Chapter 2

Inexplicable.

 

“How can you forget someone so easily who gave you so much to remember?”

.

Without warning, he grabbed her by her wrist and stared at her. That overwhelming sensation is coming back again; the feeling of being connected to this particular person that he never ever met before. It was like déjà vu.
She winced in pain and tried to struggle free, and at that moment, he releases his grip and apologized.

“Do I know you?” her voice trembles a little, sounding afraid.
“Do you,” he paused searching for the right word to say. “Do you know Yeo Hee?”

He regretted it as soon as he said that. How could a stranger he just met out of nowhere could possibly know his dead girlfriend that had passed away two years ago?

“Hmmm, you know Yeo Hee Unnie?”

He stared at her. “I’m her boyfriend,”
“Really?” she smiled in delight.

“Are you staying with her together?” He furrowed his eyebrow and stared at her.

“Uh, I heard that she’s not leaving with Aunt -. I meant her parents.”
“Don’t you know,” he stared at her, his expression was hard and cold. “She’s already dead.”

The curled on her lips vanish at that very moment and she stood rooted to the ground.

-

He came out of his bathroom, with fresh clothes and collapsed immediately onto his bed. “…Eh, but Aunt Yeo said that Yeo Hee Unnie is in a very beautiful place right now and is extremely –.”

He sighed as he glanced towards his desk, where he placed a photo framed in white with red and pink love and hearts stickers showing, a beautiful lady smiling in delight and staring towards the camera. He sighed before he prided himself to sleep, attempting not to think about her anymore.

-

“She’s already dead.”
“Eh, but Aunt Yeo said that Yeo Hee Unnie is in a very beautiful place right now and is extremely –.” She stop abruptly, biting her lips in misery to refrain herself from crying.

He glanced at her, slowly leaning closer to her. As his lips travel down to her ear, she shut her eyes tightly. “You’re a pest,”
As soon as she opened her eyes, she found him staring down at her. He smirked before making his way back home.

-

“…You’re a pest.”

She shut her eyes tightly and tried hard not to think of that. She breathed in deeply and tried to calm herself down. At the thought of Yeo Hee Unnie, tears brimmed in her pair of bright eyes. Even though she never met her before, she kind of felt connected to her somehow.

She turned to the other side of her bed and sighed. Tomorrow she will pay a visit to Aunt and Uncle Yeo once more. She smiles to herself before drifting off to deep sleep.

- //next day.

Sitting down onto his bed thinking about yesterday incident, he got pissed off. He breathed in deeply and tried to suppress his rising irritation. The more he thought about it, the angrier he gets. He sighed and struggled off the feeling, making his way slowly to his destination, hoping to know the truth about it.

-

She washed up, got dressed and smiled, feeling pleased with herself as she look into the mirror.

-

The old lady strolled towards the door and opened it slowly, welcoming him inside of the house.

-

They kept their silence but they both knew exactly what the other party was thinking about.

-

As soon as she reached, she saw the door opening. She furrowed his eyebrow and made her way in.

“Ah, Aunt–.” she stopped abruptly when she saw Hyun Joong inside.

The old woman stared at him for a long period of time but she kept her silence. He stared back; fully know what she was going to say.

“You were the on—”
“Yes,” she breathed in deeply to calm herself down.

Siding the girl that killed her daughter was unusual but at the very moment upon seeing Seohyun, she can’t help but feeling a twinge of sensation towards her.

“Mum, she was the one that Yeo hee gave her heart to, she was the one who made your daughter die, she was the one who took away your family happiness!” his voice grew louder after every minute and his blood was boiling. “She was the one who took away my happiness…” he trailed off and sighed.

He couldn’t understand why she was helping her; an unknown stranger that causes the demise of her own blooded daughter. From the corner of her eyes, Seohyun bit her lips in misery to refrain herself from crying. She didn’t know that she had causes so much trouble and she didn’t even know that Yeo hee Unnie was dead until yesterday.

“She is a good girl Hyun Joong,”
“Oh my god, of course she is! She took Yeo hee’s heart for goodness sake!”

Seohyun gasped softly and jumped, startled, as she dropped the fruit of basket accidentally.

-

She roamed aimlessly along the streets in the midst of the torrent rain, drenched from head to toe. She was quavering from the coldness that the howling wind had gave her but she didn’t bother. All she could only think of was Yeo hee Unnie. She had cruelly took away someone’s life to replace hers and unknowingly, shattering a family and snatching away someone’s happiness. She was the bane of everything that had happened today. Without knowing, she felt her strength ebbing away as she sank down onto the ground.

“I killed Yeo Hee Unni,”

She stuttered as tears cascade down her cheeks quietly. She wrapped her arms with her body as she began to shake uncontrollably trying hard not to make a sound, but failed to.

-

“You must have hurt her badly.”
“I don’t care,”

He sighed as he felt her stare at the back of him. “I’m leaving; I will be coming back next week due to my schedule.”
.
.
.
 
 
** School has been a great haste &, 24-hours a day is seriously not enough /:  
-