CHAPTER 2

The Guy From Across the Street

My Brother is the Best and Worst...


It was like one of those slow motion moments you see in movies when the girl sees the guy of her dreams and she just can’t help but smile and stare. He was standing by the porch with earphones on while holding onto his phone. He had black hair and a slim body much like mine but in a manly way. He just stood there, bobbing his head to the beat of his music. Then a beautiful woman went out and beckoned him to go inside and so he did.

I snapped back to reality to hear Kyuhyun whining and trying to remove my hand from his red cheek. I let go without another word and dashed upstairs to my room. I sat down as I thought of the guy I just saw from our living room window.

Yaah~ He’s so cute! AND he likes music too! I couldn’t help but think about him. But as I kept on thinking, I regained the feeling of the reality that I was extremely shy around people and that I don’t actually socialize.

I went on with my daily rounds online. I checked what was happening in the K-Pop world, some updates and played a couple of games. My desk was placed in front of a window in my room which looked down on the front yard up to the house across the street. The noise still went on so I put my earphones on.

Several hours passed and the ruckus had finally faded as the dark night had already set in. I’ve been in front of the computer for 4 hour straight. The yard was clear now. The movers were done and everything was finally at peace.

“Jiyeon~Kyuhyun~! Come on down! It’s dinner!” our mom bellowed.

I decided to turn off my computer, take a last peak out the window in hopes of seeing him again and went to my door. I turned the knob and slightly pull the door to find a grinning Kyuhyun just waiting for me.

My instinct told me to slam the door and lock it for the rest of the night and forget about dinner. But as he saw my expression, he leapt inside my room before I could even conjure up the strength to shut the door.

“I have unfinished business with my baby sister~” he sang as he took hold of my shoulders. Fear crept into my very core since only my brother possessed the rather Satanic ways when he plays around or get even.

“Y-YAH! OPPA!” If you do anything, I’ll scream!” I warned as I tried to shake off his hands. Then he did what gave chills and sheer terror up my spine.

He smiled at me.

My ear-splitting scream probably flooded the whole neighborhood. Kyuhyun had carried me on his shoulder like I was some sack of flour or something. I tried my best to squirm, kick and punch while he carried me down the hall but then I had to stop because my actions might bring me to absolute regret since we were nearing the stairs. Instead, I fell silent (sign of surrendering) and just let it be. As he reached the final step on the first floor, “Now can you please put me down?”