06: Masks and Cells Trapping

And the Wheels Are Set in Motion

It did not take that much of a time for Woohyun and Sunggyu to fall into a comfortable routine of having the other's presence around most of the time and by the time a month of Sunggyu's stay rolled around they were used to each other as if knowing each other for ages. It was not like either was about to complain anyway.

Even the strain of stress which the threat hanging over their head brought and also fear for the untraceable boy which Woohyun shared with Sunggyu, having been told loads about Sungjong, feeling as if it was his own friend also... if the two were in each other's presence even that seemed to not be that heavy a load to carry.

However nothing nice stays for a long time.

And the peaceful time was not about to stay peaceful for much longer.

- - - - -

"I've found him!" were the first words Woohyun heard exclaimed straight into his ear once he picked up the incoming call from the purple-loving investigator called Hoya.

The first reaction Woohyun had to that was a sigh.

It was not that he was not happy about the news. Nor was it anything along the lines of missing Hoya's cheerful "Good morning!" which he would start with at the time of day, the tone being sompletely out of appropriate levels, given his work.

Woohyun just really liked having his eardrums intact and dealing with Hoya was damaging them a great deal.

Having pondered about his poor abused tympanic membrane Woohyun finally let the words said sink and exclaimed back. "What!?"

"My ears..." he heard a muffled muttering from the other line, feeling brief satisfaction, before Hoya picked up his work-persona.

"I found Sungjong I meant, of course." the investigator clarified. "Not the easiest lad to convince of something, I tell you."

"And you're surprised?"

"Not really... Anyway, I spoke with him, somewhat convinced him to believe me I'm not there to kill him and we had come to an agreement to have another meeting."

"Why another?"

"He won't come anywhere until Sunggyu is present, he said. He does not believe me. Not really."

"I'll pass that onto Sunggyu."

"Would be appreciated."

"When is the meeting? And where?" Woohyun asked. He was sure it was not even remotely near Headquarters or the hospital he took Sunggyu from. He was actually quite sure the boy was not in centre of Seoul anymore, if even in the city.

"He said he'll meet us on Incheon International Airport the day after tomorrow. If we don't meet up he'll take the first plane and leave."

"Incheon? How did he get there if he has to avoid main roads to not be seen by cameras?"

"Who knows? Still better than if we found him on Jeju, isn't it?" Hoya chuckled. He then however grew serious again quickly. "The meeting is scheduled for 12:12 AM. About five planes leave in span of an hour after that. If we miss that we can as easily just say adieu."

"Got that. We'll be there, of course, where should we pick you up?"

"Not the headquarters, we don't know for sure if they don't expect Sunggyu there... what about Namsan?"

"The park you mean? Okay, we'll be there at before nine... it should take only about two hours at most, but time reserve is better in case there is traffic jam or something."

"Thought so also. I'll see the two of you later then."

"See you." 

- - - - -

"Trip time!" Woohyun announced happily when he stumbled upon Sunggyu soon after he came home.

"A trip? What the hell are you talking about?" Sunggyu rolled his eyes, he was wondering just what great plan it was that the head of The Namu thought of. The last time he said he'll kidnap him and take him to Niagara falls.

"Actually... no, no trip." Woohyun backed off, seeing the mood he caught the elder in was not exactly the perfect one to make jokes. "We however still will go out in two days time... we might someone really important there." his head tilting, his voice full of implication.

"Really?" Sunggyu caught on quickly. "You know where he is?"

"Yep. He won't come until you're there though, so..."

"I will walk all the way by foot if I have to..." Sunggyu said immediately. It was quite a thing to say, for even though he has been healed for the most part Sunggyu still had bouts of weakness at times and had bed rest ordered for the most part of the day still.

"Would take too long. We're going by car. If however we manage to get stuck in traffic congestion we'll have to walk there if needed, can't really let him fly off can we?"

"Fly off?"

"Ah, I didn't tell you or did I? We're meeting him at the Incheon Airport. We being me, you and Hoya by the way... Anyway if he does not see us there at the said time he'll leave. I don't think we'd really be able to track him. There are too many planes leaving around that time."

"Not to mention more leaving later. Sungjong being Sungjong, he'd probably wait a bit as to let anyone after him concentrate on the sooner planes and get the attention off himself. Then he'd take flight to the opposite direction anyone would expect him to. I guess he'd go for Europe. Poor Jong, he does not even speak English well..." Sunggyu trailed off. He really hoped it won't come to that.

"We'll get there on time." Woohyun tried to lift the mood a bit. "And then I can teach him if he'd be interested." he laughed.

"You speak English?"

"English, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese and level higher than the very basics of French, German and Russian... I do business sunshine, had to learn quite a lot." Woohyun grinned. His knowledge of languages was one of the things he prided himself in. "What about you?"

"Well...English, somewhat... that and basics of Yue Chinese, Japanese and Tagalog... and barest need of Portuguese."

"Been to Europe?" Woohyun asked, surprised.

"No. Been to Brazil though."

"Care to share why?"

"Not really, not now anyway, but if we do miss Sungjong at the airport, Portugal is the most probable country he'd go for. He was way better at Portuguese than me. Always said he has to speak to an European native of the language at least once." Sunggyu said, smiling fondly at the memory.

"Maybe we can go there for some time if everything goes well? Maybe after the Niagara falls?" Woohyun said in serious voice before bursting out laughing.

"Idiot."

- - - - -

Sungjong got to Incheon on the day he spoke of with Hoya, who he had named in his mind as "the funny purple guy" sooner than he expected. It was only about ten past eleven when he walked through one of the less frequently used entrances, being as heavily disguised without alerting the airport's guards as possible. He could not risk being held somewhere for any amount of time. They had people everywhere. Police was a sure thing to be infiltrated.

As Sungjong mused he caught something black in his peripheral vision. Looking the way he however saw no one wearing that colour in amount which would alert him so.

It did not help him to be much calmer.

It really did not. 

- - - - -

"Almost there." Hoya, who took the position of the driver announced when it was nearing quarter to twelve.

"Finally." Sunggyu muttered. He was pretty nervous about how this whole action would go. He had a feeling in his guts that it won't go anywhere near easy... and knowing that the other two people in the car thought so also did not help him any.

He could see it in their faces. He could see that even under Woohyun's smiles there was something tense. Somethng which was fearing of failure.

Sunggyu really hoped that it was just some paranoia of his.... He however knew better. It was not even near possible for them to not hear of him and Sungjong being at Incheon. Especially if they put him to the task of finding and eliminating them.

Sunggyu actually pitied him. He knew just what made him so precise, so ruthless in doing his work... He just really wished that it was not that forlorn determination which L held that was set on killing him. Which Myungsoo held.

Sunggyu's thoughts slid to the person in the cell next to his as well as opposite to Sungjong's.

The only person that Sunggyu has seen L treat with anything but cool calculation or hatred. Not that L was aware of that, of course... Sunggyu still remembered that one time clearly.

-

It was late into the night that he came, switching on the light, calling out to the person that had been captured to be held in that prison way longer than Sunggyu and Sungjong had been. The thin arms which reached out of the bars were full proof of that.

"Myung?" the one who never really spoke called out as he blindly reached out to where he knew the one he called was.

"Yeollie..." the one whom Sunggyu had not heard being called anything but L whispered, voice full of emotion he had not expected the black clad man to be capable of.

"My Yeollie..." L choked out as he let the thin arms wrap around him, his own going around the thin waist. "I'll take you out of here... I swear I will."

"I know you will."

"I..."

Whatever L wanted to say has been cut off by a low sound at which L cursed. Still keeping one arm around his lover he dug a pager out of his pocket, looking at the small display.

Cursing again he cast a quick look to "Yeol" before looking down to the floor and backing off a little. He looked... ashamed.

"It's okay. Go." the boy behind the bars smiled sadly, reaching out to "Myung's" face and pulling him closer by the back of his neck to crash their lips together.

"Don't beat yourself over it." he said, placing a peck on the forehead of his slightly shorter boyfriend.

"I love you so much." L whispered to him as pulled him for last kiss.

"Love you, too."

It was only that few words which caused the one Sunggyu has only known as ruthless before to smile.

One last smile.

"I'll return."

"I'll wait."

After that the prisoner retreated back into the depths of his cell... and L schooled his features back into a mask and left.

As soon as the door behind L closed Sunggyu heard a soft voice.

"Can you not speak of that? Either of you?"

How the boy undoubtedly younger than him could have know he was awake without even looking at him he did not know, but soon Sunggyu could see Sungjong come closer to the bars of his cell, just as he himself did. Sunggyu expected his younger friend to be awake also. Sungjong also had trouble sleeping for few days whenever they were taken away... to be convinced to talk. Not a nice experience.

Seeing that Sungjong was not about to speak in this matter Sunggyu asked the question for both of them.

"Why?"

"I know you have no reason to trust me, but... Myungsoo is not bad. He's doing this because of me. Because they saw his potential... and I am his weakness." the voice trailed off. "It will get worse if you speak to anyone in here about it anyway... for him... for me... and for you also, they would expect more information."

I did not have doubts about the boy's sincerity actually... not after what he and Sungjong had just witnessed.

"Sunggyu."

"Huh?"

"My name is Sunggyu." the eldest of the current prisoners smiled weakly. "Yours?" Saying those few words was a proof of trust. After all, neither of them had known the other's name and they were in the same room for quite some time.

"Sungyeol."

"Sungjong." the youngest beeped from across the large room divided by bars and short walls, which kept the very barest of privacy into six cells. The three cells they were trapped in were the only ones usually occupied, for the others brought into that room were only needed for a short time... Maybe those were the lucky ones.

"We should sleep." Sungyeol said, looking at the lamp Myungsoo forgot to switch off and a small window... the only source of light and the only way to know whether it is day or night outside. They never switched the lamp on during the night for them. Why waste electricity?

"I guess we should." Sunggyu agreed.

But even though that was said neither of the three occupants slept that night. There was too much on their minds. They only slipped into the blackness when the exhaustion became unbearable long hours after.

-

"Are you okay?" a worried voice brought Sunggyu out of his reminiscence of past.

"What?" he focused on the face in front of him, finding it to be Woohyun's.

"We're here." Woohyun announced only, knowing that Sunggyu would not speak of what was on his mind anyway.

"Okay." Sungyu said only, climbing out of the car. His mind however still kept going back to Sungyeol. It pained him that they failed in taking him away also. If he was to go back to that hell of a place again he would only do so to help Sungyeol... and in turn Myungsoo.... Myungsoo, not L. For Myungsoo is just a boy trapped in a situation he can not get out of, Sunggyu realised. Trapped behind a mask he never wanted to wear.

That however still did not mean that he would welcome to see the "masked" boy there.

For L... has never been never someone you'd look forward to meeting.


After note: Tumblr_mfzx1d5pdc1qhnkuyo1_500_large

Sooo Sungyeol makes his grand entrance also... grand.. well.. I've got to make up for that. (->) .. Isn't it adorable just how happy he seems?

(It's funny how you can see that the sound got to Hoya and Sunggyu later... that or they have slower reflexes xD)

 

Anyway, I hope you liked the new chapter. (0w0)/  Tumblr_mbev3vdrnl1rfovzio2_250_large

I actually got struck by inspiration and wrote it way quicker than I expected. In the next chapter (which you really rather don't expect in less than a month) there will finally be the meeting you're waiting for... You'll see just how it will go. (O3o)

I really adore MyungYeol... They're my favourite pairing, actually (yeah, I AM aware that this is a WooGyu fic...  ("-w-)>) I wish I had inspiration for a storyline about them also. *sigh* .. It will come in time hopefully.

I can imagine Myung would do something like that > if he wanted to ask Yeol out xD

Excuse the poor fangirl ("-v-)

Love you all, see ya later~ ( "-.-)/