Teaser Four: Introduction

♫ ♬ Enchanted ♬ ♫ ( SM Entertainment ) HIATUS UNTIL END OF DEC

 

Five Months Ago:

Young Min was sitting in his office watching something on TV. He bopped his head to the music, and was proud of himself and his staff for making a great successful rookie group that made their debut in both China and Korea. He called his newly made group, EXO. After the song 'Mama' ended, he got up from his chair and stretched far and wide. Young Min yawned and smiled with approval as he looked out of his window at his idol groups that were just entering the building. Suddenly, there was a loud knock on his office door. 

" Come in!" He said in a loud booming voice.

The door opened, and there stood his assistant that helps him with making idol groups. Young Min put on a bored face and asked him what he wanted. His assistant didn't say anything, but he put a huge stack of folders on Young Min's desk. Young Min raised his eyebrows and looked at the stack of folders. 

" What is this for?" He asked. 

Finally, for once, his assistant opened his mouth, and said, "These are the trainees that I think should be in a group together."

Youngmin continued to look at him with a 'WTF' face, but opened the first folder. He scanned the profile with amazement, and spent a good ten minutes looking at it. He quickly picked up the second one, and read it excitedly. He continued doing the same for the others, when he heard a someone clear his throat.

" Ahem, ummm... Young Min-shi?" 

Young Min face palmed himself in his thoughts, and pretended that he didn't forget that his assistant was standing there. A man must have pride and dignity to live, he thought. " Hmm... the trainees are not that bad. Are they in this building right now?" 

" Yes. Some are currently in the practice rooms practicing on their dancing and choreography. The others are in the modeling department of the company working on their modeling skills. I heard that two of them are former supermodels. They already have some fans from that time."

Young Min stood up from where he was sitting and fixed his tie. "Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's go and meet them!" He said as he tried not to sound too excited. The two men walked to the exit and left for the practice room and modeling department. When his assistant was not looking, Young Min turned to his mirror that he hung ouside of his room and fixed his hair.

After a few minutes of walking, they stopped in front of a room that was covered with glass. Loud music was blasting from the room, and Young Min can hear feet squeaking across the floor. He loved the sound of it, because it was a sign that his trainees were working hard to prepare for a chance to debut. 

His assistant turned to face him, and whispered, " We're here."

Young Min sighed with relief, because his legs are not listening to him anymore. He wanted to collapse on the ground, but he had an image to keep. And it's not like he didn't know his way through his own company building, it's just that the company was huge and they had a lot of practice rooms, so he wasn't sure of which one to go to. 

He peered through the glass window to find eight girls that are concentrated with their dancing. Their eyes twinkled with determination, and even though they are caked with sweat, they still had huge smiles on their faces. One head turned to his direction, and her eyes widened immediately. She quickly tapped the shoulders of another girl, and she looked at Young min, too. Pretty soon, all of them noticed that their CEO was staring at them, so they ran out the room to greet him.

" Annyeonghaseyo!" A cheerful girl with brown hair said. " Why are you here?"

Young Min chuckled at her straight forward question, and saw another pretty girl poke the brunette reminding her of her manners.

The brunette quickly apologized, saying that she was lived in America most of her life with her aunt, so she wasn't used to the manners the Asian countries had.

" I don't mind." Young Min replied. He motioned his assistant to explain why they are here.

His assistant cleared his throat, and started talking in a strong voice, " The reason we are here is that some of you girls got picked to form a girl group. If we call your names, then you may immediately start packing your stuff to move into the dorms Young Min-shi has prepared for you." 

The girls' jaws dropped open.

1527863i9b8mwxouu.jpg

The next morning, Young Min and his assistant went to the modeling section of the entertainment. Four girls were doing a photoshoot for Etude House. One of them is getting her picture taken, two are sitting on the makeup chair, and the other one is getting her hair styled. The girls looked up when he entered, and immediately bowed. 

" Ni Hao!" A girl with long hair greeted happily. The three others sat there surprised. 

" Hello, girls." Young Min said back.

His assistant said, " Now, girls, I want you guys to pack your stuff."

The girl that was getting her hair styled frowned. " Why?" 

The assistant opened his mouth to speak, but Young Min cut him off. " I want you four girls to join my new girl group, Enchanted."

1527863i9b8mwxouu.jpg

Two Months Later:

Young Min signalled the noisy room to calm down. He had just called all of the idol groups to gather in a large room, as he wanted to tell them something. The idols immediately calmed down, waiting to know why Young Min called them. They hardly had meetings. And if they had meetings, it was about a 'SM Family' photoshoot or song, a new group, or a sad death. 

Young Min turned up the mic, and began to talk. " Hello everyone. I am truly sorry for taking up your time, but I have an important announcement to make. As you all know, EXO's debut was very successful, and I am proud because of that. Because they are so successful, I have decided on something." Young Min nodded at the man on the stage, and the curtains slowly revealed twelve figures.

The crowd gasped on how pretty they are, even the idols. " Dreams are magic! Annyeonghaseyo! Enchanted-imnida."

1527863i9b8mwxouu.jpg

One Month Later:

Young Min was making his monthly tour of the practice rooms when two girls caught his eye. They were singing and dancing at the same time. Young Min looked at the clock, seeing that it is five minutes before practice stops, but they didn't look ready to go. He continued to watch them sing and dance, and it sounded like angels performing in front of him.

He quickly ran back to his office, and pulled out a bunch of folders of the trainees. He went through one by one, hoping to find one that matched the two girls. After ten minutes of searching, he was ready to give up and just ask them their names, when he accidentally knocked a folder to the floor. Papers scattered out of it, so he bent to pick it up. The photo on the profile looked familiar, and it finally hit him. It was one of the two girls that he saw practicing. He stared at her profile a long time, and found the other girl's profile just under her's. He made a big decision, and he ran out the room to find them.

Young Min rushed into the practice room, and put on his 'cool' face. " What are you two ladies doing here?" He said in his deep voice. 

The two girls jumped, and quickly turned to face him. A girl with black hair spoke up first. " Umm, you see, we were practicing. Sorry about that, Young Min-shi. We won't do it again."

The other girl with light brown hair quickly nodded. " I would be lying if I said we lost track of time, because we really didn't. We wanted to practice to improve out skills, so we can maybe debut someday."

Young Min's eyes widened, he never heard of people this determined before. He told them that they can continue to do what they are doing, and left. That night, he couldn't sleep. The two girls kept popping up in his mind. He got out of his warm bed, and flipped through the profiles again. The girl with the black hair trained five years, and the light-brown one trained for six. He nodded slowly, and drifted off to sleep.

The next day, he rushed into the practice room, and saw the two girls sleeping on the floor. Young Min covered them with blankets, and quietly walked out of the room, hoping to not disturb them. The brown-haired girl noticed someone there, so she sleepily asked, " Who is it?"

Young Min stopped in his tracks, and walked back into the room where he found the two girls slowly waking up. He smiled a little, even though it didn't show, and finally said what was going in his mind all day.

" You two will be debuting along with the other twelve girls of Enchanted."