08: Stained and Clear Water

And the Wheels Are Set in Motion

After Sungjong had been freed, the routine at the "Nam Palace" - as the boy nicknamed it - changed.

Sunggyu spent a lot of time with Sungjong, the two of them catching up on the lost time. Filling the other on what he missed. Woohyun joined them when he had time, listening to the stories. Sometimes even adding something of his own. That however was not too often as the head of Namu became busier.

Having two "escapees" residing in his home, both of which someone wanted to have the head of, called for higher security and that was just what the man did. And not only that.

Sensing there was more to the danger he even had Hoya investigate the involvement of the two in any activity during past three years, wanting to know just what set the chain reaction, he found himself to suddenly be a part of, into motion.

Little did Woohyun know that Hoya had another investigation going on. One that involved the King of grease, as requested by the Sung-duo. One that started by getting the tapes of the incident on the Incheon Airport.

However Woohyun didn't know that.

And even if he did, the underlying tension of danger wouldn't have left.

- - - - -

"What a sweet family reunion." the person repeated over and over in Woohyun's head as he held it, hoping it would ease the terrible pain.

Who was it that said those words?

'I can't see him. Do I know him? When has this happened?' Woohyun asked himself in different variations again and again as his vision kept on being blurry in the recollection.

'Why can't I see his face?'

The pain was becoming almost unbearable and Woohyun could feel the shortage of air supply almost tangibly. It was not that hard, considering his lungs burned, not having enough oxygen to work properly. They were mirroring the pain Woohyun felt in his head.

If only the intensity of it allowed him to keep at least a little of his straight mind. If only it did not feel as if his skull and ribcage were about to be torn apart.

Then, suddenly, the image cleared.

Woohyun could clearly see the owner of that voice, looking at him with something akin to recognition.

"You...?"

How could that man know him?

How could he when Woohyun himself was pretty sure he has never seen the man before?

Looking around Woohyun saw more of the details as the time around him froze seemingly.

"Incheon... Airport?" he asked himself, having been in the building a few times before.

'Is this what happened when we went to pick Sungjong up?' his thoughts clicked immediately, recognizing the younger boy standing next to Sunggyu, looking at the black clad person with fear.

'Is that an enemy? One of those who kept them locked?' Woohyun continued asking himself, not having any answers on hand though. Why was it so hard to connect some of his thoughts together?

Out of blue the scene changed.

Woohyun couldn't see the two runaways anymore, nor could he see the person he had yet to place a name on. He saw something entirely different.

A place covered with red.

Blood.

Everywhere.

Wooyhun looked around. Horrified. Confused. Scared. There was no emotion on the scale of fear strong enough to express just how terribly and utterly frightened Woohyun felt at that moment.

He saw the blood leaking into the pool, dirtying the water.

'Is that our pool?'

He saw how it pooled around the bodies, lying motionlessly on the tiles around the place meant for swimming.

'Who is that?'

And the worst of all, he saw it dripping from the knife he held in his hand.

'Have I done that?'

"Good work M." he heard just next to his ear. When he turned around however, there was no one.

And the pain in his head returned.

- - -

Woohyun shot up from his bed, looking around his room like a scared animal.

"What was that?" he asked, his voice trembling, his body shivering madly.

"Did that actually happen?" he whispered almost, digging his nail into his arms, not caring for the little crescent moons he was likely to leave there.

"It looked so real..."

- - -

It took Woohyun about an hour to gather at least a semblance of control over his distraught feelings.

He looked at the digital clock which read 8:24 and sighed.

"What brought that on?" he asked himself as he dragged his body out of the bed, heading for the kitchen. Only when he reached that goal did he truly push that question into the back of his mind, not having found an answer.

He somehow knew, that concentrating on preparing Sunggyu's breakfast was less likely to bring him a headache.

If everything went well the older man would even be declared healthy, not much later into the day.

'The doctor's with him now already, I suppose.' the head of The Namu thought, pouring hot water over tea leaves.

He did not realise that by then the dream he had had already been pushed into the very furthest corner of his mind, next to more memories which had yet to be re-awakened. He already wouldn't be able to speak of it. He only remembered that he had been truly terrified that night... but did not remember.

'I wonder if it all goes without a problem...'

- - - - -

'Finally.' Sunggyu thought as he looked at the paper which stated his clean bill of health.

"So? How did it go?" Woohyun asked, walking into the room, a tray of food in his hands. Why the man always insisted to bring him his breakfast, even after he had gotten better, Sunggyu did not know.

"Great, I am apparently finally healthy." Sunggyu smiled, taking the breakfast. Soon after he did he was working on digging into it.

"That's perfect." Woohyun said as he sat down on the edge of the bed. "Too bad you can't go anywhere. It would be fun to go out and celebrate it."

"It's not as if Sungjong can go anywhere either, so... should we just do some indoors party?" Sunggyu mused, more to himself than to Woohyun.

"Yeah, we could do that." answered cheerily. "Maybe some celebration just for the three of us? And invite Hoya maybe? That's not exactly party numbers, but we could make it by the pool and then it would not matter anyway... We'd be in the water most of the time anyway."

Sunggyu snickered as he watched the excitement Woohyun exhibited. "You do realise that I've been only thinking aloud, not really meaning it?"

"Nope, it will be fun. The idea of not celebrating is being dismissed." Woohyun waved his hand in disapproval.

"If you think so..."

- - - - -

It did not take much convincing to get Hoya to come, and Sungjong was thrilled with the idea of some fun. In the end even Sunggyu was looking to their "Pool Party" quite a lot.

As a matter of a fact the party consisted of four people gathered by a pool with loads of food and drinks. The latest in amounts which ten people would have troubles to consume, not to mention four.

"You really shouldn't have bought so much you know?" Sunggyu sighed as he still sat by a bowl full of strawberries, eating the content one by one.

"Quite the contrary." Woohyun laughed as he prepared himself what seemed to be a fruit-skewer. "Since you don't have opportunities to go outside we have to enjoy it here as much as possible."

"Enjoy it you say?" Sunggyu smirked as he took his shirt off, standing up.

He did not miss how Woohyun's eyes trailed across his chest, stopping at the scar caused by the bullet wound.

The man however did not have time to look much longer as it was soon after that Sunggyu dragged him the meter it was to the pool itself and hauled the two of them into the water, laughing his head off when they resurfaced moments later.

"What have I done to deserve that?" Woohyun whined, turning with narrowed eyes to the two party-goers who still were dry and who were almost rolling over the tiled floor laughing.

He looked at the water which flowed past his fingers as he held his hands up.

'Clear...' he thought, a picture of the same water stained with red appearing before his eyes for a moment, causing him to flinch. 'Still clear...'

He was so engrossed in trying to figure out the source of that vision that he almost missed when Sunggyu spoke to him again. And that voice made him forget yet again, returning him back into the moment of rollicking with Sunggyu.

"Nothing really, just prevention, I suppose." the older of the two grinned, enjoying his moment of victory. It however was short lived, especially as he was soon swept over by a wave, which disticintly smelled of chlorine.

Having not anticipated that he started choking on the water, sputtering until his air passages become water-free again.

Needless to say that the process of it had been accompanied by howls of laughter from the other three people present.

"Idiot!" Sunggyu fumed, jumping at the younger man, trying to pull him underwater.

He only managed to do so moments later, when he hooked his leg on Woohyun's and casued the slightly shorter man to fall into the water, head first.

'Success!'

- - -

It was just as Woohyun's head had been dunked underwater that a new person appeared inside the pool hall. Or more like walked in backwards with a bottle in his hands.

"Hey there Hyun, haven't seen you in so..." his voice trailed off as he turned around, only to see three pairs of eyes focused on him. "...me?"

"Uhm, hello?"


After note: A newcomer~ Guess who it is :3

I am infinitely sorry for only uploading now... (=_=;), even though the plan with a K-pop contest fell through I got a whole bunch of thing loaded on my shoulders and simply had no ideas and no time to write. *sigh* (I wrote the whole chapter - except for the first part - today... which says a lot 'bout my free time)

Anyway, I have no idea when the next chapter will appear... Sorry, I have writer blocks on all my ffs lately.  I'm really sorry.. (-_-")... I hope you enjoyed anyway~ (0w0)/tumblr_mnhaq97yuj1s9f34ro1_400.gif

I wanted to find some gif of them by a pool but well... Did not find any. But I found this (→) Their movements are so... fluid ;D
I'm a bit disappointed that I can't see Sungjong

W: "Look at me Imma boss here... "

 Love you all, see ya later~ ( "-.-)/