Chapter 3

Inexplicable.
“True love stories do not have any happy ending like most stories does.”
 
.
 
Out of the misty window, sound of droplets falling through the leaves could be heard. He stared out of the building for a few minutes, like as if he was in some kind of trance. The howling wind blew strongly across the role of trees lined up opposite of his house, while the sound by the paltering of the rainwater on the frosted glass pane could be heard, as if wanting to enter the room of darkness and loneliness.
 
“Oppa..!”
 
.
 
“Oppa, you are always like that! Why can’t you be more reasonable and understanding?” she yelled, tears brimmed in her pair of eyes.
 
“Yah! So now I am being unreasonable, so now I do not understand anything ?!”
“Oppa, you’re acting like a child. Can’t you grow up?”
“So now you should be regretting being with me because I am childish. I am unreasonable right? So why don’t you choose another guy over me?”
“I didn’t say that. You are putting words in my mouth.”
 
“Araso, why don’t you just leave?” he bellowed, signaling the door to her.
 
She sighed in disappointment and left, closing the door with a thud. He sank down onto his couch and groaned in frustration. Running his hands through his hair, he closed his eyes and sighed. The sound of thunder disrupted him. As he looked out at the misty window, he found out that it was raining heavily outside. She didn’t have an umbrella with her, plus she wore thin material which was at a disadvantage with this cold and raging weather. In addition, she wasn’t feeling well due to the fact that she was already sick.  
 
He paused for a moment before grabbing a coat with him and an umbrella, rushing out of his house front door.
 
.
 
Out of the sudden, the thunder disrupted his recollections and as he glanced out of his window once again, the rain isn’t subsidizing. Instead, it’s becoming heavier and heavier. He sighed and grabbed an umbrella before rushing out of his house front door.
 
-
 
As she got out from the provision shop with a cup of ice-cream on her hand and her umbrella over her head, she spotted Hyun Joong at the corner of her eye.
 
“Ah, Hyun Joong!” he was panting heavily from all the running and was drenched too.
“What happen to you? Do you know Kyu Joong and I have been looking all over for you? I even miscall-.”
“Seowon, have you seen a girl this short, hair shoulder length, wearing uhm, flowery pattern dress?”
 
Before Seowon could even answered, he groaned in frustration and ran off to another direction in turn to search for that mysterious lady.
 
“Ah, Oppa.” She sighed.
 
-
 
Feeling the droplets of what seems to soon be endless raindrops, she could feel it hitting her bare skin. She was tired of crying. She cried for what seemed hours and hours, and she no longer knew how long she has been on the streets by herself. Shedding tears wasn’t going to help her anyway. It won’t bring back Yeo Hee Unnie’s life. But she just can’t help it, what is she meant to do? She sat on the grass, in a daze, undaunted by the looks of the passer-by, walking pass the Han River.
 
It was raining so heavily that the distant images she is seeing became no more that blurry outlines.
 
-
 
His temples were throbbing madly. Sweat dripped from the side of his forehead and he leaned against the wall to catch his breath. Where in the world could she be?
 
.
 
“Yah,” she turned around and saw him panting heavily with sweat dripping down from his forehead. She folded her arms and ignored him.
“Do you know it is raining heavily outside?!” he yelled, walking towards where she is.
“I don’t care,”
 
She stood up unsteadily and wobbly and was about to walk passed him when he pulled her into a hug. “Silly,” he her wet hair and sighed. “You are always making me worry.”
She pouted and kept her silence. “How do you know where I was?”    
 
“Because I am smart,” he smirked. “The Han River is like your second home.” He smiled.
 
.
 
“The Han River…”
 
-
 
“Oppa, oppa!” Seowon called and said.
“You found Hyun Joong?”
“I spotted him near the streets right beside a provision shop. It seems like he is looking for a lady or something.”
“Looking for a lady?”
“Yeah, it seems like he is quite concern about her. I don’t know.”
 
He hung up his phone and sighed. Other than Yeo Hee, who could he be concern to? 
 
-
 
She stared at the wide open sky where rain water is falling from above and sighed. “Umma,”
 
“Yah,”
 
She turned around and was surprise to see Hyun Joong panting heavily right in front of her. She was afraid of being yelled again, she was afraid of being scolded again. She got up slowly and began running away to the other direction, away from him.
 
“Yah, Park Seohyun!”
 
Huffing and panting, she stopped and leaned against a nearby wall. She squat down on the ground helplessly and shut her eyes tight. She waited for a minute or two till she heard complete silence. She let out a sigh of relief and sat down on the ground then.
 
Out of the sudden, she heard footsteps and she felt someone’s presence covering her. She didn’t look up nor didn’t she care. The person squatted down to match her height. She opened her eyes slowly and found Hyun Joong looking at her.
 
“Do you know it is raining heavily outside?” she kept her silence and looked away. He sighed and stood up. As he held his hand towards her, she looked back in curiosity.
“Come on, do you want to get sick?”
 
She paused and thought for a moment before she decides to trust him. Slowly and steadily, she held his hand and he pulled her up gently. 
.
.
.
 
 
** Sorry for the waiting, people /: Enjoy. ^^
-