Too Late..?

When My Heart Takes Over [HIATUS]

SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES ^^

ENJOY!!

=======================================================================================================

Seungho POV

“Excuse me sajang-nim” She bowed. “Yes?” “Chef Joon is here” The waitress said. I feel like someone slapped my face. “Omo, he’s here?” I can see Sung Rin slightly smile before run down the stairs.

“Go back to your work” G.O dismissed the waitress. I stay in my place. I watched her walked to the dining room with smile on her face. She was angry but then she smile just because that Joon coming? Does she love him?

“Hey..are you ok?” G.O tapped my shoulder. Drag me back to the reality. “I’m fine” I said then start to walked. “Seungho-ah” He stopped me. I sighed then turned to him.

“I’m fine” I repeated my words. “Let’s go to drink after we closed, it’s been a while, right?” He asked while gripped my shoulder. Thing that he always did to comfort me. “Ok” I replied then walked again.

On my way down to the first floor, I can see her was talking with him. Seeing her could smile and laughed like in front of him make my heart sunk. I hate this feeling. Jealousy.

I tried to ignore them and keep my eyes forward while walking to the kitchen. But I can’t, I decided to go to the rest room before going back to the kitchen. I hold the edge of the washing stand and stared into the mirror in front of me. What are you doing Yang Seungho.. you know you will turned into a mess when you let your heart takes over.

You know you will turned into a when it comes to her.. your first love and probably your last love.. you will end up hurt yourself every time you dealing with her. Why you can’t show your feeling towards her? Why you always end up fighting with her. I wash my face and dried it before get out from the rest room.

And right when I’m out, I saw they were laughing. She looked so amused. Does his jokes really that funny? Or you laugh because you love him? You used to give that smile for me but looked at you know.. is it too late for me? I sighed then back to the kitchen. Soon I drown into my job again and can distract my mind from her for a while.

After 3 hours distract my mind with the food, it’s time to close. “You’ve work hard chef” All of my cooks bowed then asked for leave. I only bowing my head then walked to my office to change my chef suit into my casual clothes. A pair of jeans. A plain white shirt and dark brown leather jacket.

I grabbed my bag and my keys then get out from my office. When I just closed the door, I saw her walked down the stair while smile to her staffs whose were busy bowed to her. I let out another sighed then start to walk.

“Seungho-ah” I heard G.O voice then I stopped and turned to him. “Come on” He put his arm around my shoulder then we walked down the stair. When we finally outside the restaurant, I saw the same car.. Silver BMW X5 parked in front of the restaurant.

He picked her up again?? I saw her run to that car. Smile immediately appears on her face when she opened the door and get in. I automatically clench my fist when I saw that. I really want to run towards her and prevent her to get into that car.

“Come on” G.O dragged me to the parked zone. I get into my Aventador while he got into his White Pearl Porshce 911. We drive to the club when we always have drink. I like that place because it so cozy and calm. No girls flirting around and try to clinging on me. I guess because that club is kinda VIP club.

G.O parent is the owner of that club, that’s why we have all access to that club. 15 minutes later we arrived. Two big men with black suit open the door for us when we arrived. The club was on the 12th floor on Jung Family hotel.

I can hear Jazz music fill up the room when we get in. This places a bit crowded, I guess because it Friday night. “Let’s go” G.O tapped my arm then we heading to our table in the corner of the room but it has the city view. The lights from the city downside amused me a bit.

I take a seat then stared at the busy city down there. Could I see her from here? I’m sure you were laughing with him right now. I was stared blankly when G.O asked me. “What do you want?”

“Just give me wine” I replied then looked at the city again. “Well, bring us Penfold Grange Hermitage (1951) “ He said to the waiter. “Really? You have something to celebrate?” I said while let out a soft chuckled.

“Hey..it’s been a while..we should drink something good” He replied while leaned on his couch. We were sitting down in silence for minutes, just enjoying the view but then our drink coming.

After open the bottle and pour it for us, the waiter leave us. We raised our glass then tossed it before we enjoy it. We moved our glass in circular motion then took a sip.

“So..what happened today?” G.O started the conversation. “What?” I replied without take off my eyes from the city view. “Hey.. I know you were jealous when Joon visited her today”

I sighed then sip my wine again when I heard he mention his name. “What do you think?” I replied while lifted my right eyebrows. He chuckled then sipped his wine again. “Then why you have a fight with her earlier?” He chuckled again. I sighed then sip my wine again before I answer him.

“I don’t know.. I always had no idea what I have supposed to do around her.. Although we already know each other since we were a baby..we met everyday but I.. I always clumsy and nervous being around her” I replied then sip on my wine again.

He chuckled then sip his wine and again.. we were drink in silence while enjoying the view. “What do you want to say to her? Honestly” He suddenly said. I looked at him, he only shrugged. I moved my glass in circular motion and stared at it while I answer his question

“I’m sorry..it was so hard back then.. I’m sorry.. I was so young back then.. I’m sorry.. I didn’t like you being different from me.. when I wake up alone in the morning, I look for your message.. I draw your face in the strange sky outside the window..your voice every time you laughed at my jokes.. every time we spent our time together.. I can’t erase any of it – how about you?”

I finished my words then drink my wine again while back to the city view again. I can feel G.O let out a sighed while stared at me. “Then why you didn’t tell her? Is it because of your guilty feeling?” He started to spoke again.

My guilty feeling.. yeah, he was right. I don’t think I can erase this guilty feeling even everything is ok now but I.. She suffered a lot because of my stubbornness. I sighed again and sip my wine.

“I think so.. every time I see her I can’t help myself to not to feeling guilty” “But that was years ago Seungho-ah..forgive yourself” He replied while poured more wine to my glass then his.

I only shrugged then sip my wine again. “Come on..you can’t give up now..it’s too early” He sighed then sip his wine again.

“What can I do? She looked so happy with him”

“Really? She told you that she happy with him? That she loved him?” He replied with a slight annoyed. I looked up from my glass to him.

“Seungho-ah.. I didn’t let her go to let she leaned on someone else arms” He looked at me intently in the eyes. Let her go? Did he..he loved her too?

“Let her go? What do you mean..did you..”

“Yes, I was love her too.. Who doesn’t? She always taking care of me even she’s two years younger than me. She always there for me but then when we grow up, I realize my feeling towards her isn’t boy towards girl feeling. It’s brother to his little sister. Every time I saw her with another boy I feel like I want to protect her, like brother protect his sister not like yours”

He finished his words then gave me ‘what now’ look. I only shrugged then sip my wine again.

“Eerrgghh! Come on! Where’s yours confident? You know her.. you that Joon isn’t her type” He said while leaned forward to me and put down his glass. Well, he looked annoyed now.

“Her type? What do you know about her type?” I chuckled. He make a face at me than take his glass again. He took a sip before start to talk again.

“How long?” He said while leaned back to his couch. “How long?” I frowned.

“Yes, how long you will keep it from her?”

“I don’t know..maybe when she will care about me again someday” I shrugged then took a sip of my wine again.

“She doesn’t care about you?? She?!” G.O chuckled while shook his head then throw his eyes to the city view. I can hear he mumbled something but I can’t clearly hear it. I want to ask him but I don’t think I have power to argue with him again.

She really flooded my mind with her face..laugh..whine..even her cry.. why I have to stuck in this situation again.. why I have to love her when she doesn’t care about me..

“Forgive yourself” G.O suddenly spoke again. He sighed then turned his head to me.

“Sung Rin..she…hmmpphh..never mind” He turned into the city view again then sip his wine again. What? She’s what…

“Yah!” That’s all I said. He sighed while looked down. “I really don’t get it. why you always..tsk! forget it” He finished his wine.

“Jung Byunghee!”

“I’m not in the place to tell you! If you want to know, brave yourself and talk to her! You always said that she never care about you! She hates you..bla bla bla.. But have you talked to her properly?! Find out her feeling?! Don’t you know what she went through?! How she..”

He stopped his words then massages his nose bridge. “Forget it” He sighed then full up his glass again. Her feeling.. He was right.. I never talk to her properly since she moved to German..well, she was move because of me.

 

Flashback

“Sung Rin-ah..why you have to moved to German? A lot of good high school in Seoul” 15 years old G.O persuade his best friend.

“Oppa.. I’m sorry but I can’t stay in Seoul anymore.. I ..can’t take it anymore” 13 years old Sung Rin smiled.

“Yah! You can go to the same school with me, I will protect you so no one will bully you again!” G.O held her arms.

“Oppa.. I’m sorry but..”

“Yah! Seungho-ah! Why you just standing there?! Help me to persuade her!!”

“Wae? If she wanted to go, just let her go” 15 years old Seungho said then walked away.

End of flashback

 

I grimaced when that moment across my mind. Will she stay if I asked her to stay? Will she love me back if I was nice to her? After all it my fault..it always me who made her suffered. Those bullies, even I already beat them up, but nothing is change.

“Come on, we have to work tomorrow.. The German embassy dinner only is the day after tomorrow, right?” G.O voice pulled me back to reality. I only nodded then we walked out from the club.

“Don’t sleep too late, you can’t miss your morning routine” He said while opened his car. “My morning routine?” I frowned at his sentence.

“Yes, sneak out to your sajang-nim office only to put macaroon to cheer up her days after you ruined it” My eyes wide open when I heard his words..he knew? He smirked then get into his car. He raised his hand when his car passed me.

He really has six senses. I chuckled then get into my car. I was driving with her face on my mind. After 20 minutes of driving, finally I arrived in my house. As always, my butler greeted me. I only nodded and shook my head on his questions.

I finally reach my bedroom. I sighed and leaned on the door behind me after I closed it. I throw my bag to the couch across my bed then dragged myself to my bed. I sit down on the edge of it. I stared outside the window only to see empty park with lots of red rose..my mother;s favorite.

I stared at the roses for a while then turned my head to the drawer on the table beside my bed. I opened it then I take out a picture with white frame. It was our childhood picture. She was 6 years old while I and G.O was 8 years old.

She was wearing white dress with red ribbon on her black long hair. She was standing between me and G.O. She smiled so wide here. I remember when we take this picture. It was G.O birthday.

I sighed when I bring myself to the reality. I lay back to my bed with my legs still hanging over the bed. I hold the picture until it hovered my face. I held it with my left hand while my right thumb her picture.

I love you..words that weren’t so hard back then.. I love you..now I’m afraid to say it.. I love you..will I ever be able to tell you again..Park Sung Rin…

I hugged that picture before drifted off to the dreamland.

End of POV

 

The next morning

After doing his morning routine and reply Sung Rin note, Seungho rushed to his office before someone caught him. 2 hours later, Sung Rin arrived. She walked to her office after briefing her staffs with G.O

She a bit squealed when she saw a note underneath a box of Macaroon. She take the note and read it.

You’re very welcome. Have a nice day ^^

“Hmm..who are you?” Sung Rin smiled while stared at the macaroon. She stick the note on the macaroon box then out it near the edge of her desk. She smiled at the macaroon then start to work.

She was busy checking all the ingredients for the Germany dinner when a waitress knock her office.

“Come in”

“Excuse me sajang-nim, but Chef Joon already here”

“Oh, ok. Thank you” Sung Rin replied while stand up from her seat and walked out from her office. She smiled to Joon who already waiting for her with G.O.

“Hey” She said when she already approached them. “Come on, Seungho is in the kitchen” G.O said while gestured them to follow him. Three of them heading to the kitchen.

When they arrived, Seungho was busy checking on the ingredients with his cooks. “Chef” G.O voice grabbed his attentions. He turned his head to them then his clenched his jaw when he saw Sung Rin standing beside Joon.

“What?” He replied while checking on some herbs. “Hey.. I’m here to talk about the dinner” Joon walked closer to him. Seungho turned to him then looked at him from top to toe for seconds.

“I’m Joon” Joon offer his hand. “Seungho” They shakes hands. “I’m coming here because I need to know about the main course”

“They already give you the list, right?” Seungho replied without looking at him. Joon surprised with Seungho cold response towards him for seconds.

“Yes, but I need to ask you.. you use lamb or horse meat?”

“The lamb” Seungho still didn’t look at Joon.

“Tsk..why are you so arrogant like that?” Sung Rin mumbled but loud enough for Seungho to hear.

“What did you say?!” Seungho get annoyed. They were shared intense gazed for seconds before she replied him.

“You are so arrogant! He was asking nicely to you!”

“Sung Rin,,it’s ok” Joon rubbed her upper arm. Seungho saw it and jealousy burned him.

“Arrogant?!! You call me arrogant?! What about you?! You bring a stranger to my kitchen without my permission!!” Seungho yelled

“Stranger?!! We will work with him!! He’s a chef too!!” Sung Rin yelled back.

G.O take a deep breath to control his temper while Joon held Sung Rin upper arms to calm her down. The eight cooks only stand in silent while glances to each other.

“Listen, chef.. I’m sorry if I get into your kitchen without your permission but I just want to know about the main course because it’s related with the dessert” Joon stepped in.

“Listen..CHEF! I knew! Do you think I don’t know about that just because I’m not a pastry chef?!”

“No..not at all I just..”

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” Sung Rin cut Joon off.

“What?! You mad?! You want to speech about manner with me?! Look at yourself!”

“What?! Me?! It’s you who had manner!!”

“ENOUGH!” G.O yelled. Seungho and Sung Rin sighed at the same time. “What wrong with you two?!”

“Ask your sajang-nim” Seungho turned away and back to the ingredients.

“I’m your sajang-nim too” Sung Rin replied in deep and low tone. She clenched her fist.

“So? What on earth I have to obey you?” Seungho turned his head to her again.

“So this is how the best chef acted? Like a jerk?”

“Yes! I’m the best chef and this is my behavior!! So what?! You are the restaurant owner but you always against your chef! Now who’s acting like a jerk?!!” Seungho barked.

Sung Rin shocked with his words. She stone. “That’s enough!” Joon clenched his jaw while pulled Sung Rin closer to him.

“You better get out now!” Seungho yelled. “I can’t take it anymore” G.O walked closer to him.

“What? You want to talk about manner with me too?!” Seungho yelled but then G.O replied it with a fist to his lips. Seungho stumbled then felt to the floor. He held his chin then glared to G.O.

“The best chef?!” G.O grabbed his collar. “WITHOUT HER YOU CAN’T BE A CHEF!!!”

“Really? Who the hell is she? God?” Seungho scoffed. G.O squeezed his collar. “SHE IS THE ONE WHO”

“JUNG BYUNGHEE!!” Sung Rin cut him off. “Oppa..that’s enough” She said with teary eyes then run out from the kitchen. Joon looked at Seungho intently for seconds before chased her.

“If you were someone else, I already beat you up until you die after you call her jerk!” G.O let go his collar but Seungho grabbed his wrist. G.O glared at him.

“Tell me” Seungho said in low tone. “I can’t..she forbid me” G.O yanked his hand.

“Really?! So you are her pet who always obey her?” Seungho provocation him. G.O grabbed his collar then pulled him up to his feet.

“You really want to know the truth? Are you brave enough to know the truth?” G.O scoffed.

“Tell me!” Seungho grabbed his collar.

“SHE KNELT IN FRONT OF YOUR DAD!! BEGGING SO THAT YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BE A CHEF!! SHE THREW AWAY HER PRIDE SO YOU CAN PERSUED YOU DREAM!! THAT GIRL WHO YOU CALL JERK MADE YOUR DREAM COMES TRUE!!!”

 

===000===

Oh..Seungho..hahahaha

GUYS!!! MIND TO CHECK ON MY POLL?? 

kekekeke..

Comment, ok? ^^

THANK YOU!!!!!!