STORY 17 : PRIVATE

Neuron Canvas

 

I am a very private person. I love my privacy so much. I don't like other people meddling or touching my things, even if they're my parents or family members. I dont like it when family members or even close friends enter my room and worse... lying on my bed.

Whenever I'm at home, I hangout most of the time in my room... and lock the door so no one would barge in without my permission.

You might think that I'm bat crazy. But no, as I said, I love my privacy so much. My personal space extends to 1 kilometer radius and whatever I own.

 

"Sweetie, can you please buy bread?" I heard my Mom say on the other side of the door. I sighed and got up from my seat... a computer chair. I really have no idea why my Mom would always ask me to buy bread right after she came buying bread from there. Ugh. My hunch tells me that she just wants to get me out of my batcave.... I mean room.

 

As I got out of my room, Mom handed me some money and had a little chitchat with me... another info that doesn't interests me or whatever.

"Mr. Jung's daughter just arrived. She's the same age as you. Do you know that she will transfer to your school?" Mom was being overly excited with no reason at all.

I don't know Mom. And I don't care.

And I don't even know Mr. Jung looked like. Ugh.

 

The Jungs lived few houses from us. But, same as with our other neighbors, I don't know them. And yep, I lived in this neighborhood about 12 years... which is more than half of my life.

 

I just shrugged at Mom, showing as usual my disinterest in other living organism.

 

When at the bread shop, I saw a girl around my height... and maybe around my age. She was patiently waiting at the counter with a smile on her face. Her kind of blondish long hair sway as she looked from side to side, inspecting the designs of the shop. And no, i wasn't intently staring on her on purpose. Its just that, she happened to be standing infront of me as we lined in the counter. She doesn't even realize that her great smelling hair slapped my beautiful face over and over again.

And yeah... that comment about her hair was also not intended.

 

"Here you are." The attendant came out of nowhere handing bag of bread to the girl infront of me. The girl nodded at the attendant and inspected the bag while on her way to the door.

And yes again, I'm not staring at her movements on purpose.

"Oh hey, your Mom forgot to buy something again?" The attendant, who is my friend, teased me. I answered him with a scowl.

"Oh wait! If its pandesal you will buy, there's no more! That girl bought the last batch!" He said.

Oh !

 

I'm not cursing her. It's just it rhymes. He said batch and I said . *insert evil laugh here*

 

Nope. Comedy really isn't for me. *sigh*

 

I faced the attendant again and asked for pizza bread instead with my eyes twitching in annoyance. No pandesal in the morning for me? I'll go berserk. Sniffing the newly baked pandesal while in its thin paper bag is part of my daily life. And pandesal dunked in coffee is a ritual. Bread of greatness.

 

On my way out, I saw blondie along the door still inside of the shop.

She has this awkward smile on her face. I walked straight to her and stopped right infront of her.

"Ahm... here... you can have some." She said and put 6 pieces of glorious hot pandesal on my paper bag. And then she walked out like someone being chased by Jason Vorhees.

"You might want to fix your face. You looked like you're going to kill her." I heard my friend said then laughed. I sighed and walked out of the bread shop.

 

A week after the incident, Mom announced during dinner that Mr. Jung will be out of the country for some business matters. Since the other Jungs were also have work related matters and needed to be away from home for a period of time, the youngest in the bunch will be left home alone. Mom told other things about that kid and other people's lives that went in and out of my ears. I never really cared about other things that doesnt interest me anyways.

Blah blah blah blah blah

Mom's voice seemed animated. I might end up sleeping in the dining table. Face splat on my plate.

 

"And I told Mr. Jung that Jessica could stay in our house for a period of time until one of them came back."

Wait.. what? O_o

"Mr. Jung agreed to this. He was thankful because he knows that his daughter will be safe with us." Mom added. Extremely happy.

I sighed.

"I told Jessica to come here early and join us for dinner but she declined. So, she'll be coming here after dinner."

"...... and she'll be sleeping in your room."

 

My family's eyes were on me. i could not answer (retaliate is the best term) immediately because I had to pick up my jaw from the floor. There were many things that I wanted to say (scream, in fact) but I could not form the words.

Mom took my silence as an approval. She clapped happily. Couldn't she see the popopopoker face that I have? It also meant... NO ING WAY!.

Mom continued to clap happily. Other family members shooked their heads and sighed.

 

 

 

And here comes the moment of thruth. Drumroll please.

"I'll be on the right side of the bed." I told blondie. Yep. The same girl that bought the last batch of glorious hot pandesal on the bread shop last week. She nodded meekly and sat near the edge of the left side of my bed.

Great. Mom made me share my precious bed with her. A stranger in my room... in my bed. Great.

My eyeballs were rolling 360degrees in my skull 60 times per seond. If that's even possible.

 

She yawned and smiled awkwardly at me. I just stared at her.

"Uhm.. I could sleep on the floor. I wouldn't mind." She continued. I could sense the fear and awkwardness in her voice.

 

A stranger on my room...

On my bed...

I really don't like this set up...

but I also don't like to be rude..

 

"Sleep." Did I say that quite cold?

She was about to stand up with a lost puppy look on her face. Maybe she thought it differently... although I really don't like her in my bed. I walked towards her and pushed her to bed by pushing her by her forehead.

"I said sleep. Don't argue with me and don't talk too much." I said and turned off the lights then hopped on my bed.

"Don't take it personally. I have nothing personal against you. I love my privacy that's why." I told her, lacking emotion. I don't want to have further conversation. I'm not good with it. I rolled on my side, my back facing her.

There was no answer from her and I wondered if its a good thing or a bad thing.

 

I felt the bed shift. She adjusted her position maybe to make herself comfortable.

 

Then I felt an eerie closeness. Hot breath on my ear.

What the ?! O_o

Slender arms wrapping around my waist.

What the ?! O_o

 

I should get angry, right?

I should be retaliating.

I should be on berserk mode.

This girl is violating my golden rules of privacy on highest level possible!

 

But no...

Weird enough.. it actually fely good.

I feel peace..

I'm calm...

Oh wait!.. Do I have a stupid smile on my face?

What the actual ?!

 

There was a long silence.

It was peaceful one.

A comfortable one.

 

The rhytmic pressing of her bossoms on my back suggests that this girl fell asleep already. And don't question my way of knowing.

 

"Thank you." It was a soft murmur I heard before I fell asleep.

 

I'm a private person.

I'm inlove with privacy.

But tonight.. for the first time....

I don't mind someone violating the golden rules of my privacy....

Or to be specific..

I don't mind my personal bubble be invaded and ruled by this blondie who's currently hugging me in my bed like a big toy bear.

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Filipinos would definitely relate on the glorious hot pandesal. *winks*

Upvote Comment Subscribe