in his as he whispered, “No can hear us back here.”

Still wary of possible onlookers, Jiyong again looked around as he tried to pull his hand out of Vick’s, but the older man wouldn’t let him. He tightened his grip making Jiyong look at him.

“Would you calm down for a bit, no one is going to see us.”

“But-“

“Can’t I just hold my boyfriends hand at dinner?” Vick asked as he started rubbing the back of Jiyongs hand with his thumb and he could see that the motion was calming the younger man.

They sat there for a few minutes just appreciating one another until Vick saw that there food was coming and pulled his hand away. Jiyong frowned as the warmth left his hand but welcomed the food.

 

Halfway through, Jiyong looked up and stifled a laugh as he watched Vick. The older man heard the strange noise and scrunched his eyebrows, silently questioning the younger man as to what he was laughing at.

Jiyong swiped his finger on the corner of his own mouth trying to tell Vick he had pasta sauce on his cheek. The older man wiped his right cheek but Jiyong shook his head and pointed to the left side. He wiped the other side and looked to the younger man to see if he had gotten it.

Jiyong chuckled and shook his head as he leaned forward to wipe away the sauce. Just before his hand brushed over Vick’s cheek, the older man moved his head and bit down playfully on Jiyong’s thumb as he raised an eyebrow.

Jiyong gasped and squinted his eyes. Vick wiggled his eyebrows as if to ask ‘what are you gonna do about it’. The younger man pulled his thumb out, rubbed the sauce off Vick’s cheek and then brought it up to his lips.

Vicks eyes widened as he watched Jiyong slowly put his thumb between his lips and the sauce off. He heard a small popping sound as Jiyong pulled his thumb out, giving Vick an evil smile.

“That’s for the leg stunt you pulled earlier. Now are you going to leave your mouth hanging open like that or are you going to finish eating?”

Vick shut his mouth as soon as Jiyong said it was open and took in a deep frustrated breath. He glared at the younger man and continued eating, praying that they would finish soon and get out of here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For those who haven't read it yet I wrote a little one shot to practice writing , so feel free to check it out here!

Also shout out to Atenais for making the beautiful banner!