CHAPTER 8

The Guy From Across the Street

Preparations


That afternoon, Jongin had finally made a few friends of his own. They all looked happy while chatting with one another.

Seeing him like that made me feel better somehow, because I knew that he wouldn’t be such a loner like me. I smiled to myself and started to walk home.

“Huh, I wonder where Kyuhyun is?” I asked myself. (I really shouldn’t have asked)

“YAH! LONER!” someone called out behind me.

I turned with a very sullen face to see my condescending idiot of a brother.

“Alone again?!” he teased as he swung his arm around me.

“Ha ha ha, man, I wish!” I said in gritted teeth since I couldn’t fight with him.

“If you must know, I think I might’ve made a friend!” I proudly said as we were walking together.

“Jeongmal?(really?)” it was obvious he was surprised.

“Y-yeah! I can make friends too you know! I’m human too, you moron!” I snarled.

“Hm, are you sure he’s not imaginary?” he kept teasing.

I pushed him off and said, “Of course not! I’m not insane Kyuhyun!” I yelled.

“Aw come on sis, I was just kidding.” He tried to reconcile as he reformed his arm around me.

“Khh.” I mumbled.

“Come on! I’ll race you home!” he tried to encourage me.

“What?! No.” I put him down.

“Alright, you couldn’t do it anyway.” He replied with utter confidence.

“Oh no you didn’t.” I said then dashed right off into the distance leaving him behind.

I ran as fast as I can but a tall figure just ran right passed me.

“See you home you little cheater!” Kyuhyun said without even turning around.

“Agh! That monster!” I said.

We both reached home panting and trying to catch our breaths.

“Wow, you guys must be real tired!” our mom exclaimed as she saw as while she was tending to her plants on the lawn.

“H-Hi Mom!” I tried to say as I wiped the sweat off my forehead.

“Getting a little faster there li’l sis!” Kyuhyun teased as he was already on his way inside the house.

“Aw, come on inside honey. I have something to say.” Mom said.

I came in and saw that Kyuhyun had occupied the whole sofa.

“Selfish jerk.” I mumbled as I dropped my things.

“Alright guys, the family who had just moved in invited us for dinner tonight. Can I expect you two to behave like the loving and caring siblings I know you are?” mom encouraged.

I eyed Kyuhyun who was getting up on his feet and going towards me.

“Of course, Mom!” Kyuhyun agreed at once as he hooked his arm into mine. “We’ll be your little angels~.” He added as he leaned on my shoulder.

Mom smiled and said, “Hm, alright.” Then she left for the kitchen.

Kyuhyun put his other arm on his waist while the other remained interlocked with mine.

“How about it, Sis? We’re going to be the perfect brother and sister!” he smiled so brightly it was creepy.

“Uh, yeah.” I agreed to at least get him off my personal space.

“Be ready by 7:00 alright guys?” Mom announced from the kitchen.

“Neh Umma!” I answered.

I went up the stairs and went to my room.

It was like the everyday routine. I looked at my front window to check on Jongin. Unfortunately, he wasn’t in sight. He must’ve already come home. So I just opened my laptop to go online.

I was really excited to go to dinner with the new neighbor. It meant another encounter with dear Jongin! Kya! I barely kept it in as Mom told us the news.

“Yah, weirdo.” Kyuhyun called as he had already entered my room.

“Tch, what are you doing here creeper?” I muttered without even looking at him.

“How’s school?” he nonchalantly asked as he was inspecting a stuffed bunny on my bed.

I turned my chair around and looked at him. I smiled, “Why are you asking?”

“N-nothing. I was just asking a random question. Nothing more.” He defended himself.

My smile got even wider. “Well if you must know, it’s fine.”

It’s so cute when he tries to check up on me. He just wouldn’t admit that he really is a softie.

“Stop smiling dimwit. It doesn’t look good.” He said as he threw the stuffed toy to me.

“Ugh, just admit it Kyuhyun! You’re such a softie~” I teased.

I stood up and knelt next to the bed where Kyuhyun displayed himself and took hold of his warm cheeks. “My brother is sooo sweet, it’s sickening.” I sang as he glared at me.

Without another word, Kyuhyun held out his hand and flicked my nose, ruffled my hair and left the room.

I don’t have that many friends. In fact come to think of it, I don’t think I have any at the moment. My brother played that role. He was my best friend. (Jeez, he can’t here me say that) But even under all that stupidness, that idiot brother of mine is the only one I could ask for.

I looked at the clock, “6:55” it read.

“OH MY GOSH! It’s almost 7! And I’m still in my uniform!” I exclaimed while I was still on the floor.

“Jiyeon-ah! Kyuhyun-ah! You two should be down in five minutes!” Mom said from downstairs.

“Yeah!” we both yelled in reply.


Sorry for the short update... Please keep reading it though~!!