CHAPTER 7

The Guy From Across the Street

Friends


I gave him a great big smack on the head. He responded in agony but his arm remained around my shoulders.

“Eessh! You little brat! How dare you do that to your own beloved brother?!?” He ‘speeched’.

“Aw, come on. It’s not like I haven’t done worse.” I said and rolled my eyes.

“Psh.” He grunted.

We liked walking home because it gave the two of us some serious time with each other. I guess it’s just different when we’re at home. It’s just like a battle or a war when we’re there. 

I kept looking across the street to see if Jongin had been walking home too. But no one was there. He must’ve had some sort of business or thing.

I shrugged it so I just paid attention to my brother who was blabbing about a recent prank he was so proud of.

“Umma~we’re home!” Kyuhyun shouted as we opened the door. “Jiyeon got detention!” he joked.

“YAH!” I hit his arm. “Umma, don’t believe what he said! I’m completely innocent!” I defended.

Then our mother who had an amused smile came out wiping her hands on her apron.

“Hahaha, I’ll never get tired about you too always bickering~.” She lovingly said. “Now go on and change. You two should do your homework.” She continued and went back to the kitchen.

Kyuhyun went ahead but I stuck my tongue out as he climbed the stairs and followed him.

I reached my room and heaved a sigh as I dropped my things on the floor. I went towards the window that viewed the front yard and pushed aside the curtains.

To my wonderful surprise, Jongin was just coming into his house. Before he opened the door, he looked over his shoulders and caused me to mask myself with the curtain in my hands.

“It’s not like I’m a stalker or something right?! I mean, he knows me! That can’t be stalking! R-right?

I sighed in realization that I might just be what I was describing as a stalker.

THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL

I walked to my locker to drop off a few things when I saw something that wasn’t there.

The curses, the ill words, and the other pieces of paper people always stick onto my locker. None of them were there. Usually as I come to my locker, there would be a bunch of them on it. I looked like a total nut when I actually looked for them on the ground near my locker and inside the locker itself. I also looked if they had put them on the wrongs locker instead of mine, but there was nothing!

Was this it? Have they really stopped the bullying?

I didn’t push my luck if it HAD stopped but I still searched for the pieces of paper.

“Jiyeon-ah! What are you looking for huh?” Jongin asked so kindly.

But to my embarrassment, I was repeatedly opening and closing my locker to see if the papers were really gone. Open, close, open, close~

He probably saw me like that.

“Uh…” I mumbled. “P-pieces of paper. Uhm, they were usually posted on my locker.” I replied casually and never mentioned why and what were they for.

“Oh, you’re pretty funny Jiyeon-ah! Why would you look for those type of things?!” he was partly amused and innocently.

Jongin looked so cute as he held onto his backpack’s straps on his shoulder and smiling and talking to me~ (yet again, spaz mode)

“Hmm, yeah. You’re right. Maybe I’ll get them tomorrow!” I said jokingly. Then I just put my things in the locker without another thought.

Jongin stayed there as if he was waiting for me. But as his back was turned, I saw a small yet familiar piece of paper stuck messily on his backpack.

 I stopped fiddling with my things in the locker and took the piece of paper.

I was right! It did look familiar! It was one of the usual pieces they post on my locker!

“J-Jongin.” I tried to get his attention. He turned to me.

“What is this? Wh-Why do you have it?” I always tend to stutter when I talk to him.

“Huh? O-Oh. I’m sorry.” He said.

“Why are you apologizing?” I asked once again.

“I kinda know what you were talking about. Those papers? I took them down.” He said so surely.

I looked at the paper then at him. “Wh-Why’d you do that?” I kept asking but I was really grateful inside.

“Well, I thought that kind of thing shouldn’t be done to a person like you. So, I took them down before you saw them.” He said, smiled and opened his hand implying that I give him the piece of paper I found.

I was about to cry because of this awesomely nice guy. But I gave him the piece of paper and said, “Well, I get them everytime. But thank you. Thanks a lot.” I smiled and pushed back the tears.

“Hm, you’re very welcome!” he smiled even more brightly. His smile almost made me faint.

Gosh! He’s so cute! I’m so lucky!!!~

I smiled back and headed to my classroom, as he walked to his first period.

“Well, see you later then Jiyeon!” he said and walked off.

I gave him a wave goodbye.


Happy reading! Please comment and subcribe~!!! :D