|| Six ||

When Night And Day Become One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As unbelievable as it was, Lu Han took care of me, cooking me food and helping me pass the time by making jokes. Remember when I was wondering what would happen if Lu Han used his brilliant mind for good things? It turned out that results were, well, brilliant.

And whenever I asked him why he was here when his parents were obviously somewhere else like mine, he would dodge the question and nag at me or force me to get some more sleep.

The whole day quickly passed, with Lu Han fussing over me. So I followed his orders, all the while pondering on what to make of his new behavior. Lu Han was seriously not acting like the usual Lu Han and I wasn't quite sure how to act around him.

Does this erase all the pranks he did to me on the past, considering how he had done a good job of restoring me back to life? I thought. Does this mean we're friends now? One thing was for sure though, I didn't feel lonely anymore thanks to him. And for that alone, I would forever be grateful to him. Not that I would ever admit that to his face though.

My thoughts were interrupted when Lu Han entered the room, sporting an excited glint in his eyes.

"You're not making me eat another bowl of soup, are you?"

Lu Han chuckled, shaking his head at me. "Tell you what," he said, taking a seat on the side of the bed. "Finish this last bowl and I'll show you something."

"Why would I want to see it? Knowing you, it could be another prank," I responded, giving him a raised eyebrow.

He pondered on that for a moment. "That's the thing, I'm sure you don't know me that well," he said, "at least not yet." He grinned.

"How could I not when you've been in my orbit for as long as I've lived in this town? I'm pretty sure I know you pretty well, the guy who has not failed to annoy me in one way or another. Every. Single. Day."

At that, Lu Han chuckled though there's this wistful yet resolved look in his eyes, or I was imagining things.

"Until yesterday though," I added, my voice low because I didn't really want to admit it, but knowing that Lu Han deserved the credit.

He shrugged nonchalantly. "Alright, I'm not forcing you."

I knew I shouldn't, but the way he dismissed it so casually made me curious. It could be a trap, but whatever. "I'm so going to regret this," I said grudgingly, flinging the blanket aside and getting out of bed.

He smiled victoriously and gestured towards the door as if saying 'ladies first'.

Despite my reluctance earlier, I devoured his porridge in less than ten minutes.

"Good girl."

He took the empty bowl from my hands, but then all of a sudden, he stopped and the corner of his mouth lifted into an amused smile.

I blinked. "What?"

"Though next time," he said, reaching up a hand, a smirk on his face, "try eating a little more femininely, Yeon." Then I felt his thumb wiping the side of my lips.

My face instantly heated, though Lu Han already had his back to me as he set the bowl on the sink.

"Are you sure you want to see it?" he asked, looking at me then for an answer. I realized he was now talking about the thing he wanted to show me. "If you're feeling unwell, I could show it to you another time." Then he glanced outside the kitchen window. It was already showing signs of turning to orange. "And it's getting late. I don't think it's such a good idea, after all."

"No, I want to see it, whatever it is," I insisted.

He took one look at me again and nodded. He handed me a glass of water and said, "Wait outside." Then he headed towards my room and I could only assume he was going back to his.

Five minutes later, Lu Han climbed the fence separating our house. On his hand was a camera.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter