Chapter 10.

Inexplicable.
“Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans fires.”
 
.
 
So the ‘incident’ had been over for weeks and Hyung Joong and Seohyun relationship with each other gets gradually better and better each day.
 
Streaks of light shone through the window and down on Seohyun’s face. She squinted her eyes a little and then got up slowly and steady from her bed. Looking across the clock which was placed on her table, she yawned and got out from bed. She went straight to the bathroom, washed up, bath and then changed into a new of clothes after that. Looking in the mirror and putting on her makeup, she sighed.
 
“But seohyun,” she looked at Mrs Kim in curiosity. “Hyun Joong has not been coming for close to two to three weeks now. And the problem is he hadn’t said anything about not coming about the last visit.” Seohyun nodded silently, listening to her.
 
“So I was hoping you could pay a visit to his house,”
“But…” she trailed off and pondered.
 
Even if their relationship between each other had gradually gotten better, it still doesn’t mean that she is comfortable around him. It would still be very awkward.
 
“So it’s an okay right!” Mrs Kim interrupted her even before she could even reply. “I knew you would agree!”
 
After she was done, she smiled to herself in the mirror for one last time and made her way out of the house. I can do this. Since Hyun Joong house was quite near hers, it took Seo hyun around ten to fifteen minutes to reach his house.  
 
Upon standing right in front of the front door, she took a deep breath and exhaled. Alright. She knocked on the door twice, since she thought that her first knock was too soft.
 
After a few minutes, the door opened and there stood Hyun Joong leaning against it with both of his eyes closed. “Oppa?”
 
“Why are you here?” the coldness in his voice sent shivers down her spine. “Uhm, I am here to see you!” she grinned and held the basket of fruits right in front of him.
 
“Tell Umma that I am not feeling well and will only be visiting her next week.” She looked at him, slightly startled. “Eh you are sick?”
 
“Now are done here, bye.” Just as he was about to close the door, Seo hyun stopped him abruptly. “Wait!” Hyun Joong sighed in frustration and stared at her while she blushed and stared back. Without warning, he took the basket of fruits which she held on her hand and gave a weak smile.
 
“Thank you for your fruits k, bye.”  Nevertheless, Seo hyun stopped him once again and pouted. Hyun Joong sighed once again and walked back into the house in silent while Seo hyun closed the door and followed behind. He placed the basket of fruits in his kitchen and then glanced at her. Leaning against the wall, he closed his eyes, as if feeling tired and asked. “What do you want?”
 
“Ehm…” she trailed off trying to come up with an answer to that. “I am not the one who wants to come here during my off day and look at you alright.” She said and then regretted it as soon as the words come out from . “Nono, I didn’t mean to be rude but,” she thought for a moment and then sighed. Why is this so hard? “I mean Ahjuma was the one who asked me to come since she said that you have not been visiting her quite some time now and…” she trailed off and then frowned. Why isn’t he speaking?
 
“Oppa?” She asked and without warning, Hyun Joong collapsed right in front of her. Fortunately, she grabbed him just in time before he hit the floor. Nevertheless, at the touch of his skin, his entire body feels so hot. Her hand then brushed against his forehead for a moment before realizing that he had a fever.
 
“Ah~” she cried and grimaced.
 
Trying to carry him wasn’t an easy task since he wasn’t light at all. Hence, it took her some time before she finally placed him on his bed. It took her sometime to ensemble things like wet towel to sponge his forehead, water, medicine, thermometer, etc. Finally when she was done, she smiled to herself and made her way out of the room.
 
“Don’t go,” she was being stopped abruptly by a hand and with her heart beat pounding wildly, mind in a blank, she turned back and saw Hyun Joong’s hand around her wrist. With both of his eyes still close, she struggled and tried to free herself but then, she felt his grip tightening around her wrist. “Don’t go…” he mumbled once again.
 
Heart pounding so hard and fast, like it is going to pop out of her chest any time now, her hands then travelled slowly towards his face. As she stared him; his eyes were closed, his breathing would synchronizewith the rise and fall movement of his chest, his soft and gentle expression while sleeping so peacefully, yet all these small little details could make her heart beat so fast. Why? Her hands are now just a few centimetres away from his face. She doesn’t know why but she wanted to touch him so badly, just one small touch, even a brush will do.
 
“Yeohee…”at the sound of his voice, her hands stopped abruptly just right in front of his cheeks. Without warning, tears started to cascade down her cheeks like waterfall.  Startled by her own actions, she pulled back hard and frees herself from Hyun Joong’s grip. Without warning, she ran out of the room in tears. Closing the door right in front of her, she sank down to the floor and with her back leaning against the door, she buried her face in her hands and bawl. She doesn’t know the reason why she suddenly cried. Was it because of the sound of Yeo Hee Unnie’s name?  Why does she felt a stab of guiltiness in her heart right now? Why is her heart hurting right now?  And most importantly, why does her heart beat increase whenever she stares or get close at Hyun Joong? She couldn’t remember how long she cried or how long has she sat there on the floor in a daze, all she could think of at that time was only Hyun Joong.
-
so sorry for the long update. hehe. enjoy ~