What would I ever do without you?

Of Movie Clichés

"Tao?" Sehun calls out to the balled-up boy on the bench, "Tao, what happened?"

The said raven-haired boy looks up, eyes puffy and red, "We're over. It's over."

Sehun knits his eyebrows as he looks at his friend who starts crying again, "That can't be right. Kris is hopelessly in love with you. What happened?"

Tao mumbles something, Sehun has to ask him to repeat what he just said. The other boy refuses to speak again and continues to cry, and the younger sighs. He has dealt with a crying Luhan a thousand times, Tao might be just a piece of cake.

"Okay, we'll talk when we're no longer in campus. Can you stand?"

"My feet are dead at the moment..." Tao answers between sniffles, Sehun laughs and the other smiles a bit. The younger of the two sits next to him on bench, ruffling Tao's hair as he does. "I'm sure you two will be okay."

Tao pouts as he tries to stretch his legs, only to wince in pain, "Maybe." He whispers as a reply.

Sehun ponders on if he should still say something, he's still not sure what caused the sudden break up and if he's the only one Tao has called so far, the Chinese boy must still be keeping the incident under wraps.

"Uh, Sehunah... My legs are okay now."

"Let's go?"

Tao nods, and he takes the hand Sehun offers him. They walk hand in hand for a bit when the Chinese boy releases himself from the hold, "Sorry, I feel like I'm cheating on Kris when I'm holding someone else..."

Sehun smiles and pats him on the shoulder, "See? You're still concerned about him. You'll both be okay."

Tao shrugs, "I don't know. Not for today at least."

-----

They make it back to Kai's apartment in silence, Sehun tells Tao he can rest on the couch. Sehun is preparing them coffee when Tao suddenly speaks.

"I saw Kris and Luhan kissing."

Sehun stops what he's doing and faces away from the counter and looks at Tao's back. He can see the other's shoulders shaking and he can hear him crying again.

"They were kissing. In our apartment. In our bedroom and on our own bed."

"How did Luhan-hyung even ended up in your place?!"

"Because Kris is cheating on me with him!" Tao breaks down, Sehun runs to him and pats his back. "No, Tao. There must be something wrong. Kris won't do that."

"They were there! I saw them with my own two eyes!"

Tao lies down and buries his face on the armrest. He keeps crying and Sehun decides to leave him alone for now.

The younger heads back to the kitchen and pours the contents of the cups down the sink. He believes that Kris won't cheat on Tao with Luhan but the fact that his bestfriend has gotten to that point hurts him in different ways. One, he has no idea how Luhan even got into the couple's apartment. Secondly, it hurts that he's been lying to Sehun to what he's been up to and lastly it hurts because this time he's really jealous. Really, idiotically jealous because why can't Luhan just see him and not anybody else then nobody gets hurt.

His own wallowing is cut off when he hears Tao whisper - the other tries to be subtle, but it's quiet in the apartment and he's crying, Sehun can't help but overhear.

'Please... Give me time to think.'

'I trusted you.'

'I don't know what to believe in.' 


Then silent sobbing. Sehun takes notice on how different his bestfriend and Tao are in dealing with heartbreak. While Luhan tries to be overly dramatic about it, Tao tries not to bother people with his pain (aside from earlier when he called, must be the initial shock and reaction from the incident).

Suddenly a familiar ringtone echoes in the apartment and that's when it sinks in to Sehun that he doesn't have his cellphone with him all this time. He finds the device on the counter and sees he has more than a dozen missed calls from Luhan - he just missed the last one.

He doesn't call back.

Sehun decides to completely leave Tao alone but calls his workplace that he won't be coming back to work anymore due to personal reasons.

A few minutes later, Sehun goes back to the living room and finds Tao asleep, relief washes over him because honestly, he doesn't know how to deal with this. He's been through Luhan's heartbreaks before but this time he's torn between his friend and his bestfriend (and love of his life). He decides to return to his room to rest when someone knocks on the door.

Sehun opens the door and finds Luhan there, "Why aren't you answering your phone?!" The older screams and tries to enter the place, Sehun pushes him out and closes the door behind him, "You aren't letting me in?!"

"Tao's inside."

"WHAT?!"

Sehun crosses his arms and looks at Luhan judgingly, "I told you not to screw up while I'm gone! Is there something you MUST tell me?! What did you do!?" The younger tries not to yell because they're in the hallways and he doesn't want the neighbors to call security.

"How do I even start? Sehun, I messed up. I feel bad already, the least you could do is be here for me!"

Sehun pinches the bridge of his nose as he tries to calm himself, "You broke them up!"

"Hear me out, Sehun!"

"I will. But not here, I'm gonna get my things and we're gonna return to our apartment. Just wait at Starbucks, I'll just take care of things here."

Luhan nods then leaves, Sehun opens the door and sees Tao awake and looking at him. "Hyung's outside?"

"Yes..."

"Can I still stay here? I don't want to go back to our apartment."

"I'm gonna call Kai, and I'm pretty sure he will let you stay."

"Thank you."

Sehun dials Kai's number, Kyungsoo picks up the phone saying his boyfriend is still asleep. Their group's mother panics when Sehun tells him the situation, he says Tao can stay. Kai and him will be in Seoul later instead of tomorrow.

"Will you be okay here? And sorry that I had to tell them about the situation."

Tao smiles weakly, "They're bound to know eventually. I'm gonna sleep and wait for them. I'll be okay."

Sehun flings his backpack (he doesn't have a lot of clothes anyway, most of what he uses are from Kai's closet - except underwear, that's gross), "I'm gonna go now. I'll talk to Luhan, we'll all fix this, alright?"

Tao nods, "Just confess to him already, he just doesn't know that the person who loves him the most is right next to him."

Sehun stares at Tao for a moment before asking, "Aren't you angry at him?"

"I am, but it's not entirely his fault. I always knew that hyung won't give up on Kris, so I guess I'm not surprised that this happened but Kris is at fault too. Things aren't as clear as it should be yet."

"You're an awesome person, Tao. How can you keep calm about everything?"

"Wushu training."

Both of them laugh, then Tao tells him to leave because Luhan is waiting for him.

"Tao?"

"Hmn?"

"... You should go and talk to Kris, too. I don't think a situation like this should linger."

"You're one to talk."

"I know. If I had told him sooner, things would be different."

"Just go, Sehun. I'll be okay. If Kris and I are meant to be, we will be."

Sehun nods and waves goodbye. He rushes to the coffeeshop where he finds his bestfriend slumped on one table in a corner booth.

"Hey."

Luhan looks up, "What did Tao tell you?"

"Let's not talk here." Sehun offers his hand and Luhan takes it. The younger can feel Luhan's grip tighten around his hand.

"Sehunah..." Luhan whispers as they're walking along the busy streets of Seoul as they make their way to their own apartment (they actually all live just around the campus, 2-3 blocks apart). The younger mutters a soft 'hmn?' as a response.

"Sehunah, I'm so messed up." Luhan starts sobbing, Sehun holds him tighter. He doesn't respond but they just keep walking until they reach their place. And for now, Sehun doesn't mind all the passersby whispering and staring. He doesn't even care about how angry he's supposed to be, not when Luhan's already broken like this.

They reach their apartment 20 minutes later, Sehun rushes to the kitchen to get Luhan something to drink while the older cries (no holds barred crying) in the living room.

"I didn't mean it, Sehunah..." Luhan tells him after Sehun gives him his glass of water. "I swear, I didn't mean to break them apart."

Sehun wipes away Luhan's tears, "Tao didn't tell me anything, aside that he thinks you and Kris are cheating on him. Are you?" Luhan shakes his head 'no', "I can't even get him to talk to me for more than 15 minutes, how can we even do that?"

"Can you start? Like, how did you even end up in their apartment?"

"You're gonna get angry..." Luhan whimpers, and tears start falling again.

Sehun sighs, how can he be a 22-year old man? The younger swears there's a 7-year old boy trapped inside Luhan's body. "Look, I'll try not to be really angry, but you have to explain well, okay?"

Luhan starts explaining from the beginning. Sehun almost wants to scream at his bestfriend but he control himself since he doesn't want to upset Luhan further. And then they get to the part where Luhan woke up in Kris' bedroom that morning.

"Tao said you were kissing."

Luhan shakes his head, "No. I leaned over and yes, I wanted to kiss him but he woke up before our lips touch and then the next thing I knew I was pushed off and Kris was running after Tao."

"So you weren't kissing?"

"No..."

"Tao doesn't think so."

"I want to talk to the both of them! I need to fix this."

Sehun shakes his head, "No. Don't talk to them first, okay? I'll ask Chanyeol's help. He can help explain things to Tao with Kris' presence. You, on the other hand, will talk to them when they're ready to hear your explanation. For now, rest, okay?"

Luhan nods, "Sehunah?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you going back to Kai's? Are you leaving me again?"

"I'm staying. You get crazy when I'm gone."

Luhan hugs Sehun tight and it makes the younger's heart beat faster - it's been a long time since they've made physical contact like this, with Sehun openly acknowledging to himself that he is indeed in love with Luhan.

"Sehunah..."

"Hmn?"

"Thank you for not being really angry at me."

Sehun pushes Luhan off him a little so he can look at the older, "I'm disappointed, but I don't want to hurt you more or cause you more pain." The younger wipes away the dried up tears on Luhan's cheeks, "Go and rest."

"What would I ever do without you?"

Sehun smiles, "I'll always be here to pick up your broken pieces and I will fix you up."

"Promise?"

"Yes, I promise."

-----

Chanyeol picks up the phone much to Baekhyun's dismay, "That better be important, Chanyeol."

Chanyeol just smiles awkwardly at his boyfriend, "Sehun, this better be important. Baekhyunnie's in the middle of his story about his trip."

Baekhyun taps his fingers on the table as he sips on his frappe, waiting for the conversation to finish.

"They broke up!?" Chanyeol's voice booms inside the coffeeshop they're in, "Tao and Kris?! What?! How!?"

Baekhyun's eyes widen, his trip stories can wait.

"Yes. I'll go talk to Tao. You go take care of hyung and I'll go to Kai's apartment." Chanyeol ends the conversation then looks at Baekhyun, "We have to go to Kai's."

"Details first!"

Chanyeol tells him the story, about how Luhan started coming to training everyday until today. Chanyeol didn't ask any questions when Kris cancelled training today since the captain just said he's gotten worse, Chanyeol didn't know that it's because of the breakup. Baekhyun hits his boyfriend's arm multiple times after knowing that he let Luhan alone with Kris.

"Why?! You know we can't leave Luhan-hyung alone with him!"

"I know! But you wanted me to pick you up!"

"You could have told me about the situation," Baekhyun hits him again, "OR told me immediately the moment hyung showed up the very first time!"

"You were in Thailand!"

Baekhyun hits Chanyeol's arm again, "Why do you keep blaming me?!"

"Because..."

"Because what?"

"Nothing... Can we just go to Kai's? I need to talk to Tao."

"Wait, Chanyeol."

"What?"

"Can we go over Kris' apartment, first? Tao isn't the only one who's' feeling bad at the moment."

"Okay. Let's go."

-----

"He must be out." Chanyeol tells his boyfriend after 15 minutes of knocking on Kris' front door to no avail. "He can't be out. Broken hearted people tend to wallow in self pity and bask themselves in the dark. Try again!" Baekhyun responds, Chanyeol sighs and knocks once more.

5 minutes later and the door opens to a disgruntled Kris, bedhead, red puffy eyes and all. "This better be important."

"Take a shower, hyung. We're gonna get you and Tao back together today." Baekhyun lets himself in as he pushes Kris back inside with him, Chanyeol just hangs his head low and enters the place as well.

"I tried, guys. It's not gonna happen today."

"You aren't trying hard enough. If you are, you're not gonna be sleeping it off and you'd be chasing after him already." Baekhyun reprimands Kris, the older just rolls his eyes, "He won't even tell me where he is. I'm thankful enough already that he answered my call earlier but now I'm just directed to voice mail."

"He was with Sehun." Chanyeol tells Kris only to be glared at, "With Sehun? So he's trying to get back at me with Sehun?!"

"Are you stupid? Why would Tao do that to you?" Baekhyun crosses his arms, Kris slumps on the sofa and buries his face in his hands. "I just don't know what to think anymore. He wouldn't believe me, and he wouldn't talk to me. I want to find him already, because really, I don't know how I can go through the rest of today without him with me."

"Hyung, what happened? You were just supposed to be taken here by Luhan-hyung..." Chanyeol asks, Kris shrugs. "I barely remember a thing, Chanyeol. I swear, it's all blurry and the next thing I felt was hot breath on my face and when I woke ip, Luhan's face is inches from mine and Tao's by the door."

"Then take a ing shower and we'll take you with us to where your ex-"

"He's not my ex, Baekhyun!"

"Fine. Your boyfriend. Shower. Now. Go."

"How come you know where he is and I don't!?"

"Does it even matter, hyung? As long as we'll take you with us already." Baekhyun taps his foot as if to prove his point that time's being wasted waiting for Kris to move.

"What if he doesn't want to see me?"

"Of course he doesn't, hyung. But, you are gonna fight for this, right?"

"Over and over, yes."

"Then shower. You stink."

-----

Sehun watches as Luhan sleeps next to him, he wonders when he can confess and if it's worth the risk of losing their friendship.

He brushes his hand against the older's hair, Luhan stirs a little but doesn't open his eyes. Sehun scoots closer and pulls the older to his chest, Luhan buries himself to the warmth and wraps his arm on Sehun's waist.

"Sehunah..."

"Hmn...?"

"You promised me, right? You won't leave me. I really am a mess without you. I broke my friends' hearts because I'm stupid and now I'm sure everybody hates me..." Luhan cries, Sehun soothes him by running his hand on the other's back, "I feel so pathetic. Kris definitely hates me so much, I deserve to be hit."

"Nobody deserves to be hit, no matter how wrong and stupid they are."

Luhan hugs Sehun tighter, "Thank you..."

"Go back to sleep. Everything will be okay."

--------------------------

Author's Notes: Let me just fix Tao and Kris and i shall give you more HunHan very very soon. <3