Kris and I are friends now. I don't see anything wrong.

Of Movie Clichés

"And you walked out, just like that?" Baekhyun asks, Sehun nods.

"Cool!" Baekhyun raises his hand for a high five, Sehun stares at him judgingly. "What? I mean, you can win an Oscar for that performance."

Sehun groans inwardly, "Was I wrong?"

"No."

"Yes."

"Not really!"

"You are a bad potential bestfriend-turned-boyfriend!"

"You're not helping him, guys." Joonmyun stops the overlapping voices then faces the maknae. "If you're asking yourself if you were wrong, then you just might as well be."

"But he's controlling my life. I want Tao and Kris to be happy. I am genuinely happy for them because, well, I don't know those two for quite long but you can tell Kris loves Tao, no matter how uncharacteristically cheesy he is. And Tao, he WAS willing to reject Kris even if he likes him back just so Luhan-hyung won't get hurt. They deserve each other and no matter how many times I try to get Luhan-hyung to realize that there's no way Kris will like him back, he just won't listen."

"So you decide to hurt him and then run away?" Kyungsoo asks, Sehun bows his head, "I'm a coward, hyung. I've always have been. If I wasn't, he would know how much I love him by now."

"BINGO! You can stay as long as you want!" Kai high-fives everyone in the room, then punches Sehun lightly on the shoulder. "Cheer up, Sehun. Maybe your absence will make your too-oblivious bestfriend realize how much you mean in his life."

"I don't think he will. He's lived alone here in Seoul for years while I was in high school. He'll be okay without me."

"You lived together for months. TOGETHER. Something you have never done back home. And you're both older, things are different now." Yixing comments, the others nod in agreement.

Sehun lies on the couch and hugs the pillow, "Kai, I am gonna use this place for a while, okay? I need time to think."

"No in MY room. That's all I ask." Kai reminds him and Kyungsoo smacks the back of the younger's head.

"Well, don't take too much time. Luhan is unstable, he may be older but he's obssessed and someone still needs to keep his sanity intact." Joonmyun adds, Sehun groans, "yeah..."

Sehun falls asleep in the middle of the conversation, too tired to keep up with everything happening right now.

-----

"Yo, Sehun." Kai nudges the younger, "yo."

"Whaaat...?"

"Me and Kyungsoo are going out for lunch, the others left already. There's food on the fridge and I'm leaving the house keys here."

"Okay... Go away."

"Alright." Kai walks out the door to where his boyfriend is waiting.

"You think we should tell hyung that his bestfriend is here? He must be worried sick." Kyungsoo asks as he takes Kai's hand.

"I already told him last night. I don't think it's good if I hide Sehun from him."

"How about the rest of the guys? Do you think they should know?"

Kai pats Kyungsoo's head, "Baekhyun's with us last night, everybody knows already."

-----

Luhan wakes up around after lunch, eyes puffy from crying last night. He and Sehun have been friends for as long as he can remember and this is the first time they've fought like this.

He was only able to sleep after Kai texted him that Sehun is staying with him for the night (he thinks that the tanned boy took pity on him after thousands of ignored calls to Sehun) but Luhan still hates himself for causing Sehun to walk out on him like that.

He picks up his phone and calls Kai, and after about two tries, he finally picks it up.

"Hey, Kai?"

'Hey, hyung. Sorry, me and Kyungsoo are having lunch and he hates when I use my phone when I eat... And...' Kai is cut off then it's Kyungsoo speaking after, 'If I knew it was you, hyung I would have let him answer immediately, I'm so sorry!'

"That's okay, uh, how's Sehun?"

'He's still sleeping when we left.'

"Do you think it's okay if I drop by while you're gone? I really just want to apologize."

There are muffled sounds from the other line and then Kai speaks again, 'Just don't set my apartment on fire or break my furniture if things don't go too nicely.'

"Thank you. I'll make it up to you."

Kai laughs on the other line, 'I'll think of ways of how you can, but fix this up first.'

Luhan sighs after ending the call. He takes his towel and showers, he tries his best to conjure up the things he'll apologize for. There are many, but he still insists that chasing his own happiness is not part of it.

In an hour and a half, he's in front of Kai's door, apprehensive to knock. Luhan pulls out his hair in frustration, stomps his feet, still unsure whether this is a good idea or not. He sighs, it's now or nev--

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?" Sehun asks once he finds Luhan about to knock on Kai's door, "Can't you leave me alone for a week? A day?! Did Kai tell you I'm here? That ."

"Are you going to do this here?!" Luhan bites back, rage filling up his system.

Sehun pulls Luhan inside and locks the door behind them, "Please, hyung. I just woke up, I'm hungry, and you're the last person I want to s--"

"I guessed as much. Here." Luhan shoves a bag of takeout on Sehun, "Let's have lunch. Let's talk."

Sehun shakes his head and they go to Kai's pristine kitchen. He serves the food in silence, Luhan sits as he waits. Sehun doesn't say anything once he's done preparing the food, he just starts eating, Luhan follows suit.

After ten minutes of angry silence, Luhan speaks up, "You can't ignore me forever."

Sehun huffs, "Just, why are you here?"

"I want to apologize. I'm sorry for whatever it was that upset you."

"You don't even know what you're sorry for."

"Because I honestly don't know what you're so upset about."

"You can leave, hyung. Come back when you know."

"YOU'RE THE ONE BEING A KID!"

"We can't be in the same room nor in the same environment right now, hyung. Just go away."

"Do you hate me that much? How would I understand if you wouldn't tell me?!" Luhan starts crying again, Sehun pulls his hair in utter frustration, "Don't cry. I hate it when you do."

"You hate me enough already, it doesn't matter anymore."

"I don't hate you per se. I hate what you're doing, who you're becoming."

"I like Kris... I won't apologize for chasing after my happiness."

Sehun sighs, he's defeated. "Come here." Sehun opens his arms and Luhan runs into it, hugging and crying. "I don't want you mad, Sehunah. Please come home."

"I'm not gonna go back home until you realize why I'm mad at you. I won't judge you for chasing after your happiness but the steps you take to get it... I'm not fond of it."

"But we're still bestfriends, right?"

"When are we not?"

Luhan hugs him tighter, "Okay, as long as I know that we are."

'Great. Bestfriendzoned.'

"Hey, hyung."

"Yeah?"

"You're heavy."

"Oh. I'm sorry." Luhan laughs as he wipes the tears that ran down his face. Sehun smiles, he misses the bubbly and fun-loving Luhan that he knows.

-----

It's Monday. Kris, Tao, Yixing, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are in the airport to see the two Chinese boys off.

"Do you really have to go?" Kris asks Tao, the younger just smiles, "We talked about this last night. I told you, if I can convince my parents, I will come back immediately."

"Convince him with all the aegyo that you know and come back tomorrow!" Kris demands and the group just laughs it off, "Oh, ge. I'll miss you too."

"How long are you gonna do your goodbyes?" Baekhyun asks, Chanyeol nudges him, "What? Kris-hyung's been trying to stop Tao from leaving ever since we left their apartment!"

"He's been trying to stop him since last night." Yixing comments, he slept over at the couple's place so that their departure can be more convenient.

Kris groans rather loudly when his boyfriend's flight is called, he pulls the boy into a tight hug and whispers, 'I love you.'

Tao feels his world stop, it's the first time those words escaped from Kris' mouth. It's not like he doesn't know, but they are taking baby steps (though moving together was a huge leap) and he just wasn't ready so he tears up while he whispers the same exact words. Kris hugs him tighter that Yixing and Chanyeol had to pry them apart, "We have to board, Tao." Yixing reminds him, the younger nods.

"Bye ge. Please, keep your promise while I'm gone."

"I will." Kris kisses him briefly then wipes his boyfriend's cheek, "I'll see you when you get back."

Tao smiles and then waves goodbye to everyone. Kris watches him and Yixing leave.

"Hey, hyung." Chanyeol and Baekhyun calls out to get Kris' attention.

"Hmn?"

"Were you two able to talk?" The shortest among them asks as they walk out of the airport and into the parking lot where Kris' car is parked.

"Nope. He just wasn't ready so I told him he can tell me when he gets back."

Chanyeol raises an eyebrow, "So, you're really not aware of anything?"

"Aware of what? That Luhan-hyung likes me?"

"YOU KNEW?!" The couple screams, Kris immediately gets inside his car to avoid being associated with them.

Baekhyun scrambles in tha passenger seat, Chanyeol curses his long legs when he suddenly is having a hard time getting inside the backseat in curiosity.

Kris starts the car, "I'm not as oblivious as you guys think."

"Then why do you still insist that Tao tells you?" Chanyeol asks, Baekhyun looks at Kris in confusion.

"It's not like I knew it right away. I was kinda getting curious already because Tao-er is so cute and perky when he's with you but curls up when Luhan-hyung is around. He's scared of him and you guys aren't subtle either. I just know that my boyfriend is a selfless guy, and putting the pieces together, I just realized why it was Luhan-hyung he needed the approval to date me the most. And last Friday, there was already a hint that Luhan-hyung's involved so I just want it to come from Tao-er so that I'm a hundred percent sure."

"I see. You do realize you're hurting Luhan-hyung too when you're too affectionate with Tao?"

"He's my boyfriend, Baekhyun. You can't blame me for that and for the first time in a long time, I'm... Really in love, like, really in love as if my past relationships were nothing. It's very unlike me to be showy, but this is different. And maybe, at the back of my head, I want hyung to realize that it's Tao-er I want to spend the rest of my life with."

"Wow, you're a pretty loyal guy for a popular and perfect student."

"You're just stereotyping the jocks Chanyeol. Not all of us are douchebags, but we're the small 5% so I can't defend the rest of the guys."

"But, aren't you awkward with hyung?" Baekhyun asks, Kris shakes his head, "I'm used to people having crushes on me. I'm a jock. I'm part of the student council. I don't wanna sound like a pompous bastard but, you know. And he's Tao's friend, that's what's important."

-----

Luhan is bored out of his wits. He and Sehun are at least in speaking terms now, though his bestfriend still refuses to come back to live with him. He didn't plan anything for the sembreak since he was sure he and Sehun can kill boring days together and of course, some days he wants to get closer to Kris alone.

Luhan smiles to himself, he IS alone now and he's bored and he knows that Tao and Yixing already left 3 days ago. He decides to take a shower, and prepare some sandwiches to bring to the campus.

'We're friends. This is not weird at all.'

It's around 4 in the afternoon and Luhan sits by the bleachers watching the basketball team practice. He finds Kris on the side, talking to what looks like new recruits for the team. Luhan sees Chanyeol among them and he wonders if he should leave. He holds the lunch box tighter and sighs, 'No. There's nothing wrong with this.'

Luhan thinks basketball is a little boring compared to soccer, nothing beats Manchester United but Kris looks so amazing playing and all sweaty like that so he thinks that maybe he can watch the game as long as the blond is there leading the team.

Two hours into the training and he hears Kris shout that there'll be an hour break for everyone. Most of the guys disperse the gym except for Chanyeol and Kris who are still drying themselves with their towels. Luhan freezes when the two guys look at him, Chanyeol pointing to his direction then waves. 'Oh well, might as well be not too obvious.' He waves back and steps down to where the two are standing.

"Hey, hyung! Why are you here?" Kris asks, Chanyeol looks at the captain first then to Luhan, "Yeah... You loathe basketball."

"I was bored? And here, I made these." Luhan shoves the lunchbox to Kris, "You two can eat that." He decides that it's best to leave, because really, not that he isn't confident about doing this today, but Chanyeol is just not part of the plan.

"You could stay for a bit, hyung." Chanyeol suggests, "I haven't seen you in a while." Luhan nods and sits on the bench. He pouts when he sees Chanyeol snatch the lunch box from Kris and opens it first. Kris sits on the other end of the bench as he gets something from his gym bag.

"Woah. These are cute sandwiches, hyung!"

"Thanks!" Luhan beams, 'AND THEY WEREN'T FOR YOU.'  Luhan glares at Chanyeol in his head.

"Here, Kris-hyung...Oh."

"Oh?" Luhan asks and sees Kris dialling on his phone, he raises an eyebrow.

"It's lovey-dovey couple time." Chanyeol comments as he takes one bite-sized sandwich whole. He sits on the floor across Luhan, "We started training last Tuesday and every break time, he calls him."

Luhan scoots closer, snatching the lunch box from Chanyeol to offer Kris (and to eavesdrop as well). Kris mutters a silent thanks and smiles at Luhan as he waits for his call to be picked up. Luhan pouts but still tries to keep his composure, he gives the plastic container back to Chanyeol who takes it whole-heartedly. He looks up to Kris when the team captain speaks suddenly.

"Hey, baby."

Chanyeol does fake-vomitting actions that makes Luhan giggle a bit. Kris just rolls his eyes to the both of them but smiles as he listens to the voice on the other end of the line.

"... Yeah. They're enthusiastic, well, I guess that's because it's the first week."

Kris laughs, then continues with the conversation while Luhan scoots away but still listens to Kris even if Chanyeol is speaking to him. "Oh, hey Chanyeol."

"Yeah?"

"How's Sehunah?"

"I thought you're both okay already?"

Luhan nods, "But we haven't seen each other since that Saturday I went to Kai's. It's Thursday and I miss him."

Chanyeol is still eating and doesn't even bother to look at Luhan when he speaks, "If you miss him that much, you wouldn't be here. This won't be for Kris-hyung."

"It's for the both of you!"

"Yeah, right. You don't even know I'm trying out for the team."

Luhan sighs, still trying to defend himself, "Kris and I are friends now. I don't see anything wrong."

Chanyeol looks up with a wide grin, "So, you're saying... You coming here with food for him, knowing he has a boyfriend who's out of the country, is completely innocent?"

"Well, yeah."

"Rrrright. If you say so." Chanyeol shakes his head, then nudges Kris' leg with his foot, the captain looks at him then takes a sandwich that Chanyeol offers him. Luhan looks at Kris and listens to the conversation again.

"When are you coming home?"

"Can't you come sooner?"

"I really miss you."

"I'm going to kill Yixing. I'm still a better company than he is!"

Kris laughs, "Yeah. I'm the best boyfriend there is."

Then silence. Luhan watches as Kris takes deep breaths and listens intently on the other line. He knows it's wrong to eavesdrop but Luhan couldn't stop himself anymore. "Don't cry, baby." Kris finally speaks in hushed tones, "I miss you too. I love you too."

And Luhan looks away. He finds Chanyeol fiddling with his phone, totally ignoring him. He's thankful that Chanyeol is a bit (just a tiny bit) oblivious to the things around him. Luhan looks to his side when he hears Kris sigh rather loudly. He watches as Kris wipes his face with his towel after ending the call, Luhan can tell that Kris is trying not to cry based on how hard he is rubbing the material on his face.

"Captain's gonna cry~ Captain's gonna cry~ Captain's gonna cry~" Chanyeol singsongs, Kris throws his towel at him, "I will not!" The captain then takes a sandwich and eats it, he faces Luhan, "This is good, hyung. Thanks."

"You're welcome. I can make more for the both of you next time." Luhan smiles, then Chanyeol hands him an empty lunch box, "I wish Baekhyunnie's here so he can bring me food too."

"Where is he?" Luhan asks as he puts the lunch box in his bag. Chanyeol sighs, "He went to Thailand with his high school friends. It was a spontaneous trip and he said they're going backpacking and he'll just come back when they do!"

Kris laughs, "You have it worse than me. At least Tao-er is definitely coming back soon."

Luhan smiles a fake-but-can-pass-as-genuine smile, "Yeah. Yeah, he will. I should go, I don't want to keep you from training."

"Thanks for the food!" Chanyeol beams, Kris just nods. Luhan walks away feeling a little successful with his trip. He's not gonna tell Sehun about this and if Baekhyun's out of the country, Chanyeol won't have to tell anyone too. Not like Kris will tell Tao, or he will but Tao's too far to do anything and as if Tao has done anything with Luhan before.

"God, I do sound like a bully." Luhan tells himself, he laughs at the thought, "Nah. I'm not."

-----

Luhan and Sehun meets up for dinner that night. The older calls Sehun on grounds that they are bestfriends and they need to see each other at least thrice a week.

"What are you up to? Bumming while Kai's not around?" Luhan asks, Sehun shakes his head. "I'm working."

"You're not."

"I am. I work part-time as barista at Starbucks across Kai's apartment. My shift's 1pm to 5pm if you wanna check."

"YOU?! Oh Sehun? Working?"

"Yeah. There's a lot of better things to do than sulk and be lazy this sembreak. And at least, I'm earning some money. And you? Still daydreaming about Kris?"

Luhan shakes his head, "What do you think I am?"

Sehun laughs, "An obsessed stalker."

"You're making me upset."

"Truth hurts."

"I am gonna walk out on you."

"You will."

"WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?" Luhan glares and Sehun just laughs.

"You're adorable. And I love it that since we're older now, I can bully you. Like the way you bully Tao."

Luhan squints his eyes, "You... You like Tao?"

"I will punch you in the face."

"OH MY GOD! YOU DO! Isn't this awesome?! We'll break them up! I'll have Kris, you'll have Tao!"

"It's not Tao that I like."

Luhan laughs while shaking his head, "You can't deny it!"

"Why are you stupid? You're so stupid." Sehun stands and leaves his share for dinner before walking out.

"I'm NOT!" Luhan calls out but it falls on deaf ears.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes: 

Pretty fast for someone so busy as me. hahaha.

raging muse. YES! /victory dance/ There will be more drama ahead. Just so you guys know. ^_^