Chapter 5

Inexplicable.

 

“Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself by putting it back together.”
 
.
 
Awkward silences filled the entire atmosphere.
“More tea?” he kept his silence. She let out a weak smile and placed the tea pot back on the table while she took a deep breath and sighed.
 
-
 
As he opened the door, there stood right before him was Seohyun.
“Ah,” he said and stared at her. “Ah~” she cried as she saw him, startled. 
 
She stared at him for a minute or two before regaining her consciousness. “Who’s that~” Mrs. Kim called out from the living hall.
 
“Just some sales lady,” he replied and smirked a second or two before closing the door right in front of her. “Yah!” she pouted and knocked on the door once again. The door swung open without warning, causing Seohyun to back away.
“We are not buying anything, please leave.” He smirked once again and was about to close the door when Seohyun stopped it.
 
“Ahjuma!”
“Ah, is that Seohyun? Come on in!” this time, she stuck out her tongue at him and took off her shoes in a swift movement before making her way to the house. 
 
As she went in, she was greeted by Ahjuma and an unknown stranger, both standing and they seems like they were ready to leave. LEAVE? She frowned and stared at them.
“Yo, I am Hyun Jun nice to meet you.” Hyun Jun smiled at her while she bowed back and can’t help to be mesmerized by his features.
 
“Seohyun ah, Hyun Jun is accompanying me to the market to buy some grocery so you and Hyun Joong can stay here.”
“Eh?” she heard the door opening and closing at the same time.
“By the way, Ahjussi had gone for a chess match and won’t be home that early too.” She winked and closed the door right in front of her.
 
-
 
She sighed as she thought of that. She should have followed Ahjuma to the market, instead of staying here with this scary guy. She took a glance at him and she noticed his stare right away. Immediately, she turned away. She stood beside the couch, still and not moving like a servant waiting to be call on for duties.
 
“Yah,” she jumped a little, startled. “Aren’t your leg tired like this? Don’t you want to sit?” she looked at him and quickly settled herself next to the couch but a meter away him. It was not before long when he started speaking again.
 
 “Yah,” she kept her silence not looking at him. “Yah,”
Tsk. She was getting on his nerve. “Yah Park Seo Hyun.” She turned around with a smile plastered on her face and looked at him.
 
“Can I help you?”
“Bring me a cup of coffee.”
“But I’m not your maid.”
“Yah!” he glared at her and she quickly scrammed off to the kitchen, making a cup of coffee for him.
 
She sighed as she pours the packet of coffee powder in, the creamer and sugar. She should have just protest, or compelled herself to refrain to do anything requested by him instead of succumbing to his orders like a slave/servant. She walked out of the kitchen with the cup of coffee and placed against the table for him. After that, she immediately went back to the position of staying one meter away from him. He reached for the coffee at once and took a sip of it. She stared at him tentatively, wanting to know if the coffee she made had suited his taste or not. 
 
As he placed the cup of coffee back the table, he stared at her and she looked away. “It’s ok.” As soon as she heard that, she let out a smile. And it was not long after they went back to the awkwardness they had earlier.
 
“So…” he trailed off as she looked at him with curiosity. “I heard from mum you have been making trip every now and then to accompany them.” She nodded silently and thought for a moment. Is visiting them some sort of crime too?  He paused for a few minutes and kept his silence all the way through.
 
“Thank you,” he said but at that very moment, the sound of an airplane disrupted them. “Hmmm?” she started at him. Feeling irritated, he ignored her and went back on being quiet.
 
After a few minutes, she felt hungry and went to the kitchen to make herself some tea to drink. As she came out with her cup of tea, she couldn’t find Hyun Jong anywhere. She shrugged and roamed around the house, feeling bored. (It’s not like if the house is very big.)
 
She walked around for a few minutes looking at the pictures which were hung on the wall, placed at the desk. Out of the blue, a room caught her attention. The front door was painted blue, the colour of the sky where it hangs a sign at the door knob which wrote, “Do not disturb!” Out of curiosity, she turned the knob and stepped in the room.
 
“Sorry for intruding,” she whispered and smiled looking around the room, fascinated by the surrounding area.
 
The room was capacious, the wallpaper of the room was a picture of the wide blue sky, and everything was mostly in blue and white. And in addition, the bed sheet was a picture of the sunset! It was perfect, a room where Seo Hyun always dreamt to have.  A picture frame caught her attention. Inside, there was a picture of Yeo Hee and Hyun Joong smiling and laughing away. She held the picture frame up and smiled towards them.
 
“They must have been so happy that time.” Her smiled slowly faded away when she suddenly thought of Hyun Joong’s words.
 
“She was the one that Yeo hee gave her heart to, she was the one who made your daughter die, and she was the one who took away your family happiness!”
“She was the one who took away my happiness…”
“You are a pest.” “A pest,”“Pest,”
 
“Yeo Hee Unnie,” lowering her head, she shut her eyes closed. “Yah!”
 
Seo Hyun jumped, taken aback by the voice. Without warning, the photo frame slipped from her hands and down to the floor, smashed into pieces of shattered glass frame. She gasped and looked at the person who had just given her a shock. “Yah what are you-.” Hyun Joong stopped abruptly when he saw the shattered picture frame lying on the floor.
 
He walked passed her and in a swift moment, he felt his blood boiling. His memories with Yeo Hee, the picture where he had last taken with her!
 
“I am sorry,” she ran towards him and tried to pick up the broken photo frame but in an instant, her hands was being push away by Hyun Joong.
“Get out,” she stared at him, legs stood rooted to the ground. Tears were already filled at the brim of her pair of eyes. “I-.”
“Get out!” he yelled towards her. “NOW!” 
 
As she backed away slowly, a tear dripped down to her cheeks. “I am sorry,” was the only word she could think of saying. With that, she grabbed her things and ran out of the room and house leaving him there alone.
 
“Ah Seo-.” Mrs Kim stopped abruptly when they bumped into Seo Hyun with moist and red eyes. “I am sorry Ahjuma,” she bowed and ran away as fast as she could.
“What happen?” Hyun Jun looked at her and she sighed helplessly.
 
As she came to a stop, she leaned against a nearby wall and sank down to the ground.
 
“I am just a troublemaker, a pest…”
.
.
.
 
 
Hyun Joong is so bad ~
**Ah, I am addicted to the song Intuition by CnBlue. Keekeke :>