STORY 15 : HABIT

Neuron Canvas

 

STORY 15   HABIT

 

 

 

“Good evening Jess. What’s cooking?”

 

“OhTiff! Welcome home. Come here.”

 

I dropped my shoulder bag on the sofa and went beside Jessi who was busy flipping whatever she’s frying on the non stick frying pan.

 

Jessi and I are roommates for 3 years now in a boarding house which is just near our place of work.        

 

“Saute some veggies and meat....” She answered with a smile. I inhaled a lungful of air and closed my eyes.

 

“Uuuummmmm..... gooooooddd.... aaammmaaazzziiiiinnnggg.......”   

                                                                                                                                            

^_^   *heaven*

 

When Iopened my eyes and turned into Jessi still with a ert looking grin plastered on my face.....

 

Jessi :  O___O

 

Me :  0.0 !!!

 

Jessi  :   O.o ?

 

Me  :  TT_TT                            

 

“You sound like I’m doing something to you, Tiff... ” She said.

 

“I just smell the food you’re cooking!” I sounded defensive. Ugh. Stupid me.

 

“No Tiff... you smelled me not the food.” She answered in a monotonous, more of a zombie like tone.

 

Me?

 

Smell you when you could catch me?

 

What are you talking about?

 

I only smell you when you’re knocked out sleeping!

 

Wait.....

 

Where is my nose resting?....

 

O.o

 

O

 

M

 

G

 

I immediately moved away from her when I realized how close I am to her. Yeah, she was right. I thought I was smelling the food but my brain probably commanded my nose to land on somewhere else.

 

“Finish inhaling my neck?” She asked wint hint of sarcasm. She turned her back on me and attended on her dish.

 

Busted..

 

TT-TT

 

“I told you Tiff, that perfume really smells good. You did not listen to me. Go buy your own so you won’t be sniffing me like a dog.”

 

O.o

 

Phew!

 

That was close.

 

*wipes bullet sweats*

 

 

 

Sleeping time came. One of my favourite part of the day. This is when I could stare at Jessi with so much love and adoration without me getting caught.

 

Jessi.....

 

I smiled as I stared at her peaceful form. Her lips were so inviting that I could hear her lips calling fo me to taste them... as I do every night in the past 2 years.

 

I leaned in and closed the gap between our lips.

 

 

*soft kiss*

 

“I love you...*whispers*”

 

And again......

 

*soft kiss*

 

“I love you...*whispers*”

 

 

And repeat the cycle about 20 times. I kissed her forehed then I’ll return to my side of our bed.  I lay still on our fluffy comfortable bed like nothing happened. I will stare at the bland ceiling until dreamland consumes me.

 

Its been my habit. Kissing her sweet thin lips when she sails in dreamland and another kiss on her lips in the mornings after I stare at her  beautiful face while she’s still asleep.

 

Sounds like a creeper huh? Yeah.. maybe I am a creep. A creep for her.

 

I’m having a dream..

 

I am kissing someone... passionately..

 

I could taste her saliva.

 

Ohhhh... feels so good..

 

It wasnt Jessica... a random person in my dream.  The scene in my dream is still instense face when I jolted out of dreamworld. I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was Jessica’s face almost occupying my personal space.

 

No... she already occupied it.                

 

And guess what, she may be having an intense face dream too. Why? Because we are kissing passionately! Intensely!

 

Oh shoot! Now I believe the saying “Dreams do come true”.

 

I wonder who is she kissing in her dream? Whatever! She is literally my tongue so I don’t care less who is she kissing in her dream.

 

Now... morning.. my other favorite part of the day.

 

I stared at the peaceful sleeping face of Jessica. She crinkled her nose and scratched her cheek. Awwww cute. I giggled like a spazzing fangirl.

 

Her lips are still plump and sore because of our 4-hour kiss marathon. I touched her lips with my thumb. Geez. Jessi really had a long kissing dream!

 

I leaned in and gave her a soft kiss on her plump sore lips then I got of bed. Of course, not before I whispered I love her in her ear. *winks*

 

 

                                                                                                                                

 

 

“Owww.. look at that bright smile at this early in the morning! I thought I’m going blind.” I teased Jessi and sit with her on the kitchen island.

 

“Aww... shut up.” Jessica pouted which made my ligaments melt. I cleared my throat and sipped freshly squeezed orange juice.

 

“seriously Jess... what’s with the smile? You’re creeping me out. Do I have to consult you to a doctor?” I told her. She snorted.

 

“.........................”

 

“Well?.....................” I cocked at head impatient for her answer. A stupid grin started to form on her lips. She her lips and looked at me. Lucky me, I was drinking my juice at that time so I felt the juice shoot up inside my nose.

 

“I had a dream last night.............”

 

“And?....”

 

“I am kissing someone.....”

 

I stiffened.

 

“Uhmm.. who were you kissing?” I asked.

 

“Uhgggg..... I don’t know...”

 

“..........................”

 

“But Tiff...........”

 

“..........................”

 

“It felt so great.....”

 

I smiled.

 

 

 

 

Many more nights and morning passed since then. The incident did not occur anymore which made me disappointed right to the edge.

 

Last night....

 

I bid goodbye to my habit.

 

My love and soul packed on that simple soft kiss I planted on her lips last night. I promised to myself that the kiss I stole from her last night was the last.

 

I don’t want to destroy what we have.

 

A beautiful friendship.

 

I don’t  want to gamble that.

 

 

 

So this morning when I woke up, I just stared at her face then got out of bed. I was about to open the door of our room when I heard her.

 

“Tiffany.........”

 

“Hmmm?....”

 

“You’re forgetting one important thing.”

 

I stopped on my tracks. Frozen like a chicken on the freezer. My heart pounded. Did she found out? Oh no! What am I going to do?

 

“Where’s my morning kiss?” She asked with a wide smile.

 

I stared blankly at her. It took time before my brain managed to process what she just said. My mouth started to open, jasw dropping slowly. I closed and opened my mouth trying to find the words to say.... but it is my voice that is nowhere to be found.

 

“Tiff.... baby.... what’s wrong?” She asked with a worried tone. She sat up in bed and stared at me with such longing.

 

I shook my head and started to sob.

 

“Jessi?....................”

 

She may be aware of my confusion and my desire of confirming if my thoughts are same as hers. She smiled then get out of the bed and walked towards me.

 

She stood right in front of me with barely a gap between us.

 

“Yes. I love you too Tiffany... my kiss monster.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++