CHAPTER 3

The Guy From Across the Street

I ALMOST Met Him...


“Gained a little weight there too, Jiyeon-ie~” he teased and nudged my arm.

“What on Earth were you too up to?!” our mom asked wearing a worried look upon her face.

“Nothing Umma~ Just monkeying around with my precious sister~” Kyuhyun replied and winked at me.

I instinctively stuck out my tongue at him and frowned.

Our mom smiled and shook her head, “Alright, as long as no one gets hurt. Come on. Let’s have dinner.”

She went ahead to lead the two of us. I followed our mom, but as I did, Kyuhyun hooked his whole arm around my shoulder and pulled me in. I almost lost my balance but I held onto his arm.

“Ooooh~~ My sister is SOOOO cute~~” he kept singing as we both walked to the dinner table.

“Just let me go, or else.” I warned.

“Or else what?” he asked.

I slowly opened my mouth revealing my white sharp teeth making sure that he was looking. I was about to chomp on his arm when he finally saw what I was about to do. He quickly removed his arm and backed away from me.

“Groooosss!!” he whined.

I rolled my eyes and sat on the table.

Dinner went by rather peacefully. We shot death glares at each other most of the time but our mom didn’t see any.

What kept circling my mind was who was going to wash the dishes after. I really hate washing the dishes because I just always end up getting wet.

I saw Mom finishing up the ast pieces on her plate and so did Kyuhyun.  I hurried eating and finished before any of them.

“Yah, Jiyeon. Don’t eat so fast honey. You might get cramps later. What’s the hurry huh?” Mom asked and raised an eyebrow.

Kyuhyun looked up from his plate and smiled. “She’s hurrying because she doesn’t want to wash the dishes.” He was so smug.

“Ugh, I did them last night!” I stuck my tongue out.

He shot me a glare.

“Calm down. Can’t you two just choose? Or do I have to do it?” Mom asked sarcastically.

I hated it when she made us feel guilty. I sighed and stared at my brother.

“Alright, I think we can settle this in a proper and sophisticated way. Let’s play rock, paper or scissors. The one who loses washes the dishes.” He offered as if it were the most reasonable idea at the time.

Nothing came out of my Mom so it meant that she had nothing against the idea.

I hesitated since I wasn’t really lucky in that game. I usually end up losing at the first try. But what the hell, maybe my chances are better now.

Kyuhyun stood up and held out a fist. I did the same and…

Kay, Bai, Beo~!”

And the next thing I knew, I was angrily putting on the apron getting ready to wash the dishes. My brother had beaten me at the first try and celebrated with great joy. I grunted but my Mom gave me an encouraging smile. I guess she was trying to motivate me or something.

Next Day

I got up pretty early because I had to. My brother hogs the bathroom when I don’t get in first. It’s totally weird that he takes so long when he takes a bath. I mean he’s a guy! Isn’t he supposed to take quick short baths? Anyways, I was chowing down on a bowl of cereals when he came down and greeted me.

“Morning Jiyeon~!” he greeted happily.

I awkwardly smiled and nodded at him. He gathered the materials to make the same bowl of cereal I was having. He sat down and poured himself the cereals.

“Where’s Mom?” he asked casually with a spoon in his hand.

“She went to the new neighbor across the street.” I answered as if I wasn’t itching to know who the guy I saw yesterday was.

My Mom came throught the door. “Ha~, the family across the street are quite the friendly and hospitable people.”

“Oh? Why?” Kyuhyun asked before I could.

“I was just going to take the cheese cake I baked yesterday to them. They even invited me in and offered a drink. Their son also came out and greeted me.” She happily narrated.

“Oh, what was his name?” she continued as she kept snapping her fingers.

I was oh so hoping that I’d find out today but I guess not.

“Huh, I can’t for the life of me remember his name.” Mom said and shook her head.

I was so devastated. I still didn’t know his name. Damn.

“Yah Jiyeon! Finish your cereal now! We’re gonna be late!” Kyuhyun woke up my whole being.

“Eesh, Alright!” I scoffed.


The last update kinda so I'm to get back using this chapter~!! I guess it got a bit too long though.. Even so.. I really hope you guys like it~ Keep the comments coming!!! :) Thanks!