04: Fishies and Echoes Sinking

And the Wheels Are Set in Motion

"Well... that certainly speaks of the heaviness of the situation..." Woohyun mumbled to himself as he held the morning newspaper, where the possibilities of why there was a murder in a hospital were thought of.

Woohyun hated to think that it should have been Sunggyu said after words "the victim of the hospital murder was called...".

He pitied the man who took the damage instead, but he still was happy somehow that he managed to save Sunggyu from that fate.

He even managed to stop the newspaper from publishing Sunggyu's name as a potential intended victim, which they otherwise for sure would have done.

'For how long that will be possible though?'

- - - - -

"Hello sunshine~" Woohyun greeted the only other occupant in his house - aside from the servants - as he strode into the room with a tray on which a breakfast was.

The said occupant fried him with a stare first then only sighed, pulling himself a bit up in his sitting position on the bed.

"Hi..." Sunggyu groaned in response as the breakfast landed in front of him. "To what do I owe a breakfast to the bed?" he asked, turning to Woohyun who had by then taken to sit on the edge of his bed.

"To no one." Woohyun grinned as he took one of the cups on the tray, the only thing for himself he placed there. "I just felt like making something for you."

"Wait a moment, you actually made this?" Sunggyu asked, eyes widening as he made a circle with his hand over his breakfast to prove his point. "And without burning the house down?"

"Yes?" Woohyun said nonchalantly, not getting where the older guy got the idea of him not knowing a bit about cooking.

"Just did not think you the type." Sunggyu shrugged his shoulders as he took a fork and dug into the scrambled eggs and the room stayed silent for a while.

It was after few minutes, once Sunggyu finished the last piece of fruit he had on the tray that the silence was broken by Woohyun, who looked at Sunggyu hopefully. "So?"

"It was good." Sunggyu admitted, taking a cup from the tray also and sipped the hot chocolate in it.

"I'm glad to hear that." Woohyun smiled. "I did not really cook for anyone yet."

"So I was a laboratory mouse?" Sunggyu asked mock-horrified.

"No. I usually only cook for myself." Woohyun finished his trail of thoughts, grinning. Then however his expression turned into a more serious one. "I would rather not poison you with my cooking if I can keep you alive by letting you stay here."

"What?"

"Read this." Woohyun sighed as he pointed at the newspaper which was partly hidden beneath the empty dishes on the trail. "I think you'd want to know about that."

As Sunggyu kept reading on Woohyun could see how the elder's hand started trembling slightly. He however knew better than to say anything and so he only waited until Sunggyu read the whole article.

"I could, no... should have been dead." Sunggyu whispered as he placed the newspaper away so he wouldn't have to look at the main article.

"But you're not, that's what counts."

"And Sungjong is probably dead also."

The whispering words Sunggyu said were almost inaudible, however Woohyun heard them still. It was not hard to hear just how much Sunggyu liked the "Sungjong" he spoke about. And the fact that he could be possibly dead pretty much  meant that he must have been in a similar situation as Sunggyu himself was. Only he was not put away in hospital for a while.

"Who?" Woohyun asked. He hoped that if he knew some facts then maybe he could let someone look into it and possibly ease Sunggyu's worries... Or at least he would possibly drag him from the awful state of not knowing for sure.

"A friend, he... He was the one to damage your car, sorry about that." Sunggyu started, smiling sadly at the memory. "We were running from hitmen, don't ask why, I'm not ready to tell." the elder cut of Woohyun just as he was about to open his mouth. "I was already hurt by then..." Sunggyu's hand subconsciously slid to his injured side. "...and then I was shot." Sunggyu cut himself off for a minute, closing his eyes as the pain re-appeared in his mind. Then however he continued.

"Sungjong took me away, into the street, and left me by your car, causing the alarm to scream its wires off... and then he ran away, getting the attention on himself. He knew that they won't go near the car as I was on my way to bleed to death anyway and they needed to catch him still... and so I was left there, hoping that someone will hear the awful screeching. Which you did... I still don't know what's with Sungjong though." Sunggyu trailed off, getting lost in the worry for his friend.

"I can try to let someone look into it." Woohyun offered, getting Sunggyu's attention on him again.

"If he's around fishies already they won't find him anyway." Sunggyu said in a mournful voice.

"Fishies?"

"They're like mafia sometimes, or yakuza if you want. They like to get rid of people by throwing them to some bay with girder tied to their leg." he explained.

"But he does not have to be, you know?" Woohyun said, trying to lift the spirits of the patient a bit. "I'll still look into it, if you let me, of course."

"Do what you want." Sunggyu sighed, losing hope in that matter.

"Great, I want to search for this friend of yours, as he obviously saved your life. Now... What can you tell me about him?"

- - - - -

Later that day Woohyun already had a man sent on a trace of one Lee Sungjong, hoping for good news rather than the bad ones. He really hated to see Sunggyu as down as he become from the moment he got to know the news about the man killed in the hospital.

If it were any other situation Woohyun would have teased Sunggyu about how he seemed to think of his friend before himself. The worries about his friend occupying his mind more than the possibility of his own death.

'Sungjong must really mean a great deal to him.' Woohyun thought to himself as he returned to his palace of a house after spending few hours in his office, talking with the guy who by the time he got home was sure to have read through most of the papers he got him on Sungjong.

'I really need to relax now.' Woohyun said to himself as he stretched, ridding himself of at least some tension which came with riding in a car. As he did so he caught a sight of Sunggyu on garden, sitting in his wheel-chair in front of the fountain.

'Might as well join.' Woohyun thought a bit happier at seeing the older man again.

As stepped onto the loft of the path to garden he was already thinking of all the ways how he could lift Sunggyu's mood up at least a little bit.

It was because of that that he did not really notice a stone in the path until he stumbled over it, and fell on all four, the unexpected motion startling him a bit. What images his mind brought him however startled him more.

Woohyun was looking down at his hands which were covered in mud from the fall, when suddenly an image flashed before his eyes. An image of those very same hands covered in blood. The red liquid dripping down on the ground. And then it was gone.

'What was that?' he asked himself confused, blinking furiously, willing the image of red away.

The strange echo of memory sank back deep into his mind when a worried voice came from his left.

"Are you okay?" Sunggyu asked, placing his hand on Woohyun's shoulder.

"Yes, I think I am." he said, smiling as to not worry Sunggyu even more.

It did not convince the older of the two completely, however he knew better than to ask about that, when Woohyun clearly was not about to speak what made him pale so. And so instead of that Sunggyu spoke.

"What about the information, will it help?"

"I think so, the man seemed pretty impressed how much one can drag from his memory." Woohyun laughed. "He said he'll give us an update once he finds some clue."

"Thanks." Sunggyu said, in appreciation.

"Anytime, sunshine."

- - - - -

Neither of the two knew that near the hospital the very young man they spoke about was, reading the morning newspaper in only the light of the street lamps in one of the side-alleys.

"The other possible victims' names are not to be published." Sungjong mouthed silently, reading through the article.

"So you have someone protecting you for now, hyung." Sungjong sighed, relieved. Then however he realized a fact which will prove quite problematic.

"But how am I supposed to find you now..?"


After note: Hmm... The next chapter should be up ... in a month or so... again... Sorry 'bout that, but I have more fanfictions on another site and it's quite exhausting as to say, even if I have holidays as of the very moment... (-_-")...  I hope you enjoyed anyway~ (0w0)/

woogyu1.gif

Some Nam Woohyun exposing to look at \(OWO)/ 

 

Sunggyu staring at the Namchest is just.. lol xD

 

Happy New Years' by the way, as I won't update before then (^^)/

 

Love you all, see ya later~ ( "-.-)/