Chapter 19

In Focus

Jiyong squirmed out of Vicks’ arms saying he had to use the bathroom, to which the older man pointed down the hallway and said, “Second door on your left.” Jiyong nodded and walked in the direction he pointed in.

When Jiyong was out of his sight, Vick just stood in the kitchen reveling in the high he was experiencing from everything that had just happened. He couldn’t stop smiling and his stomach was doing flips at the thought of what a weekend in Jeju could hold. But his heart stopped when he thought about having to live two weeks without seeing the younger man. It would be hell, but he would have to it up and get through it. They had their phones and Jiyong would probably bring his computer, so they could video chat when he had time.

He was brought out of his thoughts by the sound of the bathroom door opening as Jiyong walked back towards him.

“So I know we just agreed on me staying the night and everything…”

Vick’s heart sunk and he held his breath waiting for some form of rejection that he was sure was coming.

“But… umm… what am I going to wear? Would you mind if maybe… I… uhh… borrowed something?”

Vick couldn’t help but burst out laughing from the nervousness he had created in his head and at the embarrassed face his boyfriend was making.

Jiyong huffed and crossed his arms, not appreciating Vick’s reaction.

“What are you laughing at me for? It’s a legitimate question. I don’t know about you but I find it rather uncomfortable to sleep in skinny jeans and a sweater.”

“Sorry… sorry…” Vick panted out as he tried to compose himself. He started moving towards Jiyong as he continued, “Yeah, I’ve got something. Follow me.”

As they walked to Vick’s bedroom to get Jiyong his change of clothes for the night, the younger man kept looking around the apartment, taking every detail in. For everything that was here, was a part of the life Vick has lead since they’ve been separated as kids. From the books randomly scattered about, to the little knick knacks and toys that decorated the apartment, everything meant something to the older man. And Jiyong hoped he would be able to find out one day.

When they walked in, he stayed at the door and leaned against the frame, waiting. Vick walked around the bed to his dresser and pulled out a pair of pajama pants and a t-shirt, tossing them towards Jiyong.

“Here. They’re an old pair that doesn’t fit me anymore, maybe they’ll fit you. Also there’s a spare tooth brush in the bathroom drawer on the left.”

“You had this planned, didn’t you?” Jiyong asked, eyeing him.

“One always has hopes.”

Jiyong rolled his eyes and grabbed the cloths, making his way back to the bathroom to get ready for the night.

 

After going through the awkward part of arguing about who was sleeping where, they finally agreed to share Vicks’ bed, not wanting to make the other uncomfortable by sleeping on the couch.

 Vick made sure to reiterate the promise he made earlier about being a gentleman, trying to relieve any hesitations the younger man might have, as they climbed under the covers.

With both men lying on their backs, staring at the ceiling , they tried to fall asleep. But the feeling of the others presence next to them, and millions of things running through their heads, they found sleep was not coming as fast as they had expected.

Vick finally rolled over to face the other man and whispered into the darkness, “Are you awake?”

He heard the rumpling of sheets as he felt the younger man rolling onto his side as well.

“Yeah. Can’t sleep.”

“Same here.”

They could barely make out each other’s features in the darkness but it was just comforting to know that the other was there.

“You know I was thinking… about what you said earlier tonight, while we were on our way here…”

“What did I say?”

Vick took a moment.

“My name… you called out my real name when we got separated.”

“Sorry… I didn’t know what else to say.”

“No, it’s not that I’m mad at you… it’s… umm how do I explain this? When I heard you call for me, it made my heart stop. Not in a bad way or anything, but I felt… I don’t know… normal. Like in that moment I wasn’t Vick the movie star, I was Seunghyun, a normal man who had been lost in a crowd… and I liked it.”

“Oh…”

“Yeah…”

A short silence passed over them as the confession sunk in.

Then Vick broke it by continuing with, “I was wondering… if you don’t mind… would you start calling me Seunghyun from now on?”

Instead of hearing a reply from Jiyong, he felt the bed move and then the younger man’s arms wrap around him, pulling him into an embrace. The soft warmth of his breath ghosted over his cheek as he moved his head closer to whisper, “Seunghyun…”

A shiver ran down his spine at hearing his name again. He moved and nestled into the crook of his boyfriends neck and smiled against the soft skin.

Jiyong wrapped his arms around him more, trying to become as close as possible, and kissed the older man on the temple.

“You will always be my Seunghyun.”

Eventually sleep came and carried them off, still wrapped in each other’s arms.

 

The day Jiyong left for New York was absolute torture for Seunghyun. He wanted to spend the short amount of time being happy with him, but the fact that he was leaving kept pushing its way to the front of his mind. Jiyong knew what was bothering him but tried to make the best their time together.

They agreed to have breakfast and then Seunghyun demanded that he drive him to the airport. He knew it was risky driving to the airport together since no one really knew about their friendship let alone their actual relationship, but he had to see Jiyong off.

They pulled into the parking lot and parked in one of the more secluded areas, just to make sure they were alone. Seunghyun put the car into park, they unbuckled their seatbelts and just sat in the car not saying anything.

Jiyong twisted in his seat a bit to look at the man sitting next time, trying to memorize every detail.

Seunghyun could feel his gaze on him and decided to turn towards him. He could almost feel the crackle of tension in the air that was building between them. And as their eyes locked, he brought up his hand up, cupping his face and brushed his thumb across Jiyong’s cheek bone.

The younger man leaned into the warm strong hand, closing his eyes for a second as he hummed, “I could stay like this forever.”

“I wouldn’t complain.”

“I know you wouldn’t, but my friends in New York would.”

Jiyong looked at the clock wishing time could freeze for a few more moments, but he had to board the plan in less than 45 minutes.

“I have to go.”

“I know…”

Finally, they couldn’t take the tension any more as both of them leaned towards each other at the same moment. Their lips locked in a sloppy, hasty kiss. Their hands roamed each other’s bodies.

Jiyong brought his hands up and tugged at Seunghyun’s hair, making him gasp. He took the chance and pushed his tongue past the shocked man’s lips. Seunghyun welcomed the glorious intrusion and gave a small moan.

Jiyong loved hearing the moan and feeling the vibrations on his lips from it. He slide hands down the older man’s neck trying to pull him closer. Not caring about anything at the moment, Seunghyun grabbed onto Jiyong’s hips and pulled him across the seat to sit in his lap.

As awkward and uncomfortable as it was, the two men got accustomed to their new position rather fast, with Jiyong grinding his hips into the older man’s. They pulled apart for a brief second and looked into one another’s eyes, filled with passion and lust.

Seunghyun nipped at Jiyong’s bottom lip which ignited the fire again in the younger man. He kissed his way across the older man’s jaw and down his neck. He heard a hiss from the man above him as he bit down on his soft, exposed skin.

“Ji…” Seunghyun moaned at the onslaught of his neck.

“Mmm… Ji… I like the sound of that,” he mumbled against the mark that was starting to form on the older man.

Digging his nails into Jiyong’s waist, Seunghyun groaned. He had never seen this side of his boyfriend in all of the intense make out sessions they’ve had over the weeks. He would nibble here and there, nothing like this, but he wasn’t complaining.

Seunghyun moved his hands up his stomach and slowly pulled the younger man from him. Jiyong let out a small moan from being separated from the hot skin and was left panting in his lap. The older man almost let him go back to assaulting his neck when he felt the warm breath brush across his face and saw the redness in Jiyong’s cheeks.

“You know you have to go…”

“Yeah… but I just wanted to give you something to remember me by.”

Seunghyun rolled his eyes and pointed to the mark that was on his neck, “Like I need this to remind me. I’m going to be too preoccupied replaying what just happened in my head at night to sleep.”

Jiyong flashed him an evil smile and started biting his lip.

“Hey now, that’s not fair! You can’t start doing that again knowing you’re about to leave.”

The younger man chuckled and leaned in to kiss him again. This kiss was soft and sweet, completely opposite as to what just took place.  Finally Jiyong pulled away and slid back into the passenger seat to make his way out of the car.  Seunghyun looked at him, longing to go back to his place and continue, but before the younger man opened the door, he pulled  his shirt sleeves.

“Jiyong, wait.” His boyfriend turned at being called.

“You know I kind of like the sound of Ji…” He gave a coy smile that quickly faded at the older man’s expression. “What is it?”

“I just… I…” His throat suddenly dried up, but he swallowed and reached for Jiyong’s hand, holding it in his. He looked at their joined hands and then looked to him.

“I love you.”

Jiyong’s eyes widened and Seunghyun leaned over for one last kiss. He didn’t give the younger man any chance to reply because as soon as they pulled apart he said, “Now go. You’re gonna miss your flight.” Pushing him out of the car.

Flustered and at a loss for any form of speech, Jiyong got out of the car and grabbed his luggage from the back. Seunghyun yelled goodbye from the driver’s seat and sped off once the door had shut.

Jiyong stood there for another minute taking in everything that had happened. His phone beeped, breaking him from his daze, and he pulled it out to read the new message.

Get going! I know you’re still standing there!

He looked around the parking lot for the familiar car, but couldn’t find it. And then another beep with a new message appeared.

I meant what I said... Now go and hurry back so I can hear your reply.

Jiyong smiled at the text as his stomach filled with butterflies. He couldn’t wait for this trip to be over.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So much fluff! Ahh I love writing it!