Don't screw up while I'm gone!

Of Movie Clichés

Sehun ignores the calls from Luhan again. He can't believe that his own bestfriend is too dense or just plain stupid to even think that he's in love with Kris' boyfriend.

He groans on his pillow when his phone vibrates again, he thinks it's a bad idea that he got a part time job because now he can't turn off his mothering phone in case his boss contacts him. Sehun picks up the phone and it's the 30th call in the last 2 hours. He sighs then presses the green button, "STOP CALLING ME!"

"Sehun-ah, I'm so sorry." Luhan speaks in hushed tones, "If you don't want to admit to it, that's okay. I'll wait until you're ready."

The line is cut off and Sehun thinks that it's 10 in the evening, he believes his boss will be kind enough not to bother him this late so he turns off his phone.

-----

Sehun is always poker faced so he keeps his expression when Luhan walks inside Starbucks around 3 in the afternoon that Saturday (Friday is spent lying to his boss that he misplaced his phone but actually it's off the whole day). It's a lazy time of the day so the coworkers he usually works with are taking their cigarette breaks now. He walks up to the cashier and greets Luhan with his practiced smile (why are there no other customers, for god's sake?), "Good afternoon, welcome to Starbucks! What are you having, sir?"

"Your time? I need to speak to you." Luhan does his puppy eyes, Sehun keeps his cool and shakes his head, "We don't sell that here, sir."

"Oh Sehun!"

"Sir, we must refrain you from raising your voice, this is, afterall, a coffeeshop."

Luhan growls, stomps his foot and hisses at Sehun before speaking again, "Fine! One venti Iced Americano. Happy?!"

Sehun smiles, "What name are we putting on the cup, sir?"

"Luhan! It's LUHAN."

"Alright, sir. That would be 4500 won."

Luhan hands him the cash, and Sehun punches it on the register. Just then, Jonghyun and Minho comes in from their breaks, "Jonghyun-hyung, can you take over? I need to take my break now." The older male nods and faces Luhan, Sehun looks at his bestfriend, "Meet me at the back after you get your order." The youngest hands Minho the cup and then goes outside. Jonghyun smiles at Luhan as he hands him his change and receipt.

A few minutes later, Minho is holding Luhan's order and raises an eyebrow as he looks at the name written by Sehun, "Hyung, is it okay for me to call this out?"

Jonghyun looks at the name and holds his laughter in, "Well, if it's a typo or intentional, hell, this is funny."

"If you say so." Minho shakes his head and calls out, "ONE VENTI ICED AMERICANO FOR LUWHORE?! ONE VENTI ICED AMERICANO FOR LUWHORE!"

Luhan gasps in shock, runs to the counter, grabs the drink and marches out of the store as quickly as he can.

"I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!!!" Luhan screams the moment he finds Sehun laughing hard outside that the younger looks like he's choking on air. Luhan stops the urge to throw the contents of his drink on Sehun's head so he just settles on kicking his bestfriend's calf.

"HEY! That hurts!"

"You deserve it. You meanie!"

"I have 10 minutes and then I have to get back to work. Basically, that's all the time you have with me. So, what?"

"Why are you always angry at me? Do you hate me? I really miss you Sehunah."

"I don't hate you, but I won't deny that I'm a bit angry with you."

"But why?"

"Because you just won't stop about Kris. Did you ever think that maybe I'm sick and tired of hearing your obsession with him?"

Luhan pouts, "But if I don't talk to you, who will I turn to?"

"... The wall? I don't know. I just don't like hearing things about Kris, especially now that he's with Tao." Sehun looks at Luhan whose eyes turn wide as if to tease the younger, making Sehun hiss, "For the love of... I don't like Tao so stop with the starry eyes, hyung!"

Luhan pouts as he sips on his drink, "Just leave Kris alone for everybody's sake. Your obsession with him is driving everyone up the wall, especially me. God, I'm half buried in a brick wall already."

"I... I can't."

"Why not? You're an adult, you should know how."

"Not when the both of us are getting closer!"

Sehun raises an eyebrow, "The both of you are getting closer?"

Luhan shakes his head, "Uh, I mean, we're all friends now right?" He lies that he's also at Kris' training yesterday and he'll be there later too.

Sehun squints his eyes, "I've known you for so long, hyung. Are you doing something stupid again?"

"W-what?! I'm no---"

"Sehun! Emergency! Tons of schoolgirls with no classes! Minho's being flirted and I swear I'm gonna cut es, get back in here!" Jonghyun screams then heads inside the shop.

"I have to go, hyung. Please, don't call me every minute. My phone can't take it anymore. And not until Tuesday, I'm going home tomorrow, mom says they miss me. Uh, bye." Sehun walks to the door and Luhan calls him out, "Wait, Sehunah!"

"What?"

"Are we okay?"

Sehun smiles, "For now."

Luhan smiles back, "I'm down with that."

"Don't screw up while I'm gone!"

-----

It's that Sunday that Kris talks to Luhan while eating the food the latter prepared for him and Chanyeol. Chanyeol is currently nowhere in sight and the two are left alone in the gym.

"Hyung, you're always here. Do you wanna try out for the team?"

Luhan shakes his head, "N-no. I just don't have anything to do."

Kris nods, "I see. But, don't you think it's a hassle for you? And today's Sunday, I don't think you should spend it watching a bunch of sweaty guys playing basketball."

"I love watching you play! I mean, you guys... I don't really know much about basketball because I'm a soccer fan, this might be a good start to be interested."

"Oh, okay... E-excuse me." Kris grabs his towel and then sneezes continuously three times. "Ugh."

"Are you sick?"

"I think I'm coming down with a cold."

"I can tak---" Luhan is cut off when the phone on Kris' hand rings.

"Sorry, I have to take this call, it's Tao." Kris smiles then answers the phone. "Hey baby..."

Luhan rolls his eyes, he hates how Tao just ruins everything when things are coming his way. Again, he's left to listen to the conversation between the couple, and how awkward is it this time now that he has no Chanyeol to distract himself with. Luhan sighs because Kris doesn't move away from where they're seated and the older doesn't have to be subtle if he decides to eavesdrop anymore.

"Have you talked to your parents?"

"Fingers crossed, baby." Kris laughs a little then sneezes, "Yeah... I think I'm getting sick but you don't have to worry, Tao-er. I'll be okay."

Luhan rolls his eyes too hard it looks painful, for the past few days that he's been spending time with Kris (and Chanyeol) he's hoped that even just for once, the two won't talk during break time and Kris would rather at least pay more attention to him. For the few yesterdays, that has never happened.

"Yeah... I really miss you, it's making me sick."

"I'll see you soon, baby. I can't wait til Friday, or earlier. I love you."

Kris ends the conversation with a huge smile on his face, Luhan doesn't know how and why he asks the question when he turns to the athlete. "You're really in love with him, huh?"

Kris turns to him, a faint blush painting his cheeks, "Yes, hyung. I can't see myself without him."

"Might be your 22-year old hormones talking."

Kris shakes his head, "Then I'll let these hormones talk for the rest of my life."

"Huh. Okay..."

"Hyung! Captain! Baekhyunnie's coming home!" Chanyeol runs up to them, jumping up and down in front of them. "I hate you! How come he comes home first before my Tao-er!" Kris teases and Chanyeol just pats his captain's back.

"I'm happy for you, Channie." Luhan smiles brightly at the lanky boy.

"Hey, hyung?"

"Yes, Channie?"

"Where's Sehun?"

"Back home. His family asked him to visit them. He'll be here by Tuesday."

"Ugh! So unfair. Your partners are coming home earlier than mine!" Kris whines, Luhan screams, "He's not my partner!"

Kris smiles, "He might as well be yours. You match each other perfectly."

"Yeah, hyung. Why don't you and Sehun date?" Chanyeol prods on, Luhan shakes his head. "Bestfriends should never date. It's against the law of friendship!"

"Baekhyun's my bestfriend before." Chanyeol begs to differ. Kris adds, "And Tao's my bestfriend now."

"No. Just.. NO." Luhan picks up the lunchboxes, "I'm leaving. And again, NO." He walks out of the gym hating Sehun a bit because now Kris thinks he and his bestfriend should hook up.

-----

It's a Monday and Luhan decides to not go to the team's training, trying to be less obvious. He finally checks his email, and it's flooded with messages from their other friends - Kai emailed a picture of his older sister's wedding, with the bridesmaids teasing Kyungsoo because he caught the bouquet thrown to the girls with a caption: 'He was just watching the girls preparing to fight for the bouquet when it casually lands on his lap! Hehehe, looks like we're for keeps!, Baekhyun sends a picture of him and his friends in front of Angkor Wat when they crossed from Thailand to Cambodia - Luhan checks all the messages one by one, some with pictures and some just random updates on their lives away from Seoul. As he backtracks the contents of his inbox, a message from Lay with the subject 'Someone's a crybaby' catches his attention. There's a whole lot of stuff first - his sleepover, the flight, and having to deal with a crying Tao next to him on the plane. Luhan scrolls down to see a still of Tao's head buried deep into a red dragon plushie. Luhan wants to slap himself hard because why did he even bother to click on the white play button in the middle of the image.

'Stop crying, Zitao.'

'I miss him already...'

'You'll see him in two weeks.'

'He just told me he loves me.' Zitao hugs the plushie tighter, and his shoulders keep shaking, 'and I just told him I love him too... Shouldn't we spend more time together now?'

'Then come back sooner...'

Tao looks up, eyes puffy and red, 'STOP RECORDING ME!'


An obvious struggle to steal Lay's phone ends the video recording.

"Huh." Luhan closes the email and now he's totally bored. "Wow, how did I even survive the past years here?" He looks at the clock on the wall, it says 2:30 PM and he's already ran out of things to entertain himself with.

He decides to watch romantic movies to pass the time, but it doesn't appeal to him anymore - he believes his current situation is much more complicated and is totally box office worthy. Luhan turns off the TV and just decides that he'll go to the training anyway.

-----

"YO CAPTAIN! YOUR BOYFRIEND'S HERE!"

Kris turns to where Eli (his classmate and point guard) is looking, thinking it's Tao who's arrived, the captain hits his shoulder playfully, "Shut up Eli." Luhan waves at Kris, the latter just gives a curt nod.

"Hey, bro."

"Yeah?"

Eli is tying his shoes while Kris is just watching the team play since he's still sick and keeps on sneezing on the court (the game halts whenever he does), "Does your real boyfriend know that Luhan comes to see you here?"

"No. I don't think he has to know. I honestly think Luhan's just trying to be nice."

"Or get into your pants."

Eli gets a smack on his head, "Be nice."

"Kris, you're too nice. You don't have to be, because unconsciously you're giving Luhan false hopes."

"I am? But, he knows I'm with Tao. And he can even hear me talking with my boyfriend every time he's around."

Eli stands and faces him, "You do know that some people just refuse to give up until everything blows over."

Kris sneezes, Eli laughs, "Take a break, bro. Leave everything to the vice captain. Taemin can take care of this until you're okay."

"I'm fine watching you guys."

"And your voice, eyes and snot say otherwise."

"Leave them alone." Kris pushes Eli to the court, the captain sits on the bench and he sees Luhan approaching him.

"Are you feeling any better?" The older asks, Kris shakes his head, "Worse."

"Guessed as much. Here, eat these." Luhan gives him a bag of oranges, "Vitamin C."

"Thanks, hyung."

Kris hears a catcall from Eli and Chanyeol just shakes his head as he watches from the court. "Hey, hyung."

"Yes?"

"Uh, you're aware that I am with Tao, right?"

"Perfectly. Why?"

"Uh," Kris scratches the back of his neck, "It's just that... How do I even say this...?"

"Just what?"

"People are talking."

"Huh?"

"Uh, nevermind." Kris stands, "Thanks for the fruits, you should go. Sorry, hyung." The captain runs to his team despite his sickness, Luhan doesn't leave and instead stays to watch.

Kris pushes himself to his limit to not take a break since Luhan is still watching from their bench and he really can't deal with him right now.

"Your little girlfriend still waiting, captain?" Yun, one of the younger trainees asks.

"He's not my lover." Kris heaves and coughs as he replies. He places his hands on his knees as his cough doesn't stop.

"Captain, you're getting worse. You should go home." Eli tells him, Kris shakes his head "We'll be done in an hour, let's just finish this."

Eli puts the back of his hand on Kris' forehead, "Don't be stupid, you're burning up!"

Chanyeol runs up to the commotion, "Come on, hyung. Let's get you home."

Chanyeol puts Kris' arm around him and drags the captain to the bench to get his bag.

"What happened?" Luhan asks, standing up from where he's seated and taking Kris' other arm to help Chanyeol.

"He's getting worse."

"Let's get him home." Luhan tells the two, the captain shakes his head, "Don't bother, hyung. I can drive myself home." Kris tells Luhan half-consciously.

Luhan doesn't take no for an answer and the three of them walk to the carpark. Chanyeol checks Kris' bag for his home and car keys. He is about to take the wheel when his phone rings, "Baekhyunnie?!"

Luhan ignores him and puts Kris on the backseat, making sure that the captain is comfortable until they get home. The oldest waits for Chanyeol to finish talking to his boyfriend, when the taller gives Kris' keys to him. Chanyeol ends the conversation and then faces him, "Baekhyun's at the airport and he's asking me to pick him up. Do you know where he lives?"

Luhan shakes his head and Chanyeol scribbles a makeshift map on a parking ticket he finds on the dashboard and gives it to the older, "Just take him home, give him meds and leave."

"You're gonna make me leave him alone?"

"... Hyung, call a doctor. Call Sehun or anybody else who's already back in Seoul."

"Why can't I be there for him?"

"Hyung, no disrespect but you can't be alone with him. If Baekhyun's not waiting for me, I'd take him but he's already landed and checking out. Please, hyung. For everyone's sake, just leave immediately."

"Fine." Luhan opens the car door but glares at the other before getting in, "And Chanyeol, you're an ."

-----

Luhan struggled so badly to take Kris to his apartment since he and Tao lives on the end of the 3rd floor's hallway. The taller boy is already slipping in and out of consciousness when his fever spiked up earlier when he played nonstop. After the older gets to open the frontdoor, he immediately (as immediate as he could) puts Kris on the bed (he's thankful that the room isn't locked because really, no matter how close Kris is to him when Luhan's carrying him, his weight is no joke) then runs out of the room to find him some medicine.

He finds himself roaming around the apartment and he hates himself in admitting that the place looks like a newlywed's abode. Everything is still fluffy, and nice and reeks so much love between the two that Luhan almost wants to cry. Luhan sees a huge corkboard on the wall heading to the kitchen. On top of the frame, a post it reads: 'We can forget the actual dates, but never these.' Luhan is amazed on the number of wallet-sized polaroid pictures of the couple pinned to it. He looks at the pictures closely and there are random moments caught on camera, with small captions written below.

'First night on our own apartment! Time to sleep!' Luhan reads silently and stares at the picture of Tao's head resting on Kris' chest as he sleep with Kris doing a peace sign with a huge smile on his face - his lover completely unaware of the picture being taken.

'Remind self not to ever let Kris in the kitchen anymore' - a picture of Kris in the middle of a very messy kitchen with a plate of a failed attempt to make them pancakes for breakfast (there's even a drawn thought bubble saying 'Sorry, baby!' In Kris' handwriting next to his head).

Luhan turns to the other side of the corkboard where he finds some stuff pinned too, with little post it notes as labels. Two movie tickets for a French film dated 3 months ago - 'Our first ever movie date (IT'S NOT A DATE! - Tao), a receipt from a milk tea shop - 'Tao refused to not share the bill on our 2nd date (IT'S NOT A DATE! pt. 2 - Tao)', a glove - 'Thank god the wind stole the other one, I finally got to hold Tao's hand.' Judging from the movie tickets, Luhan realizes that the two has gone out (noting that most memorabilia prior to them being exclusive has Tao's disclaimer in his own handwriting, technically them being not dates) a couple of months unofficially before Kris asked everyone for Tao to finally be his boyfriend.

Luhan feels his heart break the most when a picture of hands with the same simple silver bands on their ringfingers is pinned in the middle of it all with the caption, 'Legally, soon?' catches his attention. He stares at it longer, making sure it's the couple's hands but still hoping they just printed a picture from the internet. He keeps staring and staring, as if burning holes to the picture, wishing it'd turn to ashes and it will disappear in front of him.

Only when he hears Kris sneeze does he realize he still hasn't found him his medicine.

Luhan goes to the bathroom and thankfully found the medicine cabinet and took what he thinks can help Kris. He rushes to the kitchen to get a glass of water and then back to the bedroom where he finds a shivering Kris under a blanket.

The older wakes him, Kris looks at him confusedly as if trying to recognize him, "It's Luhan. I won't stay long, but do take these. It will make you feel better." He gives Kris the medicine and the taller takes it before falling asleep.

'Please, hyung. For everyone's sake, just leave immediately.' Chanyeol's words echo in his head, he knows he should probably leave and that the lanky boy may have a point but then Luhan looks at Kris looking helpless and weak.

He decides to it. He's gonna make sure Kris is okay until tomorrow morning then he'll leave.

-----

Luhan wakes up when the sun's rays hit his eyes. He checks his watch, it's 7 in the morning and he fell asleep sitting on the floor with his face on the bed next to Kris.

He looks up to check on the captain. He places the back oh his hand on Kris' forehead and he's glad that his fever broke and that his temparature has gone down. Luhan can feel his heart beat faster as he stares at Kris this close, and he thinks he's beautiful and peaceful.

"Change of clothes..." Luhan whispers then goes to the dresser to find Kris a new shirt and sweatpants. He takes off Kris' blanket and sits on the bed next to the sleeping boy.

"You're just so perfect." Luhan mutters, he stares at Kris' face then his lips, and his heart is winning over his head because he leans in closer, and his breath is ghosting over the captain's face.

Kris opens his eyes with Luhan's face inches from him.

"Kris..."

It isn't Luhan who spoke.

Kris pushes Luhan off him, and finds Tao standing by the doorframe staring at the both of them. When Kris jumps off the bed, Tao runs out of the apartment with his boyfriend chasing after him.

"Tao! Tao, stop!"

Tao doesn't and runs faster when the elevator door opens immediately to his favor but Kris is able to grab his wrist and pulls him out of it, "Tao, it's not what you think."

Tao is already crying as he faces Kris angrily, "Not what I think? You're kissing! In our apartment! On our own bed! At this hour? You made him sleep over!"

"Tao, let me explain!" Kris tries to pull his lover closer to him but the younger fights him, "Let go of me you cheater!"

"I did not cheat on you!"

"You liar..." Tao looks down on the floor and continues crying, Kris attempts to hug him when he releases his lover's wrist. Tao's hand stops him by the chest and the younger looks at him, "You promised me, Kris. I chose to be with you, but you chose to break my heart."

"Tao... Please, we have to talk about this."

Tao shakes his head, "Not today. Not soon." The younger steps away from Kris, "I'll get my stuff once I find a new place to move."

"No. You're not moving out. You're not leaving! You're not breaking up with me."

"But I am." Tao runs to the stairs and leaves Kris in the hallway. The older is too stunned to even chase after Tao again.

Kris finds Luhan standing in the middle of the living room, the taller stares him down, the older fidgets. The doe-eyed boy looks at him apprehensively, "I... I'm sorry."

"Sorry? That's all you have to say?"

"I didn't even know what came over me! It wasn't intentional!"

Kris grits his teeth, "We broke up. I hope you're happy."

Seeing Kris really angry at him is enough to instil fear on Luhan, "I... I like you, Kris." He blurts out, using it as defense mechanism for Kris to calm down a bit, but Kris' eyes only intensify.

"I know. I've known for a while now! I'm trying to be nice hyung so you'd be sane enough to leave me alone without me hurting you and you realizing that I am with Tao. I just wanted you to give up eventually."

Luhan looks at Kris straight, "But I didn't want to stop liking you! Give me a chance, Kris."

Kris shakes his head, "Was that what you were thinking all this time? That I'd be with you if Tao and I breaks up? Luhan, it's not gonna happen. I'd win Tao over and over, again and again if it's the last thing I do for the rest of my life."

Luhan tears up, "You're being harsh, Kris."

"We've all been too nice to you, Luhan. Every ing one of us had to adjust to you. Tao feared you. You have no idea how much it scares him whenever you're in the same with room with him. But this is the last straw, Luhan. Please, just go. Leave our apartment, leave Tao and I alone. You have to go now since I'm still sane enough not to hurt you physically."

Luhan doesn't say anything anymore and a second person runs out of the apartment building crying.

-----

Sehun returns to Kai's apartment, he looks at the place and he thinks that he's overstayed his welcome. His friend has called him last night that he and Kyungsoo will be coming home from Busan tomorrow and the younger thinks it's time he returns to his apartment with Luhan.

He's still settling down when his phone rings, he thinks Luhan's on the dot when he told him to call him on Tuesday. He picks it up and is surprised when it's not Luhan's name flashing on the screen.

"A long distance call?" Sehun thinks before picking up, "Tao?"

'You're the only one I thought of calling. Are you in Seoul....?'

"Are you crying? Where are you?"

'Sehun, help me... I'm broken.'

"Where are you?"

'Outside the campus' library. I don't have anywhere to go, and I don't wanna involve anybody else but you...'

"Stay there, okay? Don't move, I'll be there."

Sehun ends the call and goes to the counter, he takes the house keys and rushes out. He forgets his cellphone on the same counter where he took the keys.

Luhan's name is flashing as the device keeps ringing after the door closes behind him.

----------------------------------

Author's Notes: Ah. The drama. Oh well. I dont want my readers to hate Luhan too much, so did i overdo it? Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter. i'll update soon.