Stupid, ge.

Of Movie Clichés

Luhan and Sehun comes to class on Monday and spends it normally albeit Sehun's a bit sleepy. Thank goodness exams are still far into the future and they can have the leisure of actually not paying much attention to class, except for Luhan who's actually trying his best to keep up.

"Hyung...?" Sehun whispers, head glued to his desk. The older turns to Sehun with a raised brow, "Yeah?"

"You okay?"

Luhan just nods then turns his attention back to the professor and lecture. The class ends hours later and they both head to the cafeteria to join their friends.

"How are you?" Lay asks the moment Luhan sits on their usual table.

"I'm okay. Feeling bloated." Luhan laughs at his own statement, Sehun smiles inwardly because he's missed Luhan's laughter over the weekends. The class ends without Sehun's knowledge, only a nudge from Luhan to wake him up tells him so.

Kai arrives without Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Baekhyun aren't joining them either. Minseok aren't on the table with them too.

"Look. You two." Joonmyun starts, "Tao is our friend, and Luhan-hyung don't frown." Joonmyun sighs, "We all decided to at least take turns on spending time with both of you until everything settles down. We are not taking sides because it's honestly absurd and immature."

"Hey!" Luhan exclaims, Joonmyun continues, "We know heartbreak's very hard to deal with, one way or another we've been through it once or twice. Just so you know, the others are with Tao and Kris right now in a nearby cafe."

Kai scoffs next to Sehun, "I honestly wanted to join them!"

"Eww. Triple date." Jongdae adds biting on his sandwich. Luhan pouts across him. "But hyung?"

"Hmn?" Luhan looks up still looking defeated.

"I know you're still hurting and all, but you told Tao to be with Kris. Why did you do it?"

"Jongdae-hyung, do you really have to ask now?" Sehun grunts, Luhan shakes his head at Sehun then faces Jongdae. "... As they say, the right thing to do is what hurts the most. I got your point, Kris wasn't even my boyfriend, but I honestly adored him." The older sighs, "I might not even be like this if it wasn't Tao. I might be okay if he's dating his classmate, or another jock, just someone I don't know but Tao's a friend and he lied about Kris asking him out. I want to be angry and hate him, but I know I really shouldn't and I've hurt him but I'm still hurting too."

"Enough." Sehun pulls Luhan to him since the older has started tearing up.

"I'm sorry, hyung. Okay, I'm not gonna open this up for now. Here, have my iced Americano." Jongdae apologizes/bribes and Luhan takes the drink, "I'd appreciate it Jongdae."

It takes all of Sehun's strength to drag Luhan to their second class in which Tao is with them. "Sehun-ah, I really can't!"

"Come on, hyung!" Sehun drags him near the door, Luhan tries to pry himself from the younger's grasp. The usually stoic boy peeks inside the classroom, "Hyung, Tao's not here yet. Let's go."

"I don't want to!" Luhan protests, heart racing against his chest once again.

"You don't have to walk me to my class."

"But I'm your boyfriend, and I want to."

"So stubborn!"

Luhan and Sehun turns to the direction of the voices to find Tao and Kris walking together, the younger of the two letting go of Kris once he sees Luhan and Sehun by the door.

"You should go, ge..." Tao pushes Kris away from him, Luhan glares at the couple before going inside the classroom. Sehun bows at them before following Luhan. Kris pulls on Tao's arm lightly, "Tao-er, is there something wrong?" The younger shakes his head and smiles (as genuinely as he possibly can), "Everything's fine, gege."

"If you say so." Kris gives him a peck on the cheek, "I'll pick you up later after you do your wushu."

Tao just nods and heads inside the classroom.

To say that the looming tension between the two is thick is an understatement especially if you're literally wedged between the two persons involved. Sehun sighs, he doesn't even know how he'd survive two hours with this kind of situation. He bites his lower lip, trying hard to concentrate on the lessons and almost bleeds (and jump from his seat) when Tao nudges his arm subtly. "What...?" He mouths, hoping Luhan won't notice.

Tao smiles then whispers, "Are you okay?"

"Shh..."

Tao shakes his head, "Look."

Sehun turns to see Luhan sleeping next to him again. His bestfriend probably hates Asian History more than ever now. Sehun smiles at Tao, "Well, that's better." Tao nods then turns back to the professor.

Thirty minutes later, Luhan groans, "I hate this class..." He mumbles and Sehun pats his back, "I really hate this class..." Tao bites his lower lip, he tenses with Luhan's words - it might not be directed at him nor was it intended to be heard by him but it hurts.

They're still halfway in class when the raven haired boy stands, excuses himself (saying he's feeling feverish) and leaves the room, not even knowing whether or not his professor gave him permission to do so.

Luhan watches as Tao scampers out, Sehun turns to him, "Hyung..."

"I didn't do anything."

Sehun sighs, "You said something."

"I hate this class. But Sehun, you know that I really do."

"Not as much as you do now."

-----

"Hey."

Tao looks up from the bench he's sitting on, he smiles weakly, "Hi."

"Tao-er, are you okay?"

"I'm okay, ge. I just..."

Kris hugs him briefly then releases him, "You still have an hour left for class, and you never cut classes. What's wrong?"

"... I feel feverish?"

Kris places the back of his hand on Tao's forehead then on his, "You're not sick. What's wrong? You just don't text me and tell me you left your class. I was in the middle of a council meeting."

"I'm sorry?"

Kris sighs and sits on the bench, he motions Tao to sit next to him, "Are you or aren't you gonna tell me?"

Tao shakes his head no, "... But, to be honest, I just feel suffocated in that class."

"Come on." Kris takes Tao's hand and they walk silently towards Kris' dorm. They settle on the lounge's couch where only a few students are present. "Tao-er..."

"Hmn?"

"I miss you."

"What?"

Kris laughs half-heartedly, "You were more open to me when I was still wooing you."

"What?"

"I'm your boyfriend now Tao. Your burden is mine too."

Tao smiles wearily, "I'm okay."

Kris sighs, defeated, "Fine. Come here." The older opens up his arms and Tao settles his head on Kris' chest. The blond wraps his arms around the boy, "We're new to this Tao, so I guess I can't really push you into telling me things you'd keep a secret. But I'm here okay?"

"I know. Thank you."

-----

Sehun and Luhan walks through the hallways of the studio, Sehun notices that studio 3 is empty. "Luhan-hyung."

"Hmn?"

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay."

Sehun sighs, "If you're okay, then..."

"No. Not to that extent. I'll talk to Tao when I'm okay. As in really, really okay."

They enter the studio where Kai and Lay is already stretching while facing the mirrors, "Hi, guys!" Luhan greets both of them, places his bag on the floor then joins his friends, Sehun follows him and stretches with the others.

The class starts and ends normally, as if Luhan isn't even heartbroken. The four hangs out together in the bubble tea cafe just outside the campus. "Hey, hyung." Kai starts, grinning, "I think I get it!"

"Get what?"

"Kyungsoo and I talked about it last night."

"Talked about what, Kai?" Sehun interrupts, said boy pouts, "You're not Luhan-hyung, loverboy."

"Loverboy?" The oldest asks, Sehun smacks Kai's forehead, "Ignore him, hyung."

"I'm older than you, you brat! Lay-hyung, aren't you gonna saying anything?"

Lay blinks, "Say what? It's you and Kyungsoo who talked. I'm just here to watch."

"You're always here to watch." Kai crosses his arms, sulking, "I wish Kyungsoo's here."

"Hey, Kai." Luhan calls out, the tanned boy looks up, "Mind continuing what you started?"

"Right!" Kai smirks again then leans forward, "Kyungsoo and I talked last night and..." But before Kai can finish again, the cafe's door opens and in comes Kris. Luhan's eyes widen, and his cheeks turn red immediately. He tugs on Sehun's arm, "Sehun-ah..."

"Hyung, come on!"

"What? I still like him."

Lay sighs, "Hyung, you sure have a weird way of coping with this."

Luhan smiles, "I cope with it the way I want to." He trains his eyes on the tall blond waiting in line by the counter, "He's really so perfect." Luhan is still staring from the corner booth when the door opens again and his face scrunches and he sinks back to his seat, eyes trained on his drink. The other three turns to see Tao handing Kris his wallet.

"Stupid, ge."

"Sorry." Kris smiles then wraps his arm around Tao and pulls him closer.

"This is what we talked about." Kai starts again, Luhan looks up, "What?"

"You should get used to seeing them together instead of running away from them!"

"That's absurd." The doe-eyed boy scoffs.

"No. I think for once Kai has a point." Lay agrees, Luhan turns to Sehun, the maknae nods, "Sorry hyung. I agree on this one."

Luhan groans, "Okay, you three are bullying me."

Lay and Kai laughs unceremoniously, Sehun pats his bestfriend's back to mock comfort. Luhan brightens up a little with the teasings, pushing his own pain at the pit of his stomach.

Tao watches from the counter as his friends laugh, he sighs. He absolutely misses all of them, he hates that going out with Kris would mean dividing the group he's made in college. He hates that he can't even join them anymore as a whole since he has the tall blond as a boyfriend.

"Wanna join them? They're your friends." Kris cuts his thoughts, Tao shakes his head, "It's fine."

Kris scrunches his brows, "Sure?"

"Yeah."

The couple is about to go out when Kyungsoo, Joonmyun and Jongdae walks in, "There you two are!"

Tao looks at Kris then to his friends, "Us?"

"Uh-huh!" Jongdae nods then stretches out his hand, "We haven't been formally introduced, hyung. I'm Jongdae and this is gramps, Joonmyun-hyung."

"Hey! I resent that!" Joonmyun protests but smiles nonetheless.

"I'm Kris. Sorry about last Friday, it must've been awkward for me to ask you guys like that." The blond shakes Joonmyun and Jongdae's hand, Kyungsoo nods at him. "So, uh, why are you looking for us?"

"Because you two are joining us!" Joonmyun goes between the couple and slinks his arms on each, pulling them to where Sehun and the others are.

"Wait, what?" Tao groans as he tries to pry himself from Joonmyun's grip.

"This might work!" Kyungsoo chirps in, helping Joonmyun as he pushes Tao and Jongdae pushes Kris.

"What the hell?" Lay exclaims after he notices the group approching their booth. The others look up to see Tao squirming and Kris laughing, Joonmyun struggling and the other two are just plain obstructed from view.

"Sehun, let's leave!" Luhan frantically stands but Kai leaps forward to hold him down. Sehun stands but out of nowhere, Kyungsoo jumps at him and keeps him on his seat.

"Nobody leaves." Joonmyun commands, pushing Kris next to Sehun, cornering Luhan by the window. Tao is then pushed next to Kris, Jongdae next to him.

"Is this some kind of initiation process in your group?" Kris asks, his arm around Tao's shoulder, keeping him close.

"No? Maybe?" Lay responds, looking for answers as well from Joonmyun and the others.

"What are you guys doing?!" Tao panics, and he throws Kris' arm off him, "Please!"

"Tao-er, are you okay?" Kris asks, Tao shakes his head frantically, "I need to go!"

"Stay."

And the whole booth stays still, all eyes go to the one in the corner, "Stay, Tao. Kris."

Tao's lower lip trembles, his heart races against his chest, and tears threaten to fall. "Can I just go? Please..."

"You're shaking... Are you scared?" Kris whispers, Tao nods, "There's nothing to be scared of."

"But I..."

Luhan leans forward so he can be seen by Tao, he smiles (rather wickedly for their friends' approval) "Just stay, okay?" He glares, "Okay?!"

"Hyung!" Sehun slaps Luhan's shoulder, "What the hell?"

Luhan smirks then whispers to Sehun's ear, "As they say, keep your friends close but your enemies closer."

"What???"

"I shall be Cady. I shall get Aaron from Regina." Luhan whispers again then smiles at Sehun, "Please, do stay." He tells the couple then turns to Sehun again, "Cady ends up with Aaron, right?"

"Were you dropped on the head when you were born?" Sehun whispers back, Luhan slaps his chest, "Of course not!"

"You heard Luhan-hyung, let's stay for a bit, Tao-er." Kris tells his boyfriend and pulls him closer again, "So, uh, hi guys? This is really new to me since I'm a senior and you're all my underclassmen but I hope you do welcome me to your rather... Small group." Kris tells the group, Joonmyun nods, "We welcome you! You should hang out with us more often!"

Tao sighs in defeat, "Fine..."

"Woah, everyone's here." Chanyeol's voice booms, Baekhyun and Minseok with him. "Did we miss something?" The chubby cheeked boy asks as he pulls a chair from another table. "Yes. You missed a lot." Jongdae smirks, Tao glares at him.

"What? What happened?!" Baekhyun fires out, sitting on Chanyeol's lap since there aren't any free seats and he's too lazy to pull out another chair from an empty table.

"I dunno. I think I'm getting initiated on joining your group." Kris responds, Luhan glances at Kris then digs his fingers on Sehun's thigh, "So ing..."

"Hyung! Ow!" Sehun slaps Luhan's hand but the older just sighs, "...perfect."

"Hey, guys." Joonmyun starts, everybody's attention turns to him, "Sembreak's around the corner. Plans?"

Kris nods his head, "I have training."

"Boo!" The group voices out, the waitress next to them almost drops her tray from it.

"I might fly back to China." Tao tells the group, Kris whines, "You're leaving me? Can I come with you?"

"I said I might. And you just said you're gonna train."

Kris sighs, "You're right."

"Boo to you too!" Baekhyun blows raspberry at Tao, Luhan smiles widen, "So you'll be gone a long time?"

Tao looks at Luhan apprehensively, "I... Yes. Maybe 2 weeks."

"Perf--! Umph!!."

Sehun covers Luhan's mouth and laughs very, very awkwardly. "Pardon him, he was dropped on the head when he was born."

Luhan struggles to get Sehun's hand off his mouth, "I told you I wasn't!!!"

"You're adorable, Luhan-hyung." Kris comments innocently but everybody in the table tenses, most especially Tao and Sehun. Luhan thinks every specie of butterflies start flying in his stomach and out his mouth as rainbows and sparkles. "I am?!"

Kris just laughs then turns to Tao, "But I like you the most." He whispers, and his boyfriend blushes beet red.

"Okay. Awkward. Anyway, right, sembreak." Joonmyun starts again, "Can we at least go to the beach?"

"Yes!" And this time a tray definitely drops on the floor, it's a wonder their group isn't being chased out yet (no it's not, the manager doesn't actually mind. A group of 12 good looking guys, gay or not, is a sure way of drawing in customers.)

"My training starts immediately for two weeks so I don't know if I can come with you." Kris starts. "I'm thinking of flying back to China as soon as I can after this sem ends." Tao tells them as well.

"Okay, aside from this couple," Joonmyun speaks and Luhan cringes at the word, "Anybody else busy?"

"I'll be gone a week after the sem ends. It's my sister's wedding and it's gonna be in Busan." Kai speaks, and then the others tell each other their plans, Joonmyun takes note of everything. After a few minutes of chattering, Joonmyun drops his pen with a slam, gaining everyone's attention.

"I guess everyone's back on the third week. That's the last week before 2nd sem starts. Can we not make other plans but going to the beach?"

"Alright." Kris replies then turns to Tao, "You'll be there, right?" And his boyfriend nods. Kris turns to the group again, "Uhm, I have to go now. Me and Tao will just talk about this and then he'll inform you."

"Bye guys." Tao tells them, Jongdae scoots away as he gives space for the couple to go through. Kris turns to the group again, "See you!" He takes Tao's hand then they both leave the place.

Luhan stares at the couple leaving, until Kai breaks his thoughts, "So, hyung, how do you feel?"

"Huh?"

"About seeing them together like that? How do you feel?" Kai prods on, Luhan pouts, "I dunno. Still hurts because I still want to be the one next to him."

Kyungsoo sighs, "Well, it's the first time so maybe it's still fresh but I think this will work."

Luhan shrugs thens stands, "I'm tired, Sehun-ah, let's go home."

"Okay." Sehun stands as well, "Bye guys!"

But before the best of friends can leave, Baekhyun laughs, so does Chanyeol, Lay and Kyungsoo, "Oh Sehun! Don't let us lose!" The wide-eyed boy calls out. "You are so whipped, Sehun!" Chanyeol adds, making Sehun almost run back and hit him square in the face.

"What are they talking about?" Luhan asks innocently after the both of them has exited the place. Sehun shrugs, "They're a crazy bunch. Nothing makes sense with them."

Luhan nods, agreeing to what Sehun's said. "Hey, Sehun-ah..."

"Hmn?"

"What do you think of them?"

"Of them? You mean Tao and Kris?" Sehun asks and Luhan nods, "... They don't look bad together."

"But..."

Sehun sighs, "You'll get used to them."

"I don't want to get used to them. Maybe I can but I don't want to!" Luhan whines, "I still want Kris for me."

Sehun sighs (for a hundredth time that day), "So what are you gonna do? Push Tao in front of the school bus?"

Luhan cracks and laughs uncontrollably, "You're crazy! I'm not that mean! But I do have a plan!"

Sehun stops on his tracks, Luhan halts with him, "You are NOT mean. You're kind, and gentle and you love all your friends."

"I still do!"

"You're conniving and bordering obssessed with what? A guy you're physically attracted with?"

"Hey, that's being rude."

Sehun places his hand on Luhan's shoulders, "We're best friends, but I will not tolerate this. You are not the Luhan I know."

'You are not the Luhan I love.'