07: Predator and the Prey

And the Wheels Are Set in Motion

12:07:34

12:07:35

12:07:36

As Sungjong watched the clock on the wall he was becoming more and more nervous.

What if Sunggyu won't come?

What if Hoya, despite the way he acted and his revealing of all that information - which were actually true, Sungjong checked - was someone from them?

What... if it was really L who he had seen in the corner of his eye?

There were just so many "ifs" about the situation... way more than Sungjong would like... and so he decided to not think of it for just a little longer.

12:07:57

12:07:58

12:07:59

12:08:00

- - - - -

He was waiting.

Waiting like a predator waits for its prey, breathing down his neck almost.

Waiting patiently, knowing that there will come time to reveal himself. Knowing that there will be the right time to strike.

There is no place for failure.

- - - - -

"Two minutes left." Hoya announced, scanning the space of the airport to search for the familiar figure of the skinny kid which Sungjong was.

"What if he doesn't appear?" Sunggyu stressed himself as the three of them sat on one of the benches on the less frequented part of the airport, trying hard not to slide back into his habit of biting his nails. He would have bitten them bloody already if not having some will power left.

"He will come." Woohyun tried to reassure him. He however was not sure. After all how could he be?

- - - - -

12:11:59

12:12:00

It was just as the giant clock on the wall struck the appointed time that it all happened at once.

- - -

Seeing the time the three nervous guys stood up and looked around.

Seeing the time Sungjong, who was for most part hiding in one of the shadowy parts, walked from the dark to meet them.

Seeing the time yet another figure emerged from the shadows, pointing his gun at Sungjong's back.

- - - - -

"Sungjong!" Sunggyu cried out, his eyes widening in fright as he pointed just behind his friend, caring less than little that the gesture is considered rude.

It was as soon that Sungjong turned around that he saw what startled his elder so much.

For right where he looked stood a black clad figure which both of them knew by two names stood. However there was no doubt just which of those this was.

This... was L.

- - - - -

"What a sweet family reunion." L smirked, not lowering his gun still. He knew he had to care about the cameras only a little. After all it was such a nice coincidence that at the very time of the encounter the guard would be out to get a coffee... then deciding to stay at the machine for a few minutes.

A nice coincidence indeed.

Now it was only about playing the cards right.

- - - - -

It however was not L who pulled out a trumph in the end.

"Myungsoo?"

The sound of his name startled "L", his head snapping to look at the one who called him that.

He however was not the only one that had the same reaction, the two people who had their lives hanging on a strand turned around also, that however did not change the fact that they both kept looking back at L.

Everyone was shocked.

For it was Woohyun who spoke up.

Woohyun, who seemed to be the most baffled about the situation which came up.

Him knowing anything or anyone of that organization Sunggyu did not expect.

L's eyes widened with recognition. "You...?"

What happened after, none of the present expected also.

L fled the scene.

And in that very same moment Woohyun crumbled to the floor, holding his head.

- - - - -

"Hyung?" Sungjong spoke up from his seat next to the driver, looking to the back of the car whee Sunggyu sat, sleeping Woohyun's head in his lap.

"What is it Jong?" Sunggyu spoke back, not lifting his eyes from Woohyun's peaceful face.

"Just what happened there? How could he have known him?"

"I don't know Jong... I really don't." Sunggyu sighed, running his hand through the short hair Woohyun sported. Not that he realised it.

"You should just ask him once he wakes up." Hoya suggested, still keeping his eyes on the road. Not that with the traffic they were stuck in there were potential possibilities crashing into someone. "Whether he'll tell you I wouldn't be so sure though."

"Why wouldn't he?" Sungjong asked before Sunggyu had the chance to.

"Oh, don't get me wrong, it's not that he wouldn't want to tell you... I think it would be more along the lines of wouldn't be able..."

"What do you mean?" Sunggyu asked, looking up from the sleeping for of Woohyun.

"You've seen him when that happened... There just was something... I can't really point at it... Something that did not fit. He himself seemed surprised to know... Myungsoo was it?" he turned to Sungjong for confirmation and once he got it he continued. "Myungsoo's name. Not to mention that the fact he passed out thanks to the strain of it... The knowledge of that fact is not something on the forefront of his mind... I'll be surprised if he even remembers seeing him once you ask him."

"We'll see about that..." Sunggyu agreed, turning his attention back to Woohyun, who turned in his sleep, wrapping his arm around Sunggyu, causing the elder's cheeks to colour a bit.

"Has something of the sort happened before?" Hoya spoke up again, giving Sunggyu opportunity to gather his stoic persona again.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, some lapses in attention? Strange behaviour? Anything?"

"There was no..." Sunggyu suddenly stopped himself, his mind going back to the time Woohyun returned from work. "There was actually... When I was at Woohyun's only for few days at most he came from work to the garden where I was... He stumbled upon some rock and fell on all four. He however did not just stand up, he sat on the ground, looking at his hands covered in mud... Looking at them, but not really looking, if you know what I mean... He stayed like that until I wheeled over to him in my chair. When I asked him about it he just shrugged it off."

"Strange..." Hoya mumbled to himself only. "Should I look into it?" he then asked.

"I don't really have means to pay you." Sunggyu sighed.

"'S okay, he'll pay me even if I don't find anything. He'd want to know also anyway." Hoya said only, waving his hand in the general direction of the back of the car.

"If you think so..."

"I know it, believe me."

- - - - -

It was only the day after that Woohyun woke up and it did not really come as a surprise when he could not recall the meeting at the airport except for some blurry images. A black clad person he could not identify in his memory being the one to stand out most of these.

No one however pressed him to remember, they knew it would do more harm then good.

Aside from that Woohyun seemed genuinely happy to finally meet Sungjong and welcomed him into his residence, glad he has chosen a room for him beforehand and Sunggyu has already shown it to the boy after their arrival.

At least some things seemed to go remotely normal.

- - - - -

At the time, in a differet place something "normal" also was happening. Or at least normal for that place's standard.

"How dare you return back, failing the mission?" the man yelled as his fist landed on the jaw of L who was held by his arms by two men.

"He just appeared there. How was I to know that the two got themselves a protection?" L spat out, literally, the blood was gathering in his mouth already.

"Who?"

"M."

The letter came out as a whisper almost. It however was enough to make the room drown in tense silence for a while. L even felt one of the two guys by his sides stiffen at the sound of it.

"M? He was there?" the leader asked, his face showing something akin to shock. It was the first time L has ever seen that emotion on the man's face. It was one of the reasons why he chose to answer with a nod only.

"So M it is... How did the two of them come across him? How could they sway him to their side?" the leader mused, seeming to be a bit in the world of his own for a moment.

"Who's M?" one of the guys L had by his side asked. It was the one who did not freeze momentarily at the mention of the name.

"You don't know M? Ah, yes, you were only brought later... You however still must have heard of him. Code name: M. More widely known as a Red Mamba."

The reaction would almost seem comical to L... if not for the fact that he would most likely by struck again.

"The Red Mamba?" the guy asked, horrified almost. "I just thout the hyungs made someone up to scare us."

"Red Mamba is a real." the leader smirked. "He used to be one of us, some time before you came. He really was a sight." the man seemed to be recalling the times fondly. "Believe me... what is said is an understatement. Mamba was the most ruthless one you'd find here, even L here would do good if he could take one or two more lessons from him." the leader smirked. "He's someone one would definitely be able to forget."

'That he indeed is not.'


After note: MWAHAHA Plot twist xD

Once again I have a chapter sooner than I thought I would... the next chapter however can take around two months to appear... Sorry, but me and T4kara are preparing for a pre-rounds of K-pop competition... thus time to write will be hell of limited...  I'm really sorry.. (-_-")...  I hope you enjoyed anyway~ (0w0)/

Here is the Namstar for ya:  Tumblr_m5hb52cmvy1qleq22o1_500_large

(Special treat for T4kara especially xD)

W: "Being cool... This is how you do it. "

 

Love you all, see ya later~ ( "-.-)/