The Promise

Believe me, I REALLY LOVE YOU.....

On the way home, Sohyun kept ignoring L.joe and just stare outside the window. L.joe took a glance at her and ask while smirking " You're still mad? ". Instead of answering, Sohyun just pouted her lips and continue staring outside. L.joe continue " If you're still mad, you want me to let go of your hand? ". Sohyun immediately turn her head to L.joe. While bitting her lips, Sohyun thought to herself ' Aish... Why is he always teasing me? '. Sohyun hold L.joe's hand tightly and say " l'm not... that mad ". Because it's embarassing, she definitely can't look at L.joe while saying that. L.joe hold her hands tightly and reply with a smirk " l thought so "

Meanwhile, Do hyun at the back thought to himself while staring intensely ' Are they in some kind of relationship? Since it's L.joe hyung, l guess it's fine ' , and he ended it with a big smile on his face

As soon as they reached the house, they saw another luxurious car. They also saw a beautiful girl in front of door. Sohyun ask " You have a guest? ". While unfasten his seat belt, L.joe told them " Stay in the car ". Usually, Sohyun just ignore his words, but when she saw L.joe's face, it looks... serious. So this time, she just obey his words

Slamming the car's door, L.joe shouted " Who are you? "

The girl turns her face towards L.joe's direction, and her beautiful face was revealed. " K-Krystal? " L.joe stuttered

" Long time no see, L.joe " she reply

A smile crept on L.joe's face as he saw her. " l could say the same thing. When did you get back? " asked L.joe

" Recently " reply Krystal

Sohyun saw their friendly conversation, and this make her pissed off. She mumbled to herself " Did he told us to stay in the car just to see THIS?? He can let us in first, then continue their chatting. Aish... why did l listen to him? "

Do hyun saw her sister behaviour and ask her " Noona, is there something wrong? "

But, Sohyun just reply " Ani "

Do hyun then continue " You're jealous? ". Hearing that make Sohyun stuttered " W-w-why would l be? "

Krystal saw Sohyun in the car and ask  L.joe " Your fan? ". L.joe turn towards Sohyun and reply while smirking " No. Absolutely not "

This make her expression change. " Y-your girlfriend? "

While ruffling his hair, L.joe reply " Well, she's not really- " but his words were interrupted. " If she's your girlfriend, break up with her "

This time, L.joe's facial expression is the one who change " ha? "

" This is supposed to be a secret until tomorrow night. But l guess the sooner the better " said Krystal

" What are you saying? " L.joe still doesn't understand. But her next words made L.joe open his eyes wide " We're engaged "

" Y-you're joking right? l know that we haven't seen each other for a long time, but to joke like this " L.joe refused to believe

" Well then, why don't you just ask you father. Your father and mine are the one who planned this "

" What did you just say? "

Sohyun look at those two weirdly. Just now they were smiling, and now they look like they have a fight. She thought to herself ' lf only l knew what they were talking '

" So you know why you have to break up with her right? " said Krystal. But before L.joe could reply, she said first " Well, our engagement will be announce tomorrow night at the party. So, see you later, honey ". She left with a smirk while L.joe just stand there, dumbfounded. As soon as she left, L.joe walk towards his car quickly with rage. He slammed the door, making Sohyun and Do hyun shocked

" l need to go somewhere, so please get out " said L.joe. He didn't even look at her face and just stare at the front while holding the steering wheel, tightly

" Do you have a fight? " asked Sohyun, concernly. lnstead of answering, L.joe screamed " I SAID GET OUT...!!! NOW...!!! "

Afraid, Sohyun just obey his words and got off from the car with her little brother. After that, she just look at L.joe dashed off from the house

 


L.joe slammed open the office door with rage. One of the secretary try to stop him " Young master, you can't do this ". " Let go of me or I'LL GET YOU OUT FROM THIS COMPANY " shouted L.joe. The secretary seem to have doubt for a second, but he continue chasing him

L.joe stepped into his father's office while shouting " WHAT'S THE MEANING OF THIS? "

" Byunghun... " his father stand up

" Wait, young master- " the secretary still try to stop him, but " That's okay Secretary Park. You may leave now ". Hearing that, he left the office as soon as possible

" What's the meaning of what? " his father ask

" DON'T PLAY DUMB. Engagement? Me? and Krystal? "

" How did you- " 

" IT'S NOT IMPORTANT HOW I KNOW. Why... why did you make the desicion on your own? "

" l did this for your own sake "

" HOW IS IT  FOR MY SAKE? "

" One day, you will take my position at this company. l'm doing this for your future. So that your future will- "

" So in other words, you're selling me. Because of the company "

" When did l- . huh... l'm just saying, this is for your happiness "

" WHO ARE YOU TO DETERMINE MY HAPPINESS?  "

" You dare ask that question. I'M YOUR FATHER "

" LAST TIME I CHECKED, YOU LEFT ME FOR YOUR WORK "

That make his father quiet. Really quiet " Byunghun, l- "

" Forget it " L.joe turn around to leave the room. Suddenly, his next words made his father shock " You know what, on second thought, just tell them "

" What? "

" Just tell all of them about the engagement " 

" Are you okay? l mean, are you sure? " his father is in confuse state right now

" Yeah. Just announce it to the world tomorrow " 

With that, L.joe left the room. Leaving his father with full of questions. He mumbled to himself " Lee Byunghun, even though you're my son, l can never read that mind of yours. What are you planning? "

 


Meanwhile, Sohyun can't sleep. She kept staring at the ceiling. Her thoughts right now is full of L.joe. She ask herself " Is he okay? ". While ruffling her hair in frustration, she said " l need to get some water ". She look at Do hyun beside her who is already in deep slumber and crept down from the bed slowly and quietly. Not wanting to make him awake

She went downstairs and headed off to the kitchen. When she finished drinking, she was about to headed upstairs. But something caught her attention. She look at the window and saw that night was raining heavily. She mumbled to herself " l hope tomorrow will be a clear day "

Suddenly, she heard the door being open. Right now, Sohyun is in state of panic. She thought to herself ' A burglar? Oh no. What am l going to do? '

She turn around, just to see L.joe drenched from the rain. She quickly ran towards him " Oh my god. Are you okay? ". But L.joe said nothing. She continue " Where have you been? lf you know that it's gonna raining, you should come back earlier ". But L.joe still kept quiet. " Hold on, l'm gonna get you a towel " said Sohyun. When she was about to leave, L.joe grabbed her wrist and say " l'm living a pitiful life "

She turn around and saw L.joe forcing a smile. He continue " Everyone... left me. What purpose am l living for? " L.joe let out a pitiful laugh. Sohyun was hurt, seeing L.joe like this. She saw something came down from his eyes. But she didn't know whether it is tears or from the rain. She hold his hands tightly and say " l understand the feeling. But you're not alone. You still have your friends. You still have halmeoni. You still have... me "

" They will leave me eventually. All of you " said L.joe. But, Sohyun said " They won't leave you. l won't leave you ". She brought his hand to her face, making him caressing her face. He brought his another hand to her face. He went near to her face, really near. While cupping her face, he ask in  whisper-like " You promise? "

Holding his hands, Sohyun answered " l promise "

That two words make L.joe claim her lips. At first Sohyun was shocked. But when she realised that L.joe doesn't intend to end the kiss for a while, she closed her eyes and gave in to him. They were kissing like there is no tomorrow. Feeling the need of air, they broke the kiss. But, L.joe quickly claim her lips once more. Right now is the moment of truth. No pretending, no arguing. Just, their honest feelings. What do you think L.joe's plan is? Wait for the next chapter to find out