09: New Feelings and Allies

And the Wheels Are Set in Motion

The people by and in the pool stared at the newcomer, shock-frozen, until Woohyun's head re-appeared above the water surface.

"Hey! What's the..." Woohyun caught on immediately on the tense atmosphere in the hall. And it was not hard to trace the source of it, given that everyone in his field of vision was staring at it.

Wanting to have his answer Woohyun turned around cautiously, only to sigh in relief when he realized who it was that he was looking at.

"Jang Dongwoo, you idiot, telephones were invented so people would use them. What brought this unannounced visit of yours on?" the head of The Namu called out as he half-swam, half-walked in the direction of the person standing in the doorframe, as frozen by the tense atmosphere as the rest of the strangers he saw around him. Seeing his friend's no-nonsense approach though, Dongwoo felt his own tension gave out a lot. 

Seeing the casual way Woohyun spoke to the man, the rest of the people in the room were broken from tightest of the hold of the petrifying feeling also. It however did not mean that they were not on alert. Especially the two escapees who had yet to know what sort of acquaintance this man was.

"I'll be back in a while." Woohyun called out before they could find that out, dragging the source of their uneasiness through the door.

Once he did that the three people, who remained in the vicinity of the pool, only looked at each other with worry.

Just what would this unannounced visit turn out to be for them?

- - - - -

"Dongwoo, you dino in human's clothing, you really do know how to choose time, don't you?" Woohyun muttered to his long-time friend as he still dragged the man, whom he still blamed for having his car stolen, from the close proximity of the pool.

"What's the matter? You never seemed to mind much if I came by..." Dongwoo sulked, not understanding his friend's behaviour. He then broke out of his hold, folding his arms over his chest, the bottle he held sticking out weirdly. "And who were those people?"

"Some people who just about had a heart-attack thanks to your visit." Woohyun sighed, dragging his hand through his hair. He then turned to his friend, assessing him, and made his decision.

"Dongwoo, just how much do you know about what happened at the Uilyo* hospital?"

- - - - -

"He seemed kinda friendly..." Hoya pointed out when Sunggyu exited the pool to sit with him and Sungjong by the table filled with food.

"Yeah." Sunggyu agreed, sighing as he dragged a bottle of Soju closer to him to drink from. "There probably won't be much problems with him." 'Except there always are problems' he added to himself.

It did not ease Sungjong's mind to see his older friend with a bottle of alcohol. Sunggyu always drank Soju when stressed. He however did not want Hoya, who did not know of that particular habit of Sunggyu's, to be troubled also. And so he only sighed.

"Yea, probably."

- - - - -

"Well wow." was the only words Dongwoo said when he heard a short and to-point version of what happened in the last month or so.

"It can be quite overwhelming, believe me, I lived through that." Woohyun laughed at his friend's befuddlement.

"Yeah, ha-bloody-ha, but really, it's just... That wasn't what I imagined to get to know when I came here. Nor when I met you at work." Dongwoo shared his thoughts.

"And you better not spread it further, because it really is about lives here, you know?"

"I understood that part pretty quickly, no need to worry about it." Dongwoo waved his hand in front of his face in dismissal.

"Now how about you meet them now? They'll be happy for a new ally. I can imagine they must be quite worried about how this will turn out..." Woohyun mused, thinking about the three men who stayed by the pool.

About Hoya, who was the least affected so far.

About Sungjong, who had yet to stop jumping three meters up when someone touched him.

And Sunggyu... Sunggyu who looked so good with his upper-half bare, and who smelled of the strawberries he ate like half a bowl of. If there was something Woohyun loved it was the smell of strawberries. And the smell he loved on someone he...

"Cool, let's do that." Dongwoo brought Woohyun out of his mind suddenly, the trail it was taking startling the head of The Namu a bit.

As he walked with his friend back to the others he however left those thoughts for some later time.

- - - - -

Sungyeol looked at the empty cells around him with unease.

Cells of which three had never been occupied for more than a week. The ones in them "mysteriously" disappearing within that time.

And then there were the two cells which even up to that moment had been used only once.

The two cells the occupants of which were the only ones Sungyeol knew for sure escaped the building alive.

Sunggyu and Sungjong.

'How long has it been since they left?' Sungyeol wondered as he leaned against the back wall of his cell. 'A few months, maybe?'

Time was passing weirdly when one had no means to check it accurately.

'Did they even make it?'

The thought was heavy on Sungyeol's mind and he would rather if it was not there. It would be even worse though, if he knew that the two of his one-time co-prisoners were dead at the hand of his lover. Which they were not. Sungyeol knew Myungsoo well enough to estimate that he would be told.

If the two of the escapees were not yet dead though, and there was little to no trace of them, why was Myungsoo so jumpy lately? What mission was he on? Who did he meet to make him that way?

'After all, Myung is not one to show his distress.' Sungyeol reflected. He kept on thinking about his boyfriend, what he was doing at the moment. Who he was meeting. When would he come to his cell again? Those thoughts however only led the lone occupant of the cells back in loop.

'I hope they made it...' Sungyeol sighed, remembering Sunggyu's face when he told him he was not going. The confusion over it.

He however could not go. They would think Myungsoo helped them. And if they thought that, who knew what they would do to him?

'No, that would not be an option.'"


 After note: Tadah! Dongwoo is on the scene also (^^) Are you excited? (o3o) I am sorry this took so long again. (and it's not even that long a chapter, *sigh*) I don't dare guess when the next chapter will come. Fate has an annoying habit of messing my plans... so hopefully sometime before Christmas...

Bye Bye~

I truly am gratefuly about how patient you are with me, Thank you~ (0v0)/

* And yep, I made a name for the hospital

That's it for today kids ♥

 

Love you all, see ya later~ ( "-.-)/