02: Red and White Colour

And the Wheels Are Set in Motion

11:04, read the time on the clock Nam Woohyun was staring at. He could only sigh at the sight.

'So much for getting a nine-hour beauty-sleep today...' he thought as he sat down on one of the chairs before him.

'What did I get myself into?' wondered Woohyun as he looked around the hospital's corridor. It seemed just so... white. And it seemed all the more so when he remembered the amount of red which was the case he was in the hospital now, the man for whose results he was waiting here being the one whose blood that was.

'I can't even imagine how someone survives without that much blood...' Woohyun mused. He however soon stopped himself.

'I really should think of something else...would be better for my mental health and stability.' Wohyun thought. Something in the back of his mind was telling him he does not want to remember the last time he saw that much blood... Or was there more of it back then?

'Back on track... let's look... at that plant for example... so green... or the chair... so orange...'

- - -

It was almost half an hour later, when Wooyhun was debating with himself whether returning to work would be better then spending the night in the hospital, reminding himself that there were indeed more colours then white and red in the world, that he saw that a doctor appeared next to him.

"Excuse me, are you Nam Woohyun?" asked the doctor as soon as he came. "You are the one who called us in regard of Mr. Kim?"

"Who?"

"Ah, I forgot, the nurse told me you seemed to not be acquainted. According to the identification card in his wallet, the patient who you've brought here is named Kim Sunggyu, age 23."

"23?" Woohyun could not echo in question curiously. "Really?" He mused to himself. To that he got a smile from the doctor.

"He indeed is... however what I wanted to inform you about is that after the operation that had to take place, due to the wound made by a bullet and it staying in Mr. Kim's body, he is likely to be asleep for until tomorrow's noon. Would you be available to come back around that time?" the doctor asked, knowing full well that he was talking to a busy man.

"Why should I?" Woohyun asked, pushing down the question about the bullet altogether.

"I'm sure Mr. Kim would like to know who saved his life. If not for you calling us as soon as you did he might have bled to death."

"Then it's good I was there I guess..."

"Indeed it is." The doctor laughed. "All the more reason for you to come... that and the papers you'll have to fill and sign, as it was you who called the hospital in the first place..."

"More papers..." Woohyun rolled his eyes, imagining the pile that stayed on his desk when he went out to check the car. He however decided that it would have to wait till tomorrow.

"Okay, I understand, I'll come by tomorrow." Woohyun sighed. "Now, if you excuse me I have to go..."  he bowed slightly, leaving almost immediately after.

He only hoped that the car would still be in the parking lot.

- - - - -

When Sunggyu came around he was only aware of the amount of white around him, as his vision was a bit blurry from the sleep.

'Did I die?' he asked himself. He however quickly pushed it aside, being a person who did not believe in an afterlife, or at least he claimed so.

'Where am I?' he corrected a question to suit his beliefs more.

"You awake?" he suddenly heard from his left and his head snapped immediately to that direction. That however in turn almost made him pass out due to the wave of diziness the motion sent over him.

"Take it easy..." The person laughed.

'I'd strangle you if I could.' Sunggyu thought, not being able to talk due to the tube in his mouth. He was only little aware of the pain in his chest, where the bullet damaged his lung and a few of his ribs. He was for the moment only concentrating to look at the person, a guy, he knew from the voice, who dared to laugh at him when he was confined to bed.

The guy however made himself easier to spot as he walked over to stand in front of the bed and Sunggyu begrudgingly had to admit to himself that there was quite a fine specimen standing in front of him. That however did not make the anger directed at the offender lessen a bit and as he could not speak, he decided to only stare at him, hoping that some higher power would give his glare a deadly attribute.

"You narrowing your eyes at me?" he laughed still "Do you realize it does not make much of a difference? Some would not even be able to tell..." an fake-innocent face replacing the broad smile for a second, only to return to place right after.

'Do I really have to listen to this?' Sunggyu asked no one, given that there really was no other person in the room... and the tube was still annoying him as he could not speak back to the guy. And so he only closed his eyes se he wouldn't have to look at him. That earned him a chuckle. He however did not open his eyes still.

"So not even looking at me now? Is Gyu-no-eyes mad at me?"

That caused Sunggyu to open his eyes again. How did that punk in higher society clothes know his name?

Sunggyu soon knew that he must have showed his confusion on his face somehow as the guy answered the unspoken question for him.

"The doctor told me your name. He knew it from the identification of something you had in your wallet... Don't look at me like that, it's not like it was me who searched it... and they needed to identify you somehow. It's not like I knew your name when I called the hospital... And I'm Woohyun by the way."

Sunggyu only rolled his eyes at that. He however was not exactly sure how was it he met Woohyun, everything has been quite hazy after he saw Sungjong leave. He needed to ask the guy, Woohyun, but he still had that damn tube in his mouth, thus was unable to... and so he motioned slowly to his mouth with the hand that did not have the IV in it.

"You want me to take out the tube? I don't know if I can, but I'll get you a doctor... or nurse... or someone... wait a bit."

And with that he left the room, leaving Sunggyu staring after him. The older of the two would have chuckled if not in the condition he was in.

'What a weird guy...'

- - -

It was no later then five minutes that Woohyun returned with a nurse in tow.

The sight somehow amused Sunggyu. The nurse seemed to have been a young one, probably only coming with Wooyhun because of the greasiness he oozed and some random flirting also.

Sunggyu however was not the one to complain, much, as soon he was able to talk again.

"Finaly.. " he rasped. He then turned to the nurse. "When will I be allowed to leave?"

"You want to leave already?" The nurse asked, apparently shocked "That won't happen for at least a week. There still could occur some internal bleeding if cou overexert yourself, sir." She said, lookign at the charts which obviously were about him.

"Great... just what I needed..." Sunggyu muttered to himself. 'To sit in one place as a chicken and wait for someone to come and suffocate me in my sleep.' He added.

"Not to mention there is still some questioning planned for you. There was a bullet in your body after all." The nurse continued. When however she saw Sunggyu's disinterest in her person she sighed. "I'll come by later to bring you lunch. For now just don't leave the bed..." she said and left, leaving Sunggyu and Woohyun in the room alone.

"So, now that she has left, I have time to ask you... Who the hell are you?" Sunggyu turned to Woohyun immediately.

"It was me who found you... you ended up next to my car for some reason and I though it would be a pity to let you die."

"A pity?"

"Oh, sure.. Why leave such a pretty guy to die?" Woohyun grinned.

'Here comes the greasiness..' Sunggyu groaned to himself. Outward he only asked. "Is it a policy of yours to hit on guys who are not able to run away from you?"

"No, you're the first."

"What an honor." Sunggyu rolled his eyes. He however soon fell into quite a comfortable conversation with Woohyun about little nothings and such, only being interrupted for a while when the lunch was brought.

He was surprised to hear just which Woohyun he was talking to. After all it is not everyday that one of the most important people in the area, the Nam Woohyun himself saves your life, right?

The easy atmosphere has however dropped when Woohyun asked a question Sunggyu was dreading to hear.

"Why were you even there?"

It made Sunggyu think of Sungjong. What if his friend was alive no longer? It made him think of what the two of them had to go through to get out of that hell of a place.

Seeing Sunggyu being lost in his own thoughts Woohyun said his goodbyes, only getting a nod of acknowledgement in response.

He wondered what made Sunggyu have such a pained expression when thinking of past.

He was determined to come back and get the answer out of Sunggyu. Maybe he could help Sunggyu even?

'One never knows without trying, right?'


After note: Hmm... The next chapter should be up around the end of the month as I don't think I'll have too much time up till then (^^;) .. That's everything guess... ... I hope you enjoyed~ (0w0)/

 image

Somehow I did not think a lovey-dovey gif would fit... So a playful mock-fight instead :3

 

It's cute how they're trying so hard xD

 

Love you all, see ya later~ ( "-.-)/