STORY 9 : MINE

Neuron Canvas

 

STORY 9 :    MINE

 

 

 

“Hey… what are you doing?” Her soft voice entered my ears and her breath tickled my neck. She wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her chin on my shoulder.

 

Back hug…. Always felt warm and fuzzy.

 

I looked over my shoulder where her chin is resting. She is peeking to the cooking pot on the stove infront of me. She looked at me and smiled.

 

And I smiled….

 

“Oh… ramen!”  She screeched and pointed at the two packs of ramen that I placed near the sink. Her eyes are twinkling with the sight of her favorite brand of ramen.

 

“You’re going to cook ramen?” She asked me like a 5 year old kid. Eyes still twinkling  and chin poking on my shoulder.

 

There are times that I want to smack her head for asking the obvious. But unfortunately, I can’t. I will lose a dear… most of the time annoying…. but still dear.. Jessi

 

“Well obviously, Jess.”I deadpanned with my eyes fixed on the almost boiling water.

 

I reached for the ramen packs with a little diffulty because of Jessi’s super glue koala back hug. I surpressed the urge to smile with my thought of Jessi pouting with what I said.

 

I glanced over my shoulder once again. And I was right. Jessi’s duck lips.

 

“You can let me go now.” I deadpanned again.

 

“Meanie!” She scoffed and let me go. I chuckled.

 

“Need help?” She asked… this time side hugging me.

 

Sometimes I want to swat her hands,smack her head (again) and shoo her away with all her clinging and smoothering. But I can’t. The sweetness overpowers the annoyance and suffocation.

 

“No.” Single, monotonous response. My attention is with the ramen packs.

 

“But…” I could imagine her pouting again. I glanced at her and I was right…again.

 

“You could help me by behaving.”

 

“But I am behaved.” She whined softly like a shy five-year-old. And that pout.

 

“Stop pouting. You’re not a duck.” I said sternly. Next thing I know, there is a hand on my chin and my head unwillingly turned and soft wet lips pressed on my lips. Then a giggle.

 

“Stop giggling. Make yourself useful and prepare the table.” I told her.

 

“Meanie old lady…” She teased and peck my lips again before getting bowls and chopsticks.

 

Kissing me…

 

She loves it.

 

And I’m annoyed with it.

 

I hate it.

 

It made my tapeworms dance in the tune of Oppa Gangnam Style.

 

Yeah.. tapeworms. Coz butterflies are just too damn cliched…overused.

 

 

 

“Hey Jess, in case you forgot,you’re older than me.” I snickered.

 

“Older? Then remind me later to bathe you and change your diapers.” She teased and laughed again.

 

Hot y Smart . Tch.

 

 

 

“Here Jess.” I handed her the other end of the noodle strand with the other end on my mouth. She stared at the noodle strand for a while then laughed.

 

“What?” She asked while chuckling.

 

“Don’t act like you don’t know.” I smirked. She stopped chuckling and reluctantly placed the other end on .

 

“You’re such a kid.” She remarked. I shrugged.

 

Then it started. Our lips crawled into the length of the noodle. Then our lips would touch at the finish line. And another strand, and another. I lost count on my many times our lips touched.

 

We play this game since we were kids.

 

And everytime we played…… always felt warm and fuzzy.

 

And now, my tapeworms are dancing in the tune of I Got A Boy.

 

 

 

“I’m sleepy……” She said the obvious. I am now staring at the aftermath of her cat yawn. I wiped her yawn tears with my thumbs.

 

“Then sleep. Its already late and we have school tomorrow.”

 

“And same to you.” She said groggily.

 

“I’m still finishing my project. Plus,I’m not a sleep monster like you.”

 

And she pouted again.

 

Damn these tapeworms…..

 

“Okay…. Just lay with me then?” She smiled with full of hope. My eyebrows formed a single line.

 

“Tiff, just lay with me until I fall asleep. Pweeaaassee?” She cupped my face and pressed her body into mine. I looked the other way then pry her soft hands from my face.

 

Tapeworms… behave.

 

“Okay. Okay. You’re such a baby.” I snarld.

 

“Its your fault. You baby me.” She teased again. I sighed.

 

She held my hand and pulled me into the room that we shared. She pulled me to the bed we shared.

 

 

 

Yes.

 

It is my fault.

 

I am to blame.

 

The skinship…

 

The hugs..

 

The kisses…

 

It was all because of me..

 

I started it.

 

And I deeply regret it.

 

Because now, I’m stressed with the stressful person named Jessi.

 

 

 

We lay on the bed, facing each other. Arms around each other. Face to face.

 

“Good night Tiff.” She said with a sleepy smile. She fell asleep immediately.

 

“Good night Jess….” I kissed her forehead.

 

I stared at her beautiful face for who knows how long. I ran my index finger on the contour of her face, admiring and feeling the softness and smoothness of the skin.

 

I stared at her lips. Those lips that love to pout.

 

I gently touched her lips. After an internal battle with myself, I leaned and closed the gap between our lips.

 

 

 

 

I can love you…

 

But I can't love you

 

I can be with you..

 

But I can’t be with you..

 

This is wrong..

 

This is so wrong….

 

But… Jessi…….

 

I love you….

 

My dearest twin sister.

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________