Life Long Friends Chapter 9

Life Long Friends

When he walked back into the rehearsal room, Heechul sat on the floor between Kangin and Shindong knowing that they wouldn't bother him about where he had been and where that girl was. Hangeng looked at his friend from across the room questioningly, and to his surprise, Heechul never looked up from the food in front of him and he didn't speak to anyone.

"Hey, hyung, where's Suki?" Ryeowook asked.

"How should I know?" he said taking a bite of chicken, still looking at the floor.

"Well she did go looking for you." Hangeng said quietly. Heechul felt his face grow warm. She had gone looking for him? Why would she do that, especially after the way he's treated her?

"I haven't seen her." He said coldly still trying to figure this girl out and his feelings about her.

Suki had sat against the wall with her knees tight against her chest with her arms wrapped around them and her forehead resting on them still crying. What had she done that had been so terrible for him to hate her so much? She thought back to the fist night they met and ran through the events that took place. She had met them all and made a simple request for them to keep the noise down. Was that such a bad thing? "He's such a jerk. I never did anything to him and yet he treats me like crap." She sat up and leaned her head on the wall looking out the window at the grey clouds that had formed in a matter of minutes.

"And to add to my foul mood, it looks like it's going to rain. Perfect!" she sighed and closed her now burning eyes and took a few deep breaths.

"Suki?" A soft voice came from her right. She slowly turned her head, still resting on the wall, and saw a very worried looking Ryeowook walking over to her.

"Hey, Ryeowook." She quickly wiped the tear stains from her cheeks and smiled. He came over and knelt in front of her placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you ok? Did something happen?" She couldn't help but smile at her kind friend.

"No, nothing's happened. I'm fine, thank you Ryeowook." He didn't believe her for a second and his face showed it.

"You don't look fine." He sat down next to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders and she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Did something happen with Heechul hyung?" He looked at her but she continued to stare out the window.

"Yeah, well, I don't really know." She looked over at him and the look of confusion on his face made her giggle a little.

"What does that mean, exactly?" He said. She told him what had happened just moments before and the spat she and Heechul had just had and what he had said. Like a good friend, Ryeowook sat there listening and processing what he was hearing, and when she finished he had seen a single tear roll down her cheek.

"So that's what happened. Now you know why I'm out here curled up crying. Pretty pathetic isn't it?" She chuckled at that and looked back to the window seeing that it had indeed started to rain.

"Well, Heechul hung is very difficult to get to know. He doesn't like change much and when something or someone takes the spotlight from him he gets a little cranky." Hearing that made her feel a little better, but why had Heechul brought up that first night?

"Besides, hyung's a bit of a drama queen." He whispered causing Suki to giggle again.

"Thanks, Ryeowook. I'm glad I have a friend as kind as you." She said smiling up at him seeing his face brighten and a faint blush begin to spread over his face. "I'm glad I made you feel better!" he said standing up and holding his hand out for her to take.

"Now, let's go get something to eat before everyone else eats it all." She took his hand and he helped her up from the floor and walking back to the rehearsal room.


"I found her!" Ryeowook said entering the room with Suki close behind him. Everyone had finished eating and had started to practice again after they had sent Ryeowook out to find her.

"I'm sorry to have worried you all." She said as she bowed and smiled.

"Where were you hiding silly girl?" Kangin said as he walked over and tousled her hair. She smiled and playfully smacked his hand away fixing her hair.

"I was...in the restroom, and on my way back when Ryeowook bumped into me." She smiled and looked at Ryeowook pleading him with her eyes to go with it. He smiled back and nodded understanding what she meant. As the others talked to her and gave her a plate full of food they had saved, Ryeowook looked around for Heechul. He had been laying on the small sofa playing a game on his cell phone. Ryeowook walked over and sat on the arm of the sofa next to Heechul's head.

"Is there something wrong Ryeowookie?" The diva said not taking his eyes off of his phone.

"Do you know where Suki was, hyung?" Just as he said her name, he saw his hyung tense.

"Why would you ask that? I told you all before that I hadn't seen her." Heechul felt his dongsaeng's stare on him and knew that he knew that he was lying. That damn girl told Ryeowook something.

"Well…when I found her she was crying and I just thought that maybe something had happened." Heechul sat up and looked at Ryeowook.

"Nothing happened! Why do I have to keep saying it?" he shouted, causing everyone to look over at the two.

"What's going on?" Leeteuk said seeing the pissed look Heechul had on his face and the slightly startled look on Ryeowook's. "Nothing." Heechul said standing and pushing passed their leader.

"I'm not feeling well. I'll see you guys back at the dorm." Everyone watched in shock as he walked out slamming the door behind him.

"What happened, Wookie?" Leeteuk said walking over to him.

"Nothing, hyung." The eternal maknae said with a fake smile. "He just isn't feeling well. Don't worry." Leeteuk smiled and turned to the others.

"Well, I think we've had enough practice for today. Good job everyone!" He said smiling and looked at Suki. "Would you like a ride home, Suki-ssi?" She looked around at all of the smiling faces and nodded.

"I'd like that. Thank you Leeteuk-ssi."