CHAPTER 9

The Guy From Across the Street

 Getting to Know The Neighbors 


On the way across the street, I was actually really nervous.

My mom had a fresh-baked pie in her hands for them and my brother dressed up but still walking like someone else.

I was worried about what I had to say.

“Hi~ I have a secret crush on you and I’ve been checking up on your presence constantly!”

That was not an option.

My mom rang the doorbell.

“Oh, hi! Good evening! Please, come on in. Come in!” the woman by the door was so nice.

“Annyeong hasaeyo!” My brother and I said in unison.

“Oh, these are my children, Kyuhyun and Jiyeon.” Our mom introduced us.

“Oh welcome! Welcome! I’m Mrs. Kim Sungji.  My son will be down in a minute.” The woman smiled.

We went inside the house and it was gorgeous. You wouldn’t really think that they had just moved in.

“Jongin-ah! Will you please stop playing and come down to meet our guests?” Mrs. Kim yelled.

It’s kind of weird having the same surname as them. It’s weird and actually funny.

“Neh, Umma!” he replied and immerged from his room.

“Ah, finally, meet my son, Jongin. Honey, they’re our new neighbors.” His mother gestured at us.

“Neh! Annyeong hasaeyo! I’m Kim Jongin!” he smiled and as he saw me, “Oh! You!” he exclaimed.

“Uh, what is it?” his mother asked.

“We’re classmates! We’ve met!” he said still smiling at me.

“Oh my gosh, he’s introducing me to his mom! *faints*”

“Neh, hi again!” I managed to say.

With that, Kyuhyun nudged my elbow and wiggled his eyebrows at me.

“Come now everyone, let’s have dinner. I’ll put this lovely pie in the kitchen.” Mrs. Kim said.

“Oh, right! Umma, how come Appa’s not here?” Kyuhyun inquired with mom.

“Hm? Oh you’re dad called and said that he might not be able to make it. He has a lot of work today.” She gently put a hand on Kyuhyun’s head.

Kyuhyun nodded in reply.

“Uhm, how about you’re dad, Jongin? Where is he?” mom asked as we were all making our way to the dining table.

“Uh, my dad passed away 5 years ago. He got really sick and I guess he could no longer take it.” Jongin managed a smile.

“Oh my, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know.” My mom apologized as Jongin was guiding her into a chair.

“It’s fine.” Jongin said still smiling.

“It must’ve been hard for you?” I chimed in.

“It was. It was hard for all of us.” Mrs. Kim had come back from the kitchen.

“But enough sadness for the night! Let’s have dinner!” she switched the mood.

The rest of the night went smoothly putting aside the fact that Kyuhyun bugged me everytime Jongin and I tried to talk.

We were by the front porch saying our goodbyes.

“Well, it was a wonderful dinner, neighbor!” Mom praised Mrs. Kim.

“Oh, it was great! I do hope we can do it some other time!” she said so cheerfully.

“Yeah, tonight was awesome Mrs. Kim! Thanks!” Kyuhyun said immerging from behind Mom.

“Good to hear it sweetie!” she smiled.

“Thank you, Mrs. Kim!” I managed to say.

“You’re very welcome Jiyeon-ie. Oh, and might I just say how thankful I am that my Jongin made a very good friend!.”

Frozen by what she had said I just smiled as Jongin was right beside his mom looking at me as well.

With his beautiful…

beautiful …

smile.

We all walked back to the house.

“Ah, I think that was decent?” Mom started.

“They were actually great.” Kyuhyun added as he was going up the stairs.

“Hmm, it was awesome.” I muttered to myself.

I was so lost with what happened.

I was so dazed.

I felt great and I loved everyth--.

“HOMEWORK! I HAVE HOMEWORK!”

It struck me. It struck me so bad. It was already 9:30 in the evening and I haven’t even started on anything!

“Crap.”

I ran up the stairs and opened my computer.

“Okay, 3 essays and one fill-in-the-blanks take home quiz. I can do this.” I hyped up myself.

I slipped into my pyjamas and just when I was about to start, there was a knock at the door.

“Yah, weirdo! Mom said I should give you some of my notebooks I never got to use. Plus I don’t really use them.” Kyuhyun was holding up his notebook as he entered my room.

I was so focused on my computer, I didn’t even look at him. “Uh, yeah sure. Thanks. Leave it there.”

“Hm, you look busy? D’you have a pen somewhere here?” he asked.

“Oh, uh yeah. Look through my bedside table. There should be a pen there.”

I was already in the middle of making my first essay. My eyes were practically glued to the screen now. I didn’t even know that Kyuhyun had already made him self comfortable on my bed.

“Do you still have a lot of homework?” he asked once again.

“It’s kinda obvious, dude.”

“Well…” he yawned.

“You should’ve done it when you got home.”

“Shut up already, Kyu! I have to finish this.”

“Yeeaahh~”

Then not another word from him.

I completely thought that he’d left my room since it was all silent.

“Haa~ Finally done!” I stretched.

12:30 AM the clock read.

“Woah, I guess I shouldn’t have distracted myself with that funny cat website.” I said to myself.

In the middle of my stretch, my bed took my attention.

“What?! Kyu?!”

He was laid so comfortably on my bed, asleep.

“Ugh, of course.” I put my hands on my hips.

“I’m too tired to go to his room and plus, his room is so messy. It’s actually not fit for any living creature.” I kept talking to myself.

I sighed. My bed is a single type one so we can’t both fit. His fat will push me off.

Then I just sat on the floor and leaned on the foot of my bed and dozed off.

MORNING

I tossed, I turned, and I pulled on my blanket.

Wait, I tossed, turned, and pulled on my blanket?!

How could I do that?!

 I’m on the flo--.

I’m on my bed.

How did I get on my bed?

Kyuhyun must’ve put me here last night.

“Hm, not as bad as I thought, bro.” I said to myself as I got up.

I came down stairs.

“Morning, Umma!”

“Goodness gracious Jiyeon! Hurry! You’re going to be late!”

“What?! What are you talking about, Mom?”

“Your brother’s left already. Now, hurry honey!”

I ran back to my room and checked my alarm clock.

“AAAAIIISSHH! That JERK! That EGGHEADED MORON! THAT *OLE! He killed my clock!”

My habit was to let my alarm clock wake me in the morning so I wouldn’t be late. I count on that clock of mine. And my butthead brother killed it! THAT’S WHY I DIDN’T WAKE UP!

I dashed in and out of the bathroom, grabbed the stuff on my bed and ran down.


I'm sorry for not updating for so long. I really just hope you guys keep reading and hopefully enjoy this story.. :)