CHAPTER 4

The Guy From Across the Street

Acquaintances


In a snap, the two of you were pacing down the street to school. Our school was at walking distance so it really didn’t take long walking there. As usual, Kyuhyun was pacing way in front of me. The guy just walks so fast, believe me he would totally beat anyone on a walkathon. Anyhow, as I tried to keep up, I couldn’t help but notice that there was a figure across the street that was also waking to our direction. I abruptly stop and almost trip because my shoe had come undone. I had to stop and tie them. And as I did, the figure I saw belonged to the guy who just moved in.

He was as dreamy as I had remembered, maybe even better. He wore a plain white t-shirt, cargo shorts and black low cut sneakers. He had a shoulder bag hanging on his body and held a book near his chest.

I finished tying my shoe and ran for my brother. I ran so fast that I bumped into his back just to stop myself.

“YAH! You little cluts! Be careful!” he yelled.

I completely ignored him because my eyes were fixated on the guy walking past us.

“Hey! Are you listening?!” Kyuhyun kept yelling.

“C-Come on! Let’s go!” I answered not even bothering to understand what he had said. I grabbed him by his sleeve and yanked him a few more steps and then we were inside the campus. I then dropped his sleeve and went forward.

“Gah! Where is he?!” I frantically ask as I lost the unidentified guy in the crowd of people outside the main building. I scratched my head in frustration and just decided to go to my locker.

I stuffed my books in the locker and fixed myself. I then walked to my classroom and to my seat. I quietly sat there with earphones on. I must’ve looked like a total weirdo when I kept bobbing my head to the music, but it didn’t matter to me.

The teacher came in after a while with someone behind her. It was him! It was him! He’s in my class! I can’t believe it!

My eyes fluttered as I removed my earphones and stared at the guy.

“Good morning class. Let me introduce you to your new classmate, Jongin.” The teacher announced.

At last! I finally know his name. Jongin huh? It’s cute~!

“Annyeong hasaeyo! Choneun Kim Jongin imnida!” the guy said and bowed with a smile.

“Thank you Mr. Kim. You may now take your seat…” the teacher added as she searched for an empty seat in the room.

And may I just say, the only empty and vacant seat in the room was one next to me!

“Please take a seat next to Ms. Kim.” The teacher happily said.

He walked towards where I was. He slightly bowed and I did the same and smiled. The teacher then went on with her lesson, but my mind was fluttering insanely with the fact that the cutest guy I ever did see was sitting right next to me. It was true, he was totally cute. I’m spazzing in my mind now. I tend to ramble when I get to these kinds of things.

“Now class, I want you all to bring a blank notebook tomorrow. I want all of you to document your life in a certain period of time like a journal! This is a requirement for all of you alright? I will be expecting it tomorrow. That is all. Class dismissed.” The teacher announced.

The assignment was something I can actually expect from a Literature class. I was really interested. I have to say that I’m quite the weirdo when it comes to Literature. I often give outrageous speeches in front of the mirror as if I’m some kind of prominent personality. Weird right?

I went out of the classroom and headed to my locker. The usual curses were found on my locker but I just casually ripped them off. As I was putting my books in the locker, I felt a presence brush off behind me and stopped beside me.

It was HIM! Kya~ It was Jongin! He was holding a small piece of paper and looking at the lockers. He was probably looking for his. I watched as he searched for it as I hid behind mine.