Promise not to kill me?

Of Movie Clichés

 


SLAM!

Sehun stands from his seat and then looks at the other two, "What was that?!"

"Must be the wind." Chanyeol just shrugs, Kai just returns to his coffee.

"Too strong for the wind." Sehun pads his way to the bedroom, he opens the door way and Luhan stiffens on the bed, 'Please, self. Don't fail me now. Look your best as you pretend to sleep!'

Sehun looks at the piled up bodies on the bed and they're obviously fast asleep, he walks closer just to double check when Kyungsoo opens his eyes and shrieks, "CREEP!!!"

"WHAT?!"

Kai is behind him suddenly and grabs Kyungsoo to him, "You scared him!"

"I was just checking if all of them are really asleep!"

"SHUT UP!!!" Baekhyun roars then throws pillows even with his eyes closed, Luhan acts to have been woken up by the sudden commotion and sits up, "What's going on...?" He rubs his eyes for added effect.

"I got surprised. Sorry, hyung." Kyungsoo tells them, "Go back to sleep..."

"Okay..." Luhan mumbles then turns his back from his friends and feigns sleep. He sighs a breath of relief mentally since it looks like everyone's bought his little act.

"I think it's time all of us sleep now." Sehun announces, Kai and Chanyeol (who's lucky to have walked in after his boyfriend threw the pillows) nod in agreement. Kai releases Kyungsoo from him, gives him a quick peck then lies on the mattress on the floor. Chanyeol mumbles 'good night' on Baekhyun's ear, gives him a kiss on the cheek then sleeps next to Kai. Sehun just looks longingly at Luhan, whispers a silent 'sweet dreams' then squeezes himself between his two friends.

"Wow, coffee doesn't work, huh?" Sehun quietly speaks, talking to particularly no one but Kai hums a silent, 'yeah...' And Chanyeol is already snoring next to him. Exhaustion totally caught up with everyone even with the caffeine boost.

-----

Luhan wakes up next morning ahead of everyone - he really did have a hard time going back to sleep after last night. He keeps lying on the bed and questions himself with how can he possibly act normal now knowing that Sehun's in love with him? And how is he supposed to react? He's not even sure he feels the same way. He never did see Sehun romantically involved with him.

Luhan's thoughts are cut off when suddenly Kyungsoo stirs from his sleep and unconsciously jumps off the bed, a loud 'OOF!' And the wide-eyed boy's frantic apologies wakes Kyungsoo more, "I'M SO SORRY, JONGIN! I DIDN'T REALIZE I STEPPED ON YOUR STOMACH! I WAS STILL SLEEPY AND---!"

"It's okay, love. Sleep with me more."

"Okay..." Is Kyungsoo's quiet reply before the room stills again, the soft snores coming out from most people in the room is their only background music. Luhan gets up after another 5 minutes or so, leaving Baekhyun still sleeping next to him. He finds Kyungsoo pressed against Kai's chest, asleep, Chanyeol is still snoring and Sehun... Is  not on the mattress.

"Oh well. Act normal. He doesn't have any idea you've heard." He whispers to himself then walks out of the bedroom.

"Good morning." Sehun greets him when he saunters in the kitchen. The younger is already eating his sandwich for breakfast while having coffee.

"Good morning. Coffee again?" Luhan asks, he's glad his voice didn't give him away.

Sehun grins, "I worked at Starbucks for a while, remember? We practically run on caffeine."

"Right." Luhan goes to the counter to check for food when the younger speaks, "I made you breakfast too, sit down."

"Thanks..." Luhan turns and sits across Sehun, who doesn't seem to mind that he didn't take his usual place next to him.

"GOOD MORNING!" Chanyeol's deep voice booms in the kitchen, Baekhyun still has his eyes closed as he's wrapped around his boyfriend, feet over Chanyeol's making the taller walk both of them to the room. Kai and Kyungsoo follow, the wide eyed boy is obviously being held down by Kai when the latter has his head on the older's shoulder, his arm wrapped on Kyungsoo's waist as they walk.

Luhan has never been so thankful to them as of right now.

"Help yourself to whatever plausable breakfast we may still have." Sehun speaks, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo puts down their respective partners in their seats then the two of them scavenges for whatever they can eat. Sehun stands, "Are you guys having lunch here?" He asks, "Please say no."

Chanyeol shakes his head, "I can't stay. I have to leave after breakfast, Kris left a text and says we have training."

"I'm going with him..." Baekhyun mumbles, still half-asleep.

"I'm going home to my own apartment. My roommate's probably mad at me for being gone more than a week."

"I told you to move in with me already..." Kai mumbles, Kyungsoo smiles, "JONGIN, we talked about this."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Great." Sehun beams, Luhan is already listing things in his head the stuff he can do without Sehun but not looking like he's obviously avoiding him. "Because honestly, you 4 are not part of our weekly budget."

"Cheapskate!" Kai mumbles, Sehun whacks him in the head before walking out of the kitchen, Luhan sighs in relief only to stiffen again when the younger pops his head inside and calls his name.

"Y-yeah?"

"We need to go to the supermarket. You obviously lived on junk food."

"O-okay..."

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine!" He smiles, "Still sleepy."

"Alright." Sehun is gone after that.

Sehun is already done with shower and their friends bid goodbye to the both of them. Luhan fidgets next to Sehun as the younger closes the door, "Are you gonna take a shower first or after we do the groceries?"

"I'll shower first."

"Alright. I'll just watch TV and wait for you."

"Okay." Luhan goes inside the bathroom to take a shower, but he actually doesn't and just sits on the toilet to ponder, or just stare in the wall. It takes him less than 10 minutes before he realizes that he's doing nothing inside the suffocating confines of the bathroom.

Twenty-five minutes later he comes out to the living room to find his bestfriend watching the morning news. When Sehun feels his presence, the younger looks up, "Shall we go?"

"Wait. H-how about you do the groceries and I'll clean the house? Look at the mess they left."

"Shouldn't you have told me earlier?"

Luhan scratches the back of his neck as he tries to avoid eye contact with Sehun, "I-I just realized how they thrashed the place when I was changing in the bedroom." The younger gives their place a once over and nods, "You're right. I'll leave now, and you do the cleaning." The younger walks out the door and waves goodbye to Luhan.

-----

Sehun is in the middle of grocery shopping when he gets a long-distance call from Lay, "Yo?"

'Dude, I'm coming home tomorrow.'

"And?"

'There's this dance competition...'

"Ask Kai."

'Stop being a brat, I'm calling from China, you . He already knows ands he's game. We need three persons to enter. Come on! Talent scouts will be there!'

"Couldn't you have told me tomorrow?"

'I want us to practice immediately.'

"We?"

'Kai and I will force you either way. Are you in?'

"Yeah, I'm in. Like I have a choice."

'You actually don't. See you tomorrow!'

Sehun puts the phone back in his pocket and continues with his groceries. Back at home, Luhan spaces out most of the time as he vacuums the living room. He can't bear this situation alone and he thinks of other people he can trust with this matter. He's been in the university 4 years prior to Sehun so there must be friends he has that are not in their current circle. Then he remembers he's a nomad and he calls Sehun everyday during those years. Luhan slumps on the couch as he recalls all the times he called Sehun about his exes, and how his bestfriend encourages him everytime that that relationship will work. Sehun is always there for every heartache, he'd sometimes come to Seoul to personally comfort him in the past. He buries his face in his palms trying to straighten his thoughts when something sparks and the lights in their apartment goes off.

He looks up to follow the smell of something burning and finds the vacuum cleaner dead, half the rug inside of it.

" this ." He mumbles, then takes his cellphone to call his bestfriend, personal feelings aside first, because for Christ's sake, look what happened.

"Sehun, can you promise not to kill me when you come home?"

'What happened?'

"The vacuum cleaner ate half the rug. The fuse blew out and we have no electricity."

'For the love of... I was only gone 20 minutes.'

"I'm so sorry."

"Can you call an electrician? I'm halfway done with our grocery and you better come up with a good excuse with what just happened."

"Promise not to kill me?"

'We'll see.'

Sehun ends the call and Luhan sighs in relief. He believes that talking casually with Sehun will be hard since this morning, but it actually isn't. Well, unless he's face to face with his bestfriend, because that's a different matter now.

-----

"Hey."

Tao looks up to see Baekhyun standing over him by the bleachers, "Hi, hyung."

The shorter boy sits next to him and they watch in silence as their respective boyfriends stretch for their training today. "How are both of you?" Baekhyun starts, Tao looks at him, "We talked. We spent the whole night just talking."

"I have no reason to believe that you just talked. Make up is always awesome."

"HYUNG!" Tao is blushing and the older is laughing uncontrollably next to him. "... We talked after doing it..." Tao whispers under his breath and Baekhyun smiles widely, "Amazing, right? Sometimes I have to pretend I'm really angry at Chanyeol so we can have make up too."

"Hyuuuung~!" Tao whines, he's not really that apt in talking about his life out in the open. Baekhyun laughs and Tao just hangs his head low in embarrassment - he's too embarrassed to even look at Kris getting sweaty on the court.

"Sorry, captain. Looks like Baekhyun's bullying Tao."

Kris is looking at his boyfriend pouting and whining next to Baekhyun, "It's okay. He looks cute like that. I that way and I'll get wushu'd."

"How's the both of you, anyway?" Chanyeol asks as he jogs next to Kris - the two of them are 20 minutes earlier than the 10AM call time and they're the only two doing lapses on the court.

"We're fixing things up. We're not in the best condition at the moment but we're not in our worst."

"How's the make up ?"

"Park Chanyeol!"

Chanyeol laughs and jogs ahead of Kris. He stops in front of where his boyfriend is sitting with Tao and winks at him. Baekhyun gets the message and they laugh uncontrollably, Chanyeol jogs on. Kris stops in front of Tao and mouths 'I'm sorry. They're crazy.' Tao just smiles and motions with his hand for Kris to go on jogging.

"By the way, Tao..."

"I refuse to answer anything that deals about my... life."

Baekhyun hits his arm, "Chanyeol and I are just kidding around. That's not the 'by the way' for. By the way, there's still the beach trip and everyone's going."

"Everyone. Luhan-hyung... We convinced him to still come."

Tao sighs then just watches his boyfriend on the court, "I don't want the others to be worried, we talked about this last night too. And we'll be there... Makes it easier than coming up with an excuse why the two of us are not going."

"That's great. Maybe good things will happen at the beach."

"Maybe."

-----

"I'm really sorry. I'm so sorry." Luhan is scratching the back of his neck when Sehun arrives. The younger just sighs and takes his shopping bags to the kitchen where an electrician is still fixing the fuse.

"How much is the damage, sir?"

"Not much. Just a blown up fuse, it won't take too long now."

"And the vacuum cleaner?"

The electrician laughs, "That one's a goner. So is the rug."

Less thant 10 minutes later the lights are back on and Sehun is paying the electrician (reluctantly, because this is not in their weekly budget) then turns to Luhan. "Care to explain?"

Luhan shakes his head, "I was just... Cleaning and then I sat down and was thinking of something and then it happened."

"What were you thinking of?"

'You?' "Just... What I did to Kris and Tao. I am thinking of ways to apologize."

"The time to apologize will come eventually. Just, go back to cleaning and I'll prepare our lunch."

An hour later, they are eating their rather late lunch in silence, and Sehun can't take it anymore. "What's wrong?"

And Luhan is stupid because he can't keep it any longer too, "I heard you. Last night."

Sehun feels like dying right then and there. He knew it. It wasn't the wind. It was Luhan slamming the door shut.

"I'm sorry, Sehunah... I just..." Luhan starts then just mumbles everything after.

"You... What...?"

"I can't..."

"You can't?"

Luhan hangs his head low, "You're my bestfriend and I don't want that to change. I've n-never seen you romantically, Sehun. I just..."

"I understand."

Luhan looks up, "No, Sehun. I just..."

Sehun smiles bitterly, "It's alright. At least that's done and we don't have to trouble ourselves with it anymore." The younger breaks eye contact and tries to finish his food even if his appetite is already rejecting it.

"I'm sorry..."

"Let's just drop the subject, hyung."

"Will you promise me one thing?"

"What?" Sehun doesn't look up, just continues picking on his food that he's bound to throw out anyway.

"We're still bestfriends. We'll always be..."

"Yeah. Excuse me." Sehun takes his plate and puts it in the sink, "At least, give me this time alone." The younger walks to his bedroom and locks the door behind him.

Luhan buries his face in his palms and just stays rooted there for god knows how long.

Meanwhile inside his own bedroom, Sehun isn't crying but he can feel the huge lump lodged in his throat as he lies still on his bed. He takes his phone and browses through his friends' numbers then realizes that nobody has to know. Luhan probably won't tell anything to the others so should he.

He stares at the phone and Sehun remembers the call from Lay and he just can't wait until tomorrow comes. Dancing would definitely keep him busy and it will refrain him from thinking about this. He buries his head in his pillow and wills himself to just sleep off the feeling of his heart breaking with its every beat.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Author's Notes:  THANKS TO THE 113 SUBSCRIBERS. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME <3

 

NO. HunHan will not be happy together ever. /is bricked. I want more drama because, it's a movie-cliche fic. And it's honestly fun to play with all their feelings. i am a sadistic writer sometimes. well not really, but nyahaha. someone will be creeping in between hunhan very very soon. and he's not hard to guess. <3 see you guys next chapter.