|| Nineteen ||

When Night And Day Become One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The simple realization about my feelings for Lu Han made me euphoric. We had been dancing all night and I couldn't stop myself from smiling at the fact that instead of all the girls out there, it was I who was dancing with him.

I still couldn't believe the direction of my thoughts. It had only been a matter of hours and yet, it was as if I wanted to claim him already. Feeling my heart raced, I shook off all the distracting thoughts and decided to focus on Lu Han's face.

"Just what have you been smiling about, Yeonie?" He had been watching me with a very amused expression on his face.

My heart skipped at the mention of the stupid nickname but I did my best to act like nothing happened.

"Smiling? Who's smiling?" I asked, looking at him innocently.

My words immediately made him smile as well. "Would you like to see a mirror? You've had that smile since I don't know, perhaps the first dance?" he reminded me, his eyebrow raised in genuine curiosity.

But I couldn't tell him. There was no way I would ever tell him. There was that girl in his life, after all. And saying that she was beautiful than all the girls here combined, I didn't think I could actually compete with such beauty.

For a second, I was disheartened at the thought, but I forced myself to be contented with the way things were going. Lu Han and I were bonded in a way that no girl could ever surpass. I already had a special place in Lu Han's heart, and that should be enough.

"Let's just say that I'm really happy, Lu Han," I answered him as I spun around his arms. "I'm just really happy."

He grinned. "Does it have to do at the fact that I am your date for this evening?"

I blushed, but I quickly recovered. Must act normal. "You wish, Lulu."

"Lulu?" he echoed, pretending to scrunch his nose in disgust. "But that name sounds so childish," he whined, mimicking my voice from before.

I laughed out loud. "I do not sound like that!"

"Do too."

"Do not."

"Do too!"

I just stuck my tongue out at him, figuring our nonsense bickering would lead to nowhere if none of us stopped.

At the same time, one of the students dancing from behind us tripped or something, falling on the person dancing next to him, and that person falling on another person like a domino effect.

The good thing was Lu Han had seen it before it came, therefore successfully getting me out of the toppling students. The bad thing, or rather the awkward thing, was that he had abruptly pulled me to himself, drawing our faces close.

I retracted my tongue at once and in unison, we turned our back on each other.

I didn't know what he was thinking. But I suddenly remembered the accidental kiss from two years ago. I chided myself for not realizing my feelings then. Maybe I could have taken advantage of that accidental kiss. Ugh. Such shameless thought but there was no stopping the frantic rhythm of my heart now.

I put a palm over my heart, somehow hoping Lu Han wouldn't hear it. But it turned out that there was no need for me to fret. Lu Han took one step away and said, "I'll go get us a drink, Yeon."

I breathed a sigh of relief and nodded. "I'll be outside then. For some fresh air."

At first, I tried to look for Hannah, but when I saw her happily talking to her dance partner, I let her be and went out just like I said to Lu Han.

The Dance was held at our school gym so the surrounding area was very familiar to navigate. It helped calm my heart down and I walked over to the unlit garden of the Green Thumbs Club. It was only a couple of paces away, and the light from the gym cast a dim light over it, the music loud enough to accompany me.

I was pacing around when an awfully familiar voice suddenly called my name. I slowly spun around, my eyes rounding in the process, believing and unbelieving at what greeted my sight.

Kai, the ghost from my past, was standing right before me.

"I didn't know I'm worth a jaw drop," he mused, slowly walking over to me.

"Kai!" I couldn't help exclaiming. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you, of course," he responded in that casual manner of his. "Would you like to dance with me?" he asked and gestured towards the gym. "Or we could dance here."

"Uh. I'm here with Lu Han," I blurted out without thinking. Why did I feel the need to say that?

"I know. I saw you two danced," he admitted, giving me a wistful smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter