STORY 13 : IDIOT

Neuron Canvas

 

STORY 13    IDIOT

 

 

 

Dearest  Honey JJ,

 

Hello. How are you doing? I wish you could be here beside me. When  will you come home to me? I look forward for that day.

 

As for me, I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. I have good grades. I’m studying vey hard. This is for our future. I will be the one to work for the two of us so all you have to do is rest at our home.

 

I love you.

 

Loving you always,

 

Tiffany

 

 

I folded the paper into three parts and slid it in a white letter envelope. I locked the doors and happily skipped outside the house.

 

Ahh... later she would be able to read my letter. I wish this time she would answer.

 

The university I’m attending is just few blocks away from where I live. Everyday, I walk to and from school. It’s an exercise and also my way of calming myself.

 

HOOOOOOOOOOONNKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

A loud honking of car blasted in my ears. I almost jumped out of my skin. I looked at my left and there passed a black car. It wasn’t luxurious or anything. It is just a simple black car.

 

I held my ringing ears and sighed.

 

“Good morning to you too!!!” I yelled with anger. I noticed a person at the backseat looking at me but I did not wasted my time for that person.

 

“Geez.” I muttered. I tapped my back pocket and smiled as I felt the bump the letter made on my back pocket.  The letter for the most important woman in my life.

 

 

 

 

Break time.

 

I decided to take a nap near the open field. I sat on one of the benches that were shielded by a big leafy tree from the heat of the sun.

 

I fell into slumber.... almost.

 

 

“Hey!” I heard someone said. I ignored it thinking it wasn’t for me.

 

“Hey!” There it is again. Louder this time but I ignored it.

 

“Hey! I’m talking to you!” I heard for the third time. And this time, I felt a sharp sting on my arm.

 

I jolted up and sit straight. I opened my eyes just to be greeted by satisfactory amount of s on my face. The two mountains are so close that I almost suffocated.

 

“Care to explain this?” She asked in an annoyed tone. The owner of the voice moved forward.

 

“Mmhhkhdhkf?...” I asked.

 

“What?”

 

“Mmhhkhdhkf?...” I asked again. I couldn’t speak clearly because my face is trapped between her huge mountains.

 

Oh so sooooofttttt....

 

I tapped her arm and pointed myself. I hope she gets the idea.

 

“Oh...  okay..” She said. I felt her back up a bit.

 

“Buuuwwwaaaaahhhhhhhhh...” I panted. Finally air!

 

“Now... answer my question...” She taunted. I looked straight on my eye level to be greeted again by two mountains that look suffocated themselves and would explode any second.

 

“Oh look at that. I’m talking to s.” I said with sarcasm.

 

“ert!” She yelled and backed up more. Now, I could see her face. I studied her appearance. I feel bad for the welfare of her s.

 

“What were you asking me?” I asked with a scrunched face.

 

“Did you just check me out bluntly?” She asked in incredulous tone. She huffed and placed her hands on her hips.

 

That’s it. I had enough. This girl interrupted my sleep, suffocated me with her vanilla scented s and now she’s accusing me of being ert.

 

I stood up from the bench and started to walk away from her. After a few steps I spoke without looking at her.

 

“You’re crazy. Too bad you’re pretty.”

 

“You!!!!!” I heard her yell in frustration. I kept on walking....... with a stupid grin on my face.

 

Ofcourse I know her. That gorgeous tigress.

 

Jessica Jung........

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dearest Honey JJ,

 

Hello. It’s a hot sunny day today. There’s this newly opened restaurant that sells flavoured ice shaving. It’s just near school. I wish I could eat some with you.

 

Anyway, I’ve seen you the other day. Aish! I see you everyday. And everytime I see you, you look very pretty.

 

Do you miss me? Hehe. I know you do.

 

I love you

 

 

Loving you always,

 

Tiffany

 

 

I folded the paper into three parts and slipped it in a letter envelope. It looks like it would still be sunny today. Will Jessica visit the newly opened restaurant today for the flavoured ice shaving?

                                                                                   

 

 

 

 

 

Lunch time.

 

“Tiffany Hwang!” Someone yelled my name. My name echoed throughout the whole cafeteria.. the whole 480 square meters of it.

 

Hey you! You have lot of guts huh?” She said when she’s infront of me. Spoonful of rice and viand hang in the air in front of my wide open mouth.

 

She snatched the spoonful food out of my hand and shoved it in her own mouth.

 

“What?” I asked.

 

“Don’t play dumb. Here!” She barked and shoved me pile of letters. My mouth opened in shock because I recognized them.

 

“Surprised huh?” She scoffed

 

I just stared at the letters. Then I looked at her face and straight into her eyes. In her face is a bright glint of mockery.

 

“Can’t talk eh?”

 

“Yes... these letters came from me..... ” I said and she smirked in victory. Murmurs filled the whole cafeteria.

 

“But they weren’t meant for you.” Her face immediately fell down.

 

“These letters are for the most important woman in my life. On how these letters end up in your possession, I don’t know. But... really.. these aren’t for you.” I explained. Her expression changed.

 

Wait... did I just saw disappointment?

 

“Then care to explain why are they in my possession?” She asked like a diva.

 

“I told you I don’t know. I slip these letters to Yuri’s locker and she would be the one to send my letter to her... along with Yuri’s letters for Yoona.” I explained.

                                                                                                                              

Yuri.......Did you gave my letters to Jessica?

 

No.... Yuri wouldn’t do such a thing.

 

 

 

“What’s going on here?” Someone asked. Its Yuri with a tray of lunch in hand. Yuri stared back and forth to me and Jessica after sitting.

 

“My letters. You said you will send it to her.......” I said with hint of disappointment and accusation.        

 

Now, the attention of the onlookers is on me and Yuri.

 

“What? You never slipped any of your letters like you said you would.” Yuri answered incredulously.

 

“Huh? But I slipped them on your locker. AD21.” I explained. Yuri’s jaw dropped. She sighed and shook her head then massaged her temples.

 

Did I stress her out?  O.o

 

“Tiffany....... my locker is AD22..”

 

Dafuq?   O.o

 

“AD21... is hers.” I follow the direction of Yuri’s pointing finger and guess what? Bulls eyes to Jessica.

 

“Oh what a fail.”

 

“She mixed up locker numbers?”

 

“So the letters aren’t for Jessica?”

 

“How could someone send her love letter to the wrong person?”

 

“This is funny.”

 

Random comments filled the cafeteria. Some are shaking their heads, some are laughing, some are sympathizing, and some are... disappointed?

 

Jessica’s eyes are teary. She stormed out of the cafeteria. I patted the unopened letter I found on my locker earlier.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was walking home when I felt a pointed thing poking my back. Am I being robbed?

 

“I have no money. Well I have coins. My phone is an old model. Monotone and not even colored. Clam shell style. The games are snake and tetris.” I said in one breath.

 

“Give them to me!” The person said.

 

Huh? Jessica?   O.o

 

I turned around with hands still up.

 

“Jessica?”

 

“Give them to me.” She demanded in a low voice.

 

“You want me to give you my phone and my coins?”

 

“Idiot! I want the letters! Give them to me!” She hissed.

 

“You placed them on my locker so it means they are mine! All mine!”

 

I handed her the letters while giving her a ‘are-you-on-drugs?’ look. She snatch them on my hands and skipped away happily.

 

O.o

 

And I conclude that Jessica is indeed on drugs.

 

 

Argh! She took the letters that were meant for my Mom! (Although I really hate it when my mom ordered me to write HoneyJJ. Joana Jane Hwang surely acts like a kid).

 

And why did Jessica do that?

 

I remembered the letter I found on my locker a week ago. I opened the pocket of my bag and retrieved the letter.

 

I smiled upon reading the letter. Now I understand why Jessica made a scene at the cafeteria a week ago. She’s really something.

 

And I’m happy with my stupidity of slipping letters to the wrong locker.

 

 

 

To my Honey Tiff

 

 

I was annoyed at your letters at first but I learned to grow fond of them. Thank you for those letters. And for the first time, I am thanking a sender.

 

Thank you for your love for me. I appreciate it. I want to reciprocate it. If you can’t confess directly to me, I can help you.

 

I love you too.

 

 

Starting to love you for eternity,

 

Your Honey Jessica Jung.

 

 

 

The words Loving you always..... was really meant for you.. My Honey Jessica Jung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________