STORY 5 : NECKTIE PART 2

Neuron Canvas

 

STORY 5    NECKTIE PART 2

 

 

 

 A/n: My minions... here is your most requested sequel. Hehe. I hope I did justice to the part 1.

 

 

 

 

Arrrhhhgggg…. Damn it!

 

My heard hurts and my mind is spinning. Ahhh…. I think I drunk too much last night. How much was it again? 6 glasses of redwine? 7? 8? 9? Or 10?!

 

I don’t remember anymore.

 

Hang over… hah! Stupid! Stupid Tiffany…..

 

What did you gain?

 

Are you happy with your drinking spree? Did you achieve what you want? Did it helped you to forget? Are you happy?

 

Conscience…. Stop mocking me.

 

 

“Enjoying the party?” She asked me while pouring wine on my glass.

 

“I should be asking you that. It’s your party afterall.” I said. She huffed and poured wine on her own wine glass.

 

We are at the veranda. Looking at the view of passing vehicles along the roads below us and glowing lights from nearby buildings.

 

“Jessi……”

 

“Hmmnn?....”

 

“Congratulations……” I tried to sound strong but I failed.

 

“Tiff…….”

 

There was a comfortable silence…but it was still awkward. Then she chuckled. I turned to her.

 

“What’s funny?” I asked almost smiling.

 

“You don’t sound happy. Do you have feelings for my husband to be?” She asked grinning. I huffed and turned my attention at the moving and blinding lights again. I drank the wine in just one go.

 

“I am… happy.” I said.

 

“You’re bad at lying, Tiff.” She scoffed.

 

“Jessica.” She was called by a man, her soon to be husband. We both turned to the guy. Jessi signal the guy to wait.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” I asked Jessi.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“He’s smiling… but he looks so sad. As if he’s not happy to get married.” I said flatly.

 

“……..or… you cancelled the wedding?...” I asked suspiciously while narrowing my eyes at her. She became silent and stared at me as if she wants to say something. Then she chuckled and started to walk away.

 

“Don’t you dare not come tomorrow Tiff.”

 

The guy looked at me and smiled… but his smile didn’t reached his eyes. He looked gloomy.. or maybe I already drank much?

 

“And by the way… this.is.our.party.” She said before finally leaving.

 

 

“Ahhhhgggggg….. got to do something with this freaking headache.” I groaned while clutching my head which felt like it would split anytime.

 

‘Get up Tiffany…. Get out of bed’

 

“Noooooohhhhhh…… I don’t want to.” I whined at myself.

 

I stared blankly at the ceiling above me, arms and legs spread on the bed. I sighed for a couple of times.. feeling sorry for myself.

 

Today is Jessi’s wedding. Today is when my world stops revolving.

 

I don’t want to go to Jessi’s wedding…. And I don’t want to go to work also. Ahh… I’m pathetic. Might as well end my life. Go to a nearby cliff… sulk.. let out my grudge.. then jump. Well atleast I saw a nice scenery before I die…

 

Agghhhh!!! What are you thinking?!

 

Gah….. I’m hopeless.

 

I turned my head to the left where I could see a picture frame on top of my bedside table. A photo of Jessi and me.

 

It was a photo taken on our first day of class in back in high school. Arms around each other’s shoulder and wearing a bright smile.

 

I miss those days Jessi… I miss us…. I miss you…

 

 

 

“Tiff….”

 

“Huh?...”

 

It’s the first day of highschool. Jessi and I are schoolmates again. We are in a snack house just nearby the school.

 

“Tie that.”

 

“Tie what?” I asked flatly. She leaned closer and narrowed her eyes.

 

“Your necktie.” She pointed.

 

“But I don’t know how to. I’ve been trying to tie this but I can’t.” I said flatly again. She rolled her eyes again and moved away a little. She placed her arms across her chest.

 

“We’re already in high school Tiff. And still… you don’t know how to fix your tie?” She scoffed and shook her head.

 

“Ah! Shut up!” Now its my turn to roll my eyes. I focused my attention back to my necktie which I’m trying to fix for about.. forever. I heard her giggle.

 

“I’ve been fixing your tie for three years…. everyday.”

 

“You’re wrong. We don’t go to school on weekends.” I scoffed.

 

“Whatever Tiff…… you can’t fix your tie without me.” She said in full confidence.

 

‘Arrogant y thing ‘

 

“Did I asked you to do it?” I darted on her.

 

“Well….You did.” She chukled.

 

“Then rejoice now. You won’t be fixing my tie starting from today.” I said with a hint of annoyance in my voice. She laughed and nudged me.

 

“Aigoo…. My beautiful love… why so grumpy?” She teased then held my shoulders and made me face her. And boy… we’re face to face… almost kissing!

 

Damn it!

 

My heart raced. I feel like I ran a marathon in two weeks without stopping. I could feel my heart wanting to leap out of my ribcage.

 

‘Stop….. or I’ll kiss you…’

 

Argh! Are you teasing me Jessi? Huhu    TT.TT     >.<

 

I need to do something. I have to think of something…. Fast!

 

“Stop… or I’ll kiss you.” I said with confidence and with a swag of smug. Swag of smug? Ahhhh… my brain doesn’t work right now.

 

She scooted away faster than lightning…( great comparison Tiff.. is your brain dead?) She looked at me incredulously.

 

‘Haha! Victory is miiiinnnnneee!! Nyahaha’

 

“You.want.us.to-----…….” She looked shocked. I smirked… just for a while because she leaned on me again and whispered in my ear.

 

“Cant you wait ‘til we get to your room?” She whispered ily in my ear.

 

ily? Can you believe that?!   O.o

 

Feeling so flustered and embarrassed….. and aroused… I pushed her slightly.

 

“Whatever. Forget it.” I said looking the other way.

 

“Awww….. you’re so cute.” She said sweetly. Next thing I knew, she’s already fixing my tie.

 

“There…. Done.” She said after fixing my tie.

 

“Arrogant brat.” I muttered.

 

“Grumpy noodle.”

 

“Lets take a photo of us!” She put out her phone and wrap her arms around my shoulder before I could even react.

 

“Smile Grumpy!” She said looking at the lens of her phone.

 

“I don’t want to.” I said lazily.

 

“I love you Tiff!”

 

O.o

 

I smiled and wrap my arms around her shoulder. I looked straight at the phone’s camera lens as if I’m looking deep at Jessi’s expressive eyes.

 

“I love you too……. “

 

*CLICK*

 

 

Phone. Phone. Phone. Where is my phone?.....

 

I moved my hands along the bed trying to find my phone. Ahh.. There it is.

 

50 missed calls

 

46 Text Messages

 

Are you serious?!

 

I tried to open my eyes but I could only open half lid of my right eye. I scanned the call log and message log. Gahh! Is this Call and Text Tiffany Day?

 

Most of the call and texts are from Jessi. Asking me where am I and telling me to go to the wedding.. or she’ll kill me.

 

Some came from my family.. her family.. and our friends.. telling me the same thing. Well… minus the killing part.

 

There was still a message left unread. I chose to get out of bed, do my morning routine and do something for my headache before I read the message.

 

‘Sorry Jessi…. I know how important this day is for you… but… I just can’t….’

 

I sighed and slumped lazily on the sofa, steaming coffee on the table infront of me. I stared blankly at the white colored ceiling for a while.

 

I glanced at the table…then I as if someone unseen mocking me..  my necktie which is part of my office uniform , laid neatly on the table.

 

I smiled and touched the thing.

 

“I know how to fix my tie now Jessi…. Goodbye.”

 

My phone vibrated. There was a message from Jessi. It was just a single word.. but it meant great importance.

 

I scampered looking for the keys and dashed out of my apartment. I dove inside the car and drove away.

 

 

Message:

 

Please…..

 

Argh! Darn it! What are you doing to me Jessi!

 

I parked carelessly at the resort parking lot. You guessed it. Jessi is having a beach wedding. I just find it weird that she chose to have a beach wedding because this is not what she wants.

 

 

“What kind of wedding do you like?” I asked her while on our way to our classroom. It’s the first day of college.

 

“Why are you asking about wedding? It’s all of a sudden.” She chuckled. I shrugged.

 

“I want a church wedding.” She answered.

 

“Church wedding?” I scoffed.

 

“Why? What kind of wedding you choose?”

 

“I want….. beach wedding.”

 

She looked at me and smiled. “You’ll have your beach wedding, Tiff.”

 

 

I arrived at the venue… panting and breathing hard.. flustered beyond recognition because of too much running.

 

Everybody stopped on whatever they were doing and stared at me weirdly.. some even chuckled.. or even laughed.

 

What’s wrong with these people?

 

“Are you in a hurry or you’re not in the mood for the wedding? Did you even brush your teeth or wash your face?” My mom asked.

 

Huh?

 

Then I examined myself…… why am I only wearing bunny slippers and… pajamas??!!!

 

“Tiffany…..” I heard Jessi’s croaked voice. Did she cried?

 

I lifted my gaze to her. there she was.. near the altar… looking like a goddess on earth with her white wedding dress.

 

Ahhh… so beautiful. Why cant you just marry me instead. But hey…. Where’s the guy?

 

I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was him.

 

“Thank you for coming.” He said the walked away… away from the venue. What the hell?

 

“Jessi….” I whispered as Jessi walked towards me. Everything seemed to be in slow motion.

 

Now, she stood infront of me. I have so many things going on my mind and one of them is my freaking hangover. She lifted her right hand and cupped my left cheek and she caressed my cheek with her thumb.

 

I wish this is real….

 

Then I felt a hard slap on the same cheek that she caressed just moments ago. And I’m still at the resort… yeah… this is real alright.

 

 

“HOW COULD YOU BE LATE IN OUR WEDDING?!!!”

 

“WHY DO YOU WANT ME TO ATTEND YOUR WEDDING?! WHAT….. wait…… our… wedding?” Did I heard it right or I forgot to clean my ears?

 

I held my stinging cheek  while staring at her in full disbelief.

 

O_______O           O.o

 

“……………………………………….”

 

Her eyebrows formed a single line while I, Stephanie Hwang, stared lifeless at her.

 

‘She……she…… our….. wedding….’

 

O_________O

 

O_______O

 

Then I felt my world spinning. Earthquake? Effect of my heavy drinking last night?.... No. Its just Jessi shaking me violently while gripping the collar of my shirt.

 

“Today is our wedding day, you idiot! And you planned on not coming on our wedding?! Do you want to die Stephanie Hwang?!”

 

She stopped shaking me. She stared deep into my eyes. I stared at her dumbfounded. My brain is still processing everything that’s going on.

 

Everything is surreal. Am I dreaming?

 

Oh… please… don’t end this dream.

 

“This is not a dream, Tiff.” An annoyed voice entered in my ears.

 

Me and Jessi…… we’re going to get married… today… now…. What in the world is happening?

 

“Tiff… please close your mouth and get the size of your eyes back to normal. You look like a cartoon character with your widely opened eyes and your jaw almost fell on the floor.” She told me with sarcasm and annoyance.

 

But I couldn’t close my mouth. How could I? After what she said?!

 

“We’re going to get married Tiff. Get your act together.”

 

 

“Didn’t you read the messages?” She was kind of really….annoyed.

 

Messages?

 

Then I remembered, there was still a message left unread. I opened my phone and read the message.. which came from the guy who she supposed to get marry today.

 

 

Message

 

Last night, she broke up with me and cancelled our wedding. She chose you over me. She loved you all these years. I tried to change her heart and when I thought I won.. but I was wrong. I’m happy as long as she’s happy. Please come at your wedding.

 

What the?!

 

I looked at her in disbelief. And the events last night that I thought I would never remember, flooded my mind.

 

 

“Hey Tiff!”

 

“Hnnngggg?….”

 

“That’s enough. You drank too much already.” The stranger tried to take away the glass away from me.

 

“Hmmnngghh asfagfdsgfdjgkbk…..”

 

“Its your 10th glass of redwine. Seriously, you have to stop.”

 

“Go away….hasgdafhfjkewfvhjsajk..” I took a sip again… no.. I emptied the glass with one shot.

 

“Stop drinking! You have a wedding to attend tomorrow!” The annoying person took the glass of wine from my hand.

 

Wedding?……

 

Hah! Yeah right… whatever.

 

“Whose wedding?” I played on. I asked the intruder without opening my eyes. The drunk is just blabbering nonsense. Who’s drunk? Me.

 

“Your wedding.” The female voice pointed out.

 

“Hah! You’re funny. Jessica is the one getting married, not me. Tomorrow, she will marry the man that she loves.” I slurred my words while smiling like an idiot. What can I do? I can’t help it.

 

“Yes.. Jessica is going to get married tomorrow…”

 

“With whom?” I teased. Sorry… just drunk.

 

“With you.”

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:  Happy now?