|| Three ||

When Night And Day Become One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So sixth grade could be pretty difficult if you were a transfer student like me. Everyone had bonded with everyone else, and you were left on your own. Oh wait, not entirely on your own.

Every day, I would find trash in my locker, doodles on my desk and scribbling at the edge of my notebooks. I would find my gym shoes soaked in water, my lunch box half empty and my textbooks scattered outside the room every after class. I would find gum on my chair, random banana peelings on the floor and my canned drink spewing on my face, only to find out later Lu Han had shaken it furiously.

Lu Han was set to make my life a living hell, and I have absolutely no idea why. Or maybe I do. It was probably because I pushed him into the lake, or because I kicked him on the first of school, or because I did everything I could to get back at him. Lu Han started it though with the moment when he stole my sandwich, and there was no way in heaven or hell that I was backing down. 

"You going on a battle or what?" Chris remarked beside me when we were walking to school one day. "Your brows are so pinched together I wouldn't be surprised if they'd up forming one line."

"You're not going to help me anyway, so leave me alone," I said as I clutched the straps of my backpack tighter. Who knew what Lu Han had in store for me today. Of course, I had to be ready.

Chris chuckled, patting my head as he headed to his class. "Whatever that is, stop being so uptight about it, little sister."

I just scrunched my nose at him and headed to my class. All my defense mechanisms were alert when I entered our room, but when I got to my seat, my desk was clean, my chair was intact and the annoying person that should have been sitting beside it, smirking at me all the while, was missing. Hmmm. Suspicious. I thought as I finally settled on my seat.

Throughout the day, I kept my eyes alert, looking out for that one person who never failed to ruin my day. This could be a trick for all I knew. Better safe than sorry. But for once, my day ended peacefully. There was no Lu Han in sight!

"You seemed to be looking for him a lot," Hannah, a classmate who had caught me sweeping the crowd with my eyes, teased, and poked me on the side.

"I am most definitely not," I denied immediately.

She just snickered, and then walked off.

I couldn't stop the nagging feeling inside of me as I slowly walked towards home. The sun was slowly setting and I still hadn't seen him. I should have been relieved. This was the first time that I had finally experienced a normal school day. And yet, I was worried that this relief would later be overturned by something disastrous.

Realizing I was being paranoid, I slapped myself on both cheeks. "Geez. What is wrong with me?" I shook my head and walked faster.

A moving van passed me when I was on our street. "Oh? Guess we finally have a new neighbor," I muttered, suddenly remembering the always-empty room across mine.

I got passed our gate and was treading along the narrow brick path to our house when I suddenly noticed a shadow of a person jumped up to the shadow of the fence and started following me.

I turned around and my eyes rounded in shock. "Lu Han?!"

A lazy smirk came almost immediately on his face. "Hi, did you miss me?" He jumped off the picket fence separating our house and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter