You're boring holes on their heads.

Of Movie Clichés


Luhan can't will himself to sleep through the drive. He shifts on his seat trying to get a better position before he can drift off. He closes his eyes for a few minutes, feels himself shut down then wake up only to realize that only 5 minutes has gone. He just looks at his friends flailing and talking animatedly among each other.

Luhan hates the fact that he can't even pretend to appear interested on the battle of who's the best Evangelion (he's all for EVA 02 - agreeing with Minseok, but today he's just not in the mood) among aforementioned friend, Joonmyun and Jongdae. He's stuffed his ears with earphones but Jongdae screaming that EVA 01 eats Angels like nobody's business is awesome and every argument is invalid still blends along with the music he's currently listening to. He isn't interested with the conversation that he can't even look at them, opting to just stare out the window.

Okay, he lied.

He's kind of interested, come on, it's a battle on who's the best EVA unit out there. Shinji's a whiny bastard and he really kind of wants to just tell Jongdae that EVA 01 should have eaten his pilot instead but there's just one thing that occupies his mind right now. Luhan looks out the window, the sun is about to set and there's still traffic on the main road they're on due to collision accident ahead.

Luhan ignores his friends and plays with the switch of the window like a child. He lets it go up and down, but he stops halfway after Kai's car pulls up next to theirs. Their windows are down and Luhan can't just see but also hear his friends and bestfriend laughing inside the vehicle. The doe-eyed boy is so fixated staring at them that he doesn't even notice that Sehun is already waving his hand in front of him.

"Hyung! You okay?"

"Huh?"

"Oh! Later!" Sehun waves goodbye when traffic finally moves and Kai races ahead of them since once you pass the cars that blocked the road, the road just kind of becomes wide open. Joonmyun steps on the gas to catch up, battle among EVA units forgotten, Jongdae calls Kyungsoo (as per their assigned driver's order) to remind Kai that it is them they have to follow and not the other way around.

Kris just blares his car honk as he drives behind the other two cars trying to catch up to them.

All these - Luhan checks his watch - an hour and a half on the road.

They stop by a quaint home restaurant around 8 in the evening for dinner because most are hungry and tired, but for Lay, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae, hunger means throwing candy wrappers on each other's faces through open windows. Kris was on the verge of just crashing his car and get it over with because really, he must have the worst luck of carpooling with Baekhyun and Chanyeol until Joonmyun stops by the said home restaurant still open out of the main road.

"This is so out of nowhere, won't it be fun if this is like the movies? We'll be trapped here until we all die!" Baekhyun exclaims excitedly as they enter the place, Tao clings on Kris for dear life.

"Baekhyun, why are you like this? Why? Why? Whyyyyy?" Kris grits his teeth as he pulls his boyfriend closer, Baekhyun just laughs evilly, "I'm born this way. Deal with it."

"You're doing this on purpose. I have no idea why Chanyeol is so in love with you." Kris argues, the others agree with him.

"I'm great in bed." The shorter boy responds poker-faced. The rest of them walks faster inside, trying to get away from Baekhyun.

"What?! He is!" Chanyeol's voice booms and there are echoes of 'Oh my god!' 'We didn't need to know that!' 'Don't you guys know about boundaries?'

Luhan feels better when all of them sit in three tables moved together to make one especially since Sehun is back on his side. "First of all, dinner. And please, no talking about your bed stories, Chanyeol, Baekhyun." Kyungsoo pleads after they all settle down.

"Can't promise that." Baekhyun snickers and Kyungsoo looks about ready to strangle his friend, "Alright. Alright. I will shut up. Kai must not be giving you any."

"Excuse me?" Kai gasps and everybody on the table not Baekhyun and Chanyeol just groans in defeat.

"You all look adorable like that." Chanyeol comments, "We're both just teasing you."

"Ready to order?" A waitress interrupts them, and chaos ensues. Who thought it was a good idea to just bring one waitress to a table of riot personified?

Luhan looks around as he waits for their food to arrive until he feels someone nudging his side. "Hyung, you okay? You're spacing out."

"What?" He looks at Sehun, who still has his index finger pointing at him, ready to poke.

"See? Spacing out. Something wrong?"

"Ahh, no. No! I'm fine." Luhan smiles, Sehun nods then turns away. 'That's it? We're separated 3 hours and that's it?!'

Everybody stops their chitchat when they hear something snap. All eyes turn to Luhan.

"What?" He asks, wide-eyed and unaware of what caused the stares.

"Hyung... You just broke your pair of wooden chopsticks in half." Sehun whispers against his ear, "I DID!?" Luhan looks at his right hand where only the top half of the chopsticks are. "Woah. Guess I didn't know my own strength."

"Something wrong?" Joonmyun asks from the other end of the table, Luhan just shakes his head. "Sorry. I was just excited I couldn't contain my feelings."

"You are? Cause in the car, you obviously just want to throw yourself out the window so you can get out..." Jongdae comments, Luhan glares at him, "and... Yes. Of course, you're excited."

Joonmyun claps his hands together to grab their attention, "Right, so in our beach house... There are 6 bedrooms."

"Beach mansion then." Lay comments, Joonmyun sighs, "Let's not call it that."

"Still too small for a mansion for his taste." Baekhyun adds on, Joonmyun contemplates whether or not he can continue or just get his car keys and return back to Seoul.

"Go on." Kris' voice cuts the chatter and teasings, Joonmyun wonders if he can ever have that kind of authority then continues, "So, obviously, there will be 2 persons on each room and there are 3 couples here so it's a given that they're rooming together. For the 3 other pairs though..."

"Let's room together." Luhan whispers, Sehun's brows knit and whispers back, "I don't think it's a good idea, hyung."

"Why not?"

"Because... Come on."

"It's decided then!" Joonmyun claps his hands again, Sehun and Luhan turns to his direction, "Chen and Me, Minseok and Luhan, Sehun and Lay. Everyone in favor?"

"Wait." Luhan screeches, Sehun cuts him off immediately, "Yes. In favor!"

Luhan kind of wishes he can steal one of the cars and just head back to Seoul.

"I kind of... Okay." Luhan feels like shrinking in his chair when a hand across him gives his a squeeze. He looks up to see Tao smiling at him, "Hyung, you okay?"

"I'm fine." Luhan smiles and Tao retracts his hand. Their food arrive moments later and world war 3 begins. Jongdae and Kai are even circling around the table stealing pieces of whatever on everyone's plate. Everyone's offering everyone their food, except for Luhan in the corner who's quietly eating on his plate.

Tao, on the other hand, just observes the bestfriends across him. He notices Luhan's silence and Sehun's cold shoulder. He knits his brows, he's known these two pre-Kris and no, this isn't normal. Something's wrong between them.

"Babe, you okay?" Kris asks, Tao turns to him with a smile, "Yeah. Why?"

"You're boring holes on their heads." Kris whispers then nods his head to the direction of Luhan and Sehun.

"Oh. Sorry." Tao caresses Kris' cheek - a habit he has developed ever since becoming his boyfriend. "But, Kris...?" He whispers, "Yeah?" Kris nuzzles his nose on Tao's shoulder - a habit he has developed as well. "Look at them... Something's wrong." The younger whispers, Kris looks at Luhan and Sehun, "Hmn, you're right. Yo, Se-"

"Don't!" Tao covers Kris' mouth, "Sh! Not here!"

"Hyung!" Sehun calls out, Luhan looks at his bestfriend but the younger is looking at someone on his left, "Are you eating that?"

"No, wanna have it?" Luhan leans forward to see Lay 2 seats away from his bestfriend, "Give me your plate." Sehun obliges happily and when his plate is returned, 2 additional dumpling are in it, the same dumplings Luhan has some extra of. Luhan completely loses his appetite and excuses himself.

"Excuse me." Tao stands and subtly follow Luhan out in the parking lot. He watches as the older boy slumps on the ground next to Joonmyun's car. Tao walks quietly then sits next to him. "Hyung?"

"Huh? Oh. Didn't see you there."

"You're not okay." Tao pats Luhan's back and he can hear the older sigh heavily beside him. "Tao, you don't have to be nice to me. I've been really mean to you and we just kind of... Became friends again just today."

"Hyung, it's not like I am imposing but if we don't start rekindling our friendship now, when will we? Hyung... Even before Kris, it was the three of us often together. And I've observed the both of you, something is off."

Luhan looks at Tao, "Kris is so lucky to have you. I swear if he ever breaks your heart, I will pound his ."

"Oh, hyung." Tao pulls Luhan to a hug then pushes him so he can look at him, "But this is about you, okay?"

"Well, it's a little complicated..."

Tao smiles, "I'm sure it's nothing I won't understand."

Luhan is about to say more when they hear chattering getting louder, Tao pulls the older up, "We'll talk more but for now, whatever is bothering you, ignore it. If they notice, they'll nag you about this. Smile and perk up."

"There you two are!" Kyungsoo runs to them, "What happened?"

"Bad dumpling." Luhan lies, the wide-eyed boy just smiles, "Well, as long as you're okay."

"Oh! Who paid for my share?" Luhan asks, "It's taken care of." Sehun pats his shoulder before going inside Kai's car parked next to Joonmyun's.

"Switch!" Kris throws his car keys to Chanyeol and goes to the backseat, Tao sits next to him. Baekhyun is grinning wide when he sits in front.

"Do you drive?" Kai whines at Lay, "Please, anyone, switch with me!" The dimpled Chinese laughs, "Fine, fine. Give me the keys."

Lay steps out of the backseat and switches with Kai, Sehun and Kyungsoo stays on their seats. Luhan is kind of relieved for that. That is until Sehun screams in frustration, "I AM NOT KYUNGSOO-HYUNG!!! Let go of meeeee!!!" The maknae struggles to get out of the car with Kai clinging on to him for dear life. Everyone finds it funny except for Luhan. "I just want a cuddlebear!" Kai pouts while grabbing on Sehun's sleeve.

"Kai, do I look like one?!" Sehun finally manages to release himself from Kai, Kyungsoo pats Sehun's back, There, there. I'll take it from here."

"You better." Sehun grunts then takes the passenger's seat. Luhan sighs then gets inside Joonmyun's car who unluckily has no one to switch with since Luhan is in no mood to drive at all.

-----

It's 10 in the evening and they're in the middle of nowhere. They are driving thru a wide deserted road and they all decided to roll down their windows, as they travel to the beach house. Most are already asleep save for the drivers, Jongdae and Baekhyun.

"YO, TAO!" Jongdae calls out, said boy looks up from Kris' shoulder where he's been sleeping. "What is it, hyung?"

"Do you know the legend of this area?" Jongdae asks, said naïve boy raises an eyebrow. Baekhyun is already silently snickering in front. "Do you?"

"I don't."

"Hyung, slow down. I have to tell Tao this. You too, Chanyeol-hyung."

Both cars slow down, Lay does too as he trails behind them.

"You see, legends say that there's a house in the middle of the woods here before..."

"I don't like where this is going. Please stop."

"No! Go on, go on. I wanna hear this." Baekhyun prods on, Tao clings to Kris' sleeping form.

"You see, look to your left. Look how abundant the trees still are." Jongdae points his nose to the woods behind Tao but the young Chinese declines. "Well, anyway, in that house, there's a family. The husband is known for his temper and he never lets his family out of the house and the forest. One day, the wife followed him in town and she found out that he has another family there and you know what she did?"

Tao shakes his head, his bottom lip is already shaking. Chen smirks and continues, "She drowned her children in the bath but after realizing what she did, she threw herself to the cliff!"

Tao jolts, Kris finally wakes up next to him. He's still a bit sleepy so he tries to go back to sleep but Chen's voice perks up his interest, "The wife is said to haunt cars passing by here, and lure it off the cliff after she asks drivers to take her home. But she can never go home because of her guilt. She continues to haunt this very road!"

Tao cries and Kris snaps, " you, Jongdae!" The blond hates being woken up (except to Tao's kisses) and finding out that Tao's been teased like this just pisses him off. "Stop the car, Chanyeol. I will break his neck."

Jongdae blows raspberry, "Catch me if you can. Step on it, hyung!"

Joonmyun smirks, "How about, no? I think I'd rather have you killed here than in our beach house." The redhead stops the car, Chanyeol and Lay does the same. Kris is about to get out but Chanyeol keeps the doors locked.

"Calm down, Kris!" Baekhyun finally speaks after fits of giggles. "It's just a spinoff of a Supernatural episode!"

Jongdae guffaws, "You should have seen the look on your boyfriend's face Kris! He looks so adorable!"

"You're an , Jongdae." Luhan who has only witnessed the latter part of the story-telling comments and hits the back of Jongdae's head.

"What's going on in there?" Sehun asks as he wakes up after realizing they have stopped for a bit. Lay shrugs, I don't know but looks to me earlier that Jongdae is talking to Tao about something. And suddenly this - they stopped."

'I swear to god Jongdae! Don't let me catch you!'

"That's Kris."

'MERCY!'

"Jongdae."

"Drive closer, hyung." Sehun grins, Lay does and they can hear the commotion and the laughter of all the passengers of the two cars. Even Tao has started to feel better.

"LOOK!!!! He's laughing now! We're cool, man. We're cool!" Jongdae flails his arm just in case Kris escapes his car and attacks him.

"Did we miss anything?" Kai grunts after hearing the commotion, Kyungsoo knits his brows. He checks his watch, it's 10:30 - way, way, waaaay past his bedtime and he's grumpy. He steps out of the car without saying anything, "CAN WE NOT DO THIS HERE?! YOU CAN KILL EACH OTHER OFF LATER! If you haven't noticed it's late and we're in the middle of nowhere!"

Everyone involved nods, Kai pulls his boyfriend back, "That's enough, love." Once the couple is back in the car, they drive to the beach house in silence.

-----

"Wow..." Everyone has their mouths open when they pull up to park to a beach house situated approximately 100 meters from the shore. It's two-storey high, 2 rooms upstairs over look the beachfront with a balcony, downstairs one room has a patio.

"Dibs on the 2nd floor room on the left." Kris speaks. Nobody argues.

"Mr. Kim, sir!" A middle-aged man in a suit with tail coat steps out of the house, followed by two women that appears to be younger in French maid costumes. "Oh, Mr. Kim! It's been a long time."

"Yeah. Thank you Mrs. Jimin, Mr. Seo. Ms. Kyunghwa. Are the guest rooms ready?"

"Of course sir. This way please." The three elders return inside.

"Let's go guys." Joonmyun faces his friends who are still staring at him, "What?"

"YOU HAVE A FRIGGIN' BUTLER!" Minseok screams, "AND MAIDS!!!" Jongdae adds.

Joonmyun scratches the back of his neck, "My parents usually bring their constituents here..."

"Marry me, Joonmyun! Let me live here!!!!" Lay exclaims then tackles Joonmyun. Sehun, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo even Tao joins in on them.

"YAH!" Chanyeol, Kris and Kai screams. Even Luhan wanted to react the same way. "Kyungsoo, whyyy?" Kai whines, his boyfriend looks up to him, "You have no butler, Jongin!"

"Tao, I am willing to kill Jongdae for you!" Kris comments, his boyfriend sticks out his tongue, "You have no butler AND a beach house, Kris!"

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol calls out, Baekhyun pouts then faces his tall boyfriend with a hand on his hips, "I want those French maid costumes, Channie."

"Oh god." Everyone clinging on to Joonmyun fakes vomit and one by one releases themselves from the tangle of limbs.

"Kyungsoo?" Kai pouts, his lover skips and then hops on the younger's back, "Be my butler?" Kai just laughs and gives Kyungsoo a peck on the cheek then walks inside carrying his boyfriend.

"You'll really trade me for a butler and beach house?" Kris asks - arms crossed over his chest. Tao smiles playfully, "Yes." The blond raises an eyebrow, Tao giggles then kisses his boyfriend's nose, "Of course not. I love your face. But..." The younger is playing with the silver band on his ring finger, "We should have one in the future, okay?" Kris takes Tao's hand and walks inside, "Okay."

"I'd love to see you in that costume." Chanyeol has his arms wide open and Baekhyun jumps on him. He carries his boyfriend bridal style, "Hey, you think I can steal one?" Chanyeol gives him a kiss, "Why steal one? When we go back in Seoul, we'll have yours made in 7 different styles for every day of the week." Baekhyun laughs, "I love that." Chanyeol adjusts his arms and follows their other friends inside the house.

Sehun and Luhan are standing side by side watching the events unfold, "Are you gonna trade me in for a butler too?" Luhan asks awkwardly next to Sehun. The younger laughs, "Not for a butler, no." Luhan sighs, "For Lay, then?" Sehun raises an eyebrow, "For Lay? What are you talking about?" Luhan hits Sehun's chest hard, "Stop acting so naïve! You liar!"

"You're crazy." Sehun shakes his head all the while trying to lessen the pain on his chest then walks away from Luhan. The doe-eyed boy is envious with the 3 couples. Deep inside him, he kind of wishes he has that someone to tease with, to play with. He looks at Sehun's retreating figure - he kind of misses hugging him.

"Yo, Luhan! Come on! You gotta see our room!" Minseok calls out, Luhan nods and walks inside.

 

----------------------

 

Author's Notes: Just a little roadtrip because I love roadtrips. <3 And... I'm a huge SUPERNATURAL and Neon Genesis Evangelion fan as well.