03: Rainbows and Rainclouds Ahead

And the Wheels Are Set in Motion

Sunggyu looked around the hospital room and could only sigh.

'How am I supposed to get out of here?' He mused. He after all did not want to get killed... and as he knew the hitmen's sources were good enough to at least suspect him to be in the hospital by then... if they ruled out the dead option already... that however would happen only after they killed Sungjong. Or only caught him and the boy was probably being tortured as of the current moment... and Sunggyu hated to think about that option.

"Heya, Gyu-no-eyes! How're you doing today?" a voice brought the patient out of his thoughts. The said patient did not even need to guess who was it that came. The name he was given spoke for itself.

"Why are you here again?" Sunggyu sighed only, not letting a hint of his previous inner turmoil to show in his facial features.

"To let you bask in my presence..." Woohyun said, as he entered the room, grin plastered on his face.

"How about amusing me with the image of your body falling from the window?" Sunggyu said in all seriousness. His suggestion was however soon declined.

"Come on, who would be here to bring you oranges then?" the guy laughed as he brought a paper-bag of said fruit to attention, having hidden it behind his back before.

"Whatever..." Sunggyu answered only. He knew that aside from the crazy head of "The Namu" who seemed set on bringing him fruit in a rainbow colours order - judging from yesterday's strawberries and the idiot's blabber about bananas for tomorrow - there would be no one who would bring him anything. He wouldn't get anything but hospital food... and then there was a possibility of a bullet to the head, perfectly aimed from the opposite building... It depended on how have the hitmen and co. spent the time that he was bedridden.

For now though, the roof of the opposite building stayed clear of any human presence.

- - -

During the inner musing of the elder of the two occupants in the room the younger took time to study the enigma called Kim Sunggyu.

'Certainly someone one would not mind looking at for a larger amount of time... though maybe less skin covered would be appreciated...' was the first point on Woohyun's list of observations, always being the grease-ball he is.

'Character... certainly not someone who it would be boring to be with... even if he's not speaking much...'

The fact that Sunggyu was not only quiet but also shy - which did not make him a best of conversionalists - did not bother Woohyun at all. He on the other hand appreciated that what was said was to a point - most of the time... and had some meaning at least...

Kim Sunggyu was surely someone Woohyun found out to be miles different from everyone he has met till that day.

And that was making the head of "The Namu" very, very intrigued.

- - - - -

"Can I finally leave?" Sunggyu asked the young doctor - about three years older then him, he guessed - who came by often during his sixth day of consciousness in hospital - making it a week in total.

"I'm sorry but your ribs are still not healed enough... You could damage your lung if you were to move around much... which means, no, you cannot leave, yet..." the doctor sighed. There however seemed more to that simple releasing of carbon dioxide. Something underlying in it. And the reason for that the third man in the room had no problem asking about.

"What is the matter, doctor?" Woohyun asked simply, not seeing point in beating around the bush, knowing that the doctor knew well-enough what he was talking about.

"I'm sorry, it must seem unprofessional of me... It's just that yesterday evening there was an incident with the guards... Apparently someone has tried to sneak into the hospital to harm, kill even maybe, one of the patients... if the poison which has fell out of his pocket when the man ran away was anything to go by..."

The way the laying person's hands gripped the box of blueberries until the knuckles on them went white did not go unnoticed by Woohyun. He however saved that information for later. Having every intention to ask about it once the doctor went to see his other patients...

"It is good then that that no one got hurt, right?"

"Indeed..." the doctor agreed absent-mindedly. Soon however he "returned" from his inner turmoil and went back into a I'm-a-doctor-above-anything-else mode and smiled at the man on bed once turning to him.

"I have to go now, Mr. Kim, I'll come by sometime later in the evening... Now if you excuse me gentlemen." he bowed slightly and soon left the room.

And the strained atmosphere overtook.

- - -

"Did he come because of you?" Wooyhun asked as once the silence which fell over the room for a moment became unbearable.

To that question Sunggyu visibly flinched. He however did not look in the younger man's eyes just yet. He only stubborny held his blueberry box.

"Don't pretend. I've seen how you reacted to what that doctor said. There has to be some connection between you and the man who tried to break in... and the whole reason you're here is connected to it also, I'm sure."

"What's it to you?" Sunggyu said through his gritted teeth. He however still behaved as if the blueberries were the most interesting thing in the room and stared at them with a conceńtration unrivaled.

'So stubborn...' Woohyun sighed, then however soon grinned to himself. 'I like that...'

- - - - -

Somehow Woohyun was not surprised when he came the next day and the patient he kept on visiting seemed more nervous than the day before.

"Hi there sunshine~" he half sang, ing a paper sack with plums into the guy's hands. He only got a nod in appreciation for the fruit... and glare for the comment.

"It's only two in the afternoon and you're so grumpy already?" Woohyun teased, hoping to ease the tension from the elder a bit. It however only caused for the other man in the room to ignore him. It however was still clear as day to Woohyun that the man wanted nothing but up and run from the hospital.

He somehow could not bear the idea of not seeing the man again... which brought him back to the idea he came up with.

"You don't have to stay here if you feel so unsecure, you know?"

"What?" the head snapped up to the more cheerful male of the two.

"I could actually arrange for you to stay with me. I have a security system rivalling bank's." Woohyun grinned. He almost expected an outburst of "As if I'd want to live with you!" from the patient, however the actual response was quite different.

"Why would you do that?" That alone showed just how scared Sunggyu was to stay in the hospital, probably feeling like a sitting chicken, waiting for slaughter.

"Because I want to?"

As arrogant as that statement seemed Sunggyu knew that Woohyun meant just that. And it was not like he had a list of choices.

"You think that it could be arranged?" Sunggyu asked self-consciously.

"You'd be surprised what a word with director and a good funding can do." Woohyun laughed, he then stood up from the chair he sat on sometime half-way during the talk and turned to leave. He however was stopped by a voice from the bed.

"Woohyun?"

"What?" He turned around, smiling at the fact that Sunggyu has for once called him by his name.

"Thank you."

"Anytime for you sunshine."

- - - - -

And so it was that later that day one Kim Sunggyu has been "transferred" to another hospital. Or at least that was what official reports said.

Instead he suddenly found himself in front of a house which could only be called huge.

"You live in this?" He asked incredulously, turning his head to the house's owner who was holding the handles of his wheel-chair, about to take him to the house.

"You expected any less?"

"Actually? Yes..." Sunggyu admitted as he took in the image of the house. Then his eyes slid to the sky above.

"How about we head inside? See the rainclouds? It's going to rain soon..." he said, pointing at the sky.

"Hmm.. It seems so..." Woohyun said as he started pushing the wheel-chair down the short path to the house. It however was still long enough for Sunggyu to remember something quite related to the rain.

"Now that I think about it you did not really manage to finish your rainbow fruit plan." Sunggyu turned to Woohyun again.

"You knew about that?"

"It was quite obvious..." Sunggyu rolled his eyes.

"That means we'll have to start again, I guess..." Woohyun laughed as he wheeled Sunggyu inside the house.

"If you want to why not?"

"Do you even need to ask?"

- - - - -

Neither of the two men were aware what was happening in the hospital at that moment. They no longer needed to. They however would find out from the next day's news about a patient killed in that place.

A patient who had been on the very bed Sunggyu has been on just few hours prior.


After note: Hmm... The next chapter should be up ... in a month or so... Sorry 'bout that, but I really seem to lack free time to write lately (-_-")...  I hope you enjoyed anyway~ (0w0)/

 

Some WooGyu for you tards \(OWO)/

A couple picture, lol xD

 

Love you all, see ya later~ ( "-.-)/