Chapter 4

Inexplicable.
“Hating the truth won't make a lie any sweeter.”
 
.
 
Awkward silence filled the atmosphere where the both of them were walking. Hyun Joong frowned deeply with his eyes closed, enduring the sound of footsteps coming behind him. He stopped abruptly causing the person that is following him silently, to stop too.
 
“Yah!” he turned and looked at the lady standing right before him, with his umbrella on one of her hand.
“Stop following me,” silence.
 
“Didn’t I give you the umbrella already? Stop being like a leech.”
“Uhm,” her voice waver. “What?”
 
“My house is also this way,” she lowers her head, as if she did something wrong waiting for someone to reprimand her or something. He run his hands through his wet hair and sighed. He still can’t believe that she helped out this girl, handing her his own umbrella and end up getting drenched in the rain in return.
 
He started to continue walking back home with her following him behind. Nevertheless, few minutes later he groaned in frustration and stopped in his tracks once again. He turned back and began to walk towards her. As if afraid that he would hit her or something, Seohyun shut her eyes closed, well prepared. However she felt his presence passing by her and as she opened her eyes and looked, she was surprise to see him standing not far away but just right behind her. He gave her a soft push and she was pushed few steps right in front.
 
“I dislike people who walk behind me,” she kept her silence and as if she had nothing else to say, she started walking slowly ahead with him behind her right now.
 
.
 
They both kept their silence and walked back home. After a few minutes or so, Hyun Joong groaned in frustration and stopped abruptly in his tracks which made her stop too.
 
“Yah,” silence.
“How long are we going to be like this?” more silence. “Yah Kim Yeohee!”
 
She pouted and still, she kept her silence ignoring him as a form of punishment for making her angry few minutes ago. He sighed and walked towards her but then passed her. As he stood behind her, she frowned. “I dislike those people who walk behind me,” he smirked.
 
She shrugged and walked ahead without him first. “Yah!”
 
.
 
He was being snapped back to reality and as he stared at the person right in front of him, her back view looks exactly like Yeohee’s.
 
“Yeo-.” He stopped abruptly.
As he clenched his fist, he breathed in deeply and thought that he should stop doing that by now. He can’t be always looking at Seohyun, that girl and thinking that she is Yeohee.
 
“Yah,” silence.
As he quicken his pace and almost matched hers, she started to walk ahead quickly too. “Yah!”
 
“Park Seohyun!” She stopped abruptly in her tracks and kept her silence. Out of the sudden, she turned to face him and without saying anything she passed the umbrella back to him.
“I am extremely sorry!” she bowed towards him.
 
As soon as she finished her sentence, she started to walk off to another direction. “Yah,”
“Sorry, I won’t be disturbing you anymore!” she yelled and started to run and it was not long after she disappeared into one of the houses at the streets.
 
He stared at the scene right before him and let out a soft laugh.
 
-
 
She closed the door right in front of her and as she rested her back against it, she let out a sigh. That was pretty scary, she thought. Nevertheless, behind his façade he seems nice, due to the fact that he still came looking for her when it was raining so heavily and in addition, he lend her his umbrella.
 
A smile curled on her lips as she made her way to her room.
 
-
 
Few weeks have passed and she have been making trip to Yeohee Unnie house almost every day to pay a visit to her parents. She would sometimes bring fruits, health items or some board games so that she could play it together with them. Being alone without the company of your daughter or anyone to play with or could entertain you to, is extremelyboring and somewhat lonely. Seohyun knows the kind of feeling where most elderly normally experience that’s why she often make trips down to their house to keep them entertain.
 
On the other hand, it also have been few weeks since Seohyun last saw Hyun Joong and although she would sometimes think about him, where or what he is doing, she would normally shrugged off the feeling or ignored it.  
 
“Yah Park Seohyun, when are you going to pay the rental fee?” someone interrupted her thoughts, pulling her back to earth. The landlord stood before her, staring at her.
“Eh~” she cried and backed few steps away from him. “But I thought I gave you the fee for the first month just a few weeks ago when I just came?”
 
“That’s just the interest, miss.” The landlord replied and with a soft hit on her head, he walked passed her.
“But Kyunsang Oppa,” she plea. “I don’t have sufficient money with me right now and plus I am not working and-.”
 
“And you keep spending your money on some useless items and give them away to some bunch of people that you are not familiar with.” He sat down on the couch of her house and folded his arms.
“I know them!” she snapped but felt his glare afterwards and kept her silence.
“Can you give me 2-3weeks grace until I found a job? I will start searching for it, I promise!” she grinned at him.
 
“Only 3weeks alright.” He sighed and made his way out of her house.
 
She sighed in relief and sank down to the couch. It was not long after, and there was a knock on the door. She receives an envelope and she thanked the man before he left.
“Love letter for me?” she giggled at the thought of that but as soon as she opened the letter she immediately put it back.
 
She closed one of her eyes and opened the letter slowly once again. $$$$$ - her bills!
“No, no, no, no!” she grimaced at the thought of it and tore the paper into pieces. “Oh no, I tear it. Ah~”
 
She ran into her room and it was not long before she came out with a tape on her hand and she taped it back carefully. She heaved a sigh of relief and rested back against the couch once again.
“I need a job,” she pouted at the thought of that and sighed. As she looked at the time of the clock hanging right in front of her, she gasped. She needs to go visit!
 
-
 
The both of them stood outside of the door waiting for it to be opened.
 
“Yo Auntie!” Hyun Jun grinned and smiled at her as she opened the door. “Mum,”
“Oh Hyun Jun and Hyun Joong, the both of you are here. Come in.” she smiled and led them inside of the house.
 
-
 
As she strolled along the streets making her way to the house, she sighed. The word “job” and “money” was all over her head.
 
No job= no money.
No money= can’t buy anything.
When you can’t buy anything= there will be no gift for Yeohee’s mum and dad.
When there is no gift for them = unhappiness and awkwardness!
When there is unhappiness and awkwardness= she will not be happy.
When she is not happy= people will not be happy too.
When people are not happy = it will make her miserable.
When she is miserable = people will be miserable too.
When people become miserable = will affect the other people.
When it affect other people to be miserable= everyone is miserable.
When everyone miserable = there is no life!
 
So overall, no money means a sigh of doom! She sighed. It means she is doom! As she approached the house slowly, she slapped herself softly to re-adjust her posture and facial expression and was prepared to go in. She knocked the door and a smile was plastered on her face.
 
-
 
They were chatting happily when out of the blue, someone knocked the door. Hyun Joong got up and made his way to the door. “I will get it,” he yelled.  
As he opened the door, there stood right before him was Seohyun.
 
“Ah,” he said and stared at her. “Ah~” she cried as she saw him, startled. 
.
.
.
 
Kekekeke, enjoy. ^^
-