Chapter 12.

Inexplicable.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
 
-
 
Hyun Joong placed the cup of tea down onto the table and began. “So, what brings you here?” Nara smiled and kept her silence as if trying to think before she speaks. Not long after she had fully scanned around the house, she placed the cup of tea down and cleared . “Just here for a visit.”
 
Hyun Joong stared at her and kept quiet. “Two years,” she sighed. “Anyway, I was thinking of moving back here.”  Nara stared at him and smiled.
 
Seohyun on the other hand, was in the room (well, hyun joong demanded her to stay in the room) staring into spaces.  She couldn’t understand why she couldn’t be at the living room with them. Well, it was just a talk anyway. She walked towards the door slowly and hesitated, whether or not should she listen to their conversation. Wouldn’t that be ‘eavesdropping?’ She groaned softly in frustration as she backed a few steps back and sat down on the bed.
 
“Are you not staying at a hotel?”
“I want to move back here, Oppa.” Nara looked at Hyun Joong and said. “Can’t I?”

Swiftly at that very moment, Nara knocked over the cups of tea that were being placed on the table. She then felt a hot sharp sensation as the hot tea was then being spilled on her hands. She winced in pain as Hyun Joong quickly took a few piece of wet tissues and damped it on her hand.
 
“Does it hurt?” he asked glancing back at her a few times while damping her now, scalded slight red hands.
 
The sound of cups knocking against each other caused Seohyun to get up and out of the room. As she opened the door, she saw the two of them together.
 
“You should know the reason why I’m back here,” Nara began as she stared at Hyun Joong.
 
He stopped damping the tissues on her abruptly. He clutched the pieces of tissues in his hand and got up but was being stopped abruptly by Nara as she wrapped her arms around his waist, embracing him from behind.
 
“I miss you…”
 
Looking at the scene right in front of her, Seohyun tried hard not to make a sound so that she could leave quietly but failed to do so as she took a step forward, the sound of her footsteps on the floor could be heard. The both of them looked right towards her direction and Nara released her arms around Hyun Joong slowly.
 
“A-Ah, I…” she paused for a while as if trying to search for the right word to say while swallowing the small little lump she felt in . “I will go and get burn cream from the nearby store right away!” and as soon as she said that, with a faint smile, she left the house quickly.
 
From a distant, Hyun Joong could clearly see Seohyun avoiding his eye-contact and in addition, he could vaguely see her eyes blinking away with tears. Without warning, he felt a twinge of pain in his heart. Why? He was about to chase after her when he was being held back by a pair of hand.
 
“Don’t go…” Nara trailed off and as Hyun Joong stared back at her, he sighed.
 
Seohyun walked along the streets slowly while biting her lips in misery, refraining herself from crying. She breathed in deeply and managed a weak smile to herself. As she stared at the reflection of herself from the shops window, she sighed. She shouldn’t be acting this way. Why is she even crying?
 
She managed to calm herself down before entering the convenient store to buy a tube of burn cream. She was about to pay when she dug her hands in her pockets for money and remembered she didn’t have it. She rushed out in a hurry and forgotten to grab some money.
 
“Hello miss?” she looked up and found the person at the counter staring down at her. Without knowing what to say, she kept quiet for a few minutes and pretended that she was looking for her money in her pockets. She pouted a little and was thinking of refunding the item when she felt a presence right in front of her.
 
She looked up and saw Hyun Jun standing right in front of her and paying the item. Startled a little, she looked at him paying the items, and as he saw her looking at him, he smiled.
 
“Thank you, please come again.” The person at the counter looked at them and said. Hyun Jun grabbed the item and then walked away; however, Seohyun was still standing there and looking at him leaving.
 
Hyun Jun shook his head and smiled, went back and grabbed her hands, pulling her along with him as they leave.
 
At the exact same time as the both of them left, turning to the left side of the street, Hyun Joong came walking out from the other right side of the street and entering the convenient store looking for Seohyun but nonetheless, couldn’t find her at all.
 
As the both of them strolled along the streets, Hyun Jun looked at Seohyun and asked. “What happen?”
 
Startled by the sudden question, she smiled a little and shook her head. “Oh, thanks for saving me earlier on Oppa.”  Hyun Jun laughed. “You would also do the same thing for me wouldn’t you?” she nodded.
 
At that very moment, Hyun Jun’s phone rang. “Ah Ahjussi, now?” he looked at his watch and back at Seohyun. Seohyun stared at him tentatively and smiled. “Should be alright, I’ll be hanging up now. Welcome!” and as soon as he hung up his phone, he stared at Seohyun and an evil grin appears on his face.
 
“Oppa?” Seohyun raised an eyebrow and looked at him. “Want to do me a favor?” he asked.
 
On the other side, Hyun Joong sighed as he collapsed onto the field of grass right in front of the Han River. He thought Seohyun would be here, but she wasn’t here. As he stared at the wide blue sky above him, the glaring sun made his eyes squint a little. Covering half of his face with the back of his hand, he closed his eyes and immediately the image of Yeohee comes straight to his mind.
 
The image of her wasn’t very clear, it was blurred like those camera lens. Nevertheless, he knew it was her right from the start. How could he know not? He hugged her countless times, held her in his arms, kisses her umpteen times, the sensation she gave him would never be wrong.
 
However, as the blurred image of Yeohee became closer and clearer, he frowned a little. It really didn’t felt like Yeohee anymore. There was something weird about her. She was crying. Why? And as a tear dripped down her face, everything became clear. Startled, Hyun Joong jolted up a little, opening his eyes, he felt his heart thumped a little faster than usual.
 
The lady wasn’t Yeohee at all. It was Seohyun. The image of Seohyun crying right in front of him.
 
Did something bad happen? He shrugged off the uneasy feeling. He got up and tried looking for Seohyun once again.
 
-
 
“Yaaaaaaa!” Seohyun screamed and ran after a small little boy who looks around four to five years old and was running away from her.
 
“Caught you, Won Ha!” Seohyun caught him in her arms and laughed evilly. “Now I’m going to eat you! Oh nom nom!”
“No!” Won Ha yelled and tried to free himself from her grip. “Hyun Jun Hyung! Help me!”
 
From a distance, Hyun Jun sat on the bench at the park and laughed. He can’t help but to realize how Seohyun looks so beautiful when she smiles. He got up and walked over, snatching Won Ha over from Seohyun and smirked while Seohyun pouted. As he carried him in his arms, he smiled. “Come on, time to take a rest.”
 
They settled down on the seat while Won Ha gulped down his water, thirsty. “Had fun?” Seohyun nodded and drank some water too.
 
“I never had so much fun in a while.” She laughed while making faces towards Won Ha. “You always babysit?” Hyun Jun nodded. “Whenever I have time,”
 
“Won’t you feel tired?”
“Na. I like kids so it’s okay. They are my source of energy.” Hyun Jun chuckled while looking at Won Ha.
 
“Right Won Ha?” Hyun Jun winked. Won Ha ran over to Seohyun’s side and looked away. “No! I like Seohyun Nuna now!
 
“Ya! You this kid!” Hyun Jun cried and carried him up and without warning, he tickled him. “No!” Won Ha cried.
“Nuna! Seohyun Nuna help me!” Seohyun laughed and signaled Hyun Jun to stop.
 
Without warning, someone interrupted them abruptly. Hyun Joong.
 
-
 
Hyun Joong’s side of the story,
 
Looking for Seohyun wasn’t an easy task. He didn’t really know where she would go other than the Han River. He went back to the place where the convenient store which was located at and then tried searching places which is near there too.
 
As he came closer to a park, he suddenly heard someone’s scream and the voice sounded like Seohyun’s. With his heart pumping fast, he thought that something must have happened to her. He ran towards the sound of the voice and upon reaching there, right on spot, he saw Seohyun but… playing with a little kid?
 
And not far away from them, sitting on the bench was Hyun Jun. As he approached them even nearer, he saw Seohyun and the little kid making his way towards where Hyun Jun was sitting.
 
As they settled themselves on the seat, Seohyun and Hyun Jun looks like they were chatting and all at once, he saw Seohyun making funny faces towards the little kid and laughing away so happily.
 
He didn’t know why but he didn’t really felt that good looking at Seohyun laughing so happily with the little kid and most of all, Hyun Jun. He clutched his fist and walked towards their direction immediately.
 
-
 
Stunned upon seeing Hyun Joong right in front of her, Seohyun backed a few steps back slowly and avoided his stare.
 
“Oh hyung! Why are you-.” Hyun Jun didn’t even manage to finish his sentence when Hyun Joong cuts him off by raising his voice at Seohyun. “Where the hell were you?”
 
At the same time, Won Ha got startled a little by this unknown stranger standing right in front of him too, and hid a little behind Seohyun’s back while staring up at him. Still avoiding Hyun Joong’s stare, she kept her silence and patted gently on Won Ha’s head trying to calm him down.
 
“Ah Hyung, what happen?” Hyun Jun stood in front of Seohyun and looked at Hyun Joong. “Why are you acting this way? You are scaring both Seohyun and the kid.”
 
As Hyun Joong took a glance at both of them, he sighed. “Come on, let’s go.” Seohyun looked up at Hyun Joong. “What?” without warning, he grabbed her wrist and dragged her along with him.
 
“W-What are you doing? Let go of me!” Seohyun struggled and tried to break free, pushing his hands away from her wrist but he tightened it around instead causing her to wince in pain.
 
“Ah hyung!” Hyun Jun tried to chase after them but then stopped abruptly, watching them leave. “That man is such a baddie!” Won Ha cried and tried to chase after them but Hyun Jun stopped him just in time.
 
“Come on, time to go back.”
“But Seohyun Nuna,” Hyun Jun laughed. “That won’t be the last time you see her.”
 
On the other side, both Seohyun and Hyun Joong walked in silence, none of them willing to speak. As Seohyun stared at Hyun Joong who was still walking, his hands were still gripping tightly around her wrist. She grimaced slightly at the slight pain and sighed. She never knew what Hyun Joong is thinking. He is so hard to read.
 
And all along, the both of them kept their silence. Seohyun didn’t even bother to ask where they were going since she knew it would be pointless. And finally, they reached their destination.
 
“Eh, isn’t this the Han River?” Seohyun suddenly began. Finally, Hyun Joong let go of her wrist and headed to the field of grass and laid down there. Seohyun frowned a little and hesitated for a while whether or not to sit right beside him but at last she did.  
 
She walked towards him slowly and then sat on the field of grass, next to him but few meters away. As she stared at the sky which is turning reddish-orange right above her, she smiled slightly, feeling the breeze brushing through her hair and skin.
 
“Don’t laugh like that when you are with Hyun Jun next time.” Hyun Joong began out of the sudden causing her to frown. She didn’t really get what he meant.
 
“What?” however before she could get to continue her next sentence, she felt Hyun Joong’s lips pressing against hers softly out of the blue and she widened her eyes in shock.
 
SorrySorrySorry,
Anyway big thanks to all of you who still continues supporting this story. T.T
Next update will be in a week since I'm having my exams right now. I PROMISE!