It's Enough For Me.

Unconditionally

Working as a doctor is a very demanding job, may it be physically or mentally. It occupies almost all of my time saving lives here and there.

 

Yup. That's right. A doctor.

 

I graduated at Seoul National University not exactly with flying colors but good enough to be employed at a decent hospital here in Seoul. 

 

Being a doctor wasn't really one of my choices. 

 

I don't know how I ended up being a doctor...

 

.....wait- I think I have the slightest idea.

 

I remembered it was our PE class that day. 

 

Everyone was supposed to run around the oval track. I was bothered because Jessica hates running plus she's a bit clumsy.

 

When it was her turn to run. I stood at the side of the track. I'm so worried as hell. 

 

The go signal was heard and they started running. 

 

It was going all well. I was surprised that she wasn't that slow of a runner. 

 

They were almost reaching the finish line, I noticed that she's running out of energy. 

 

I was already smiling when suddenly she tripped.  I hurriedly went to her.

 

"Are you okay?" I asked as I checked on her. 

 

She couldn't speak because she's still catching her breath. Everyone gathered around us to check the matter. 

 

"Did you get hurt?" our PE instructor kneel down to check on her. Jessica shook her head.

 

"Yoona, can you bring her to the clinic so she'll get check?" our instructor pleaded and I nodded in response.

 

I kneeled down in front of her so I can piggyback her. Once she climbed up, I stood up and headed towards the clinic.

 

~*~*~*~

 

"Let me see." I raised her legs and placed it above my thigh. She got wounded on her knee since our uniform wasn't a jogging pants.

 

"Ahhh~" a faint cry came out from her as I apply an ointment on her wound. 

 

"Stay still." I said as I pulled her legs when she tried to pull it out of my grasp.

 

For the finishing touch, I placed an adhesive bandage on her wound. Once done, she immediately pulled her legs to take a look on it.

 

"I feel so bad." she made an adorable pout. 

 

"Why?" I asked in curiosity.

 

"Because you always have to take care of me because of my clumsiness." she deepened her pout.

 

"Don't." I said in return.

 

"You're like my personal doctor." she looked at me. Those hazel brown orbs that I love.

 

"Then I'd be your personal doctor forever." I flash smile at her. I mean it. 

 

"Promise?" she raised her pinky. "I don't want anyone treating my wounds other than you." 

 

I shook her pinky with my own. "Promise."

 

And because of that promise, I ended up taking a medicinal course for college simply because I want to be everything for her. 

 

I want to be the shoulder that she could lean on.

 

I want to be the hand that would hold her forever.

 

I want to be there wherever she goes. To look for her and take care of her.

 

If it's possible, I want to be everything for her. To make sure she's happy - is my ultimate goal in life. 

 

I was startled when something cold touches my face. Turns out it was an iced-coffee that my buddy, Sooyoung brought for me. 

 

Sooyoung was my other bestfriend since childhood. We're each other's half and partner in crime.

 

Apparently, she also ended up being a doctor. 

 

"I'm afraid I'll have to visit someone at a mental hospital soon." she teased. 

 

"Haha.Funny." I faked a laugh as I open the can of the iced-coffee. 

 

"How's the operation?" she settled beside me on the bench.

 

"It was a success though the child still needs to be monitored." I took a sip of the iced-coffee. 

 

"I see." she nodded her nead a bit. "How's Sica?" she asked.

 

"She's fine. She cooked a ddokbukki for yesterday." I smiled like an idiot at the thought of it.

 

"So you're proud of it?" she mocked. "Why not just confess to her? I don't think her reaction would be that bad. You're her friend after all" she looked at a distant.

 

Sooyoung, being my best buddy, knows about my deepest secret. I never told her. She found out about it. 

 

"You said it. I'm her friend-" I looked at her. "-and I don't want to ruin our friendship." I flashed a weak smile.

 

"I don't want to risk our friendship." I don't think confessing to her is a right thing to do. I've been happy loving her in silence and that's enough for me. I don't want to lose everything for the sake of declaring my love for her. 

 

"Aissh!" I hissed when she head-locked me. 

 

"Pabo yah!" she knocked my head sing her knuckles.

 

"Just confess to her before it's too late." she warned me and it hit me.

 

Of course I want to confess to her, but I'm afraid. Afraid of so many possibilities and what ifs.

 

What if it ruins our friend?

 

What if she doesn't want to be her friend anymore after my confession?

 

What if she would hate me after that?

 

And the what if that I'm most afraid of - What if she doesn't feel the same way?

 

Thus, because of so many possibilities that might happen, I decided to keep it to myself and be contented.

 

Be contented being her friend. Loving her in silence. Seeing her happy. 

 

It's enough for me. I don't ask for anything more. 

 

Or is it really enough for me?

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

I stood up from the couch when I heard a knock on the door. 

 

I was expecting it since Yoona and I was supposed to watch a musical tonight. She promised it to me since we barely had any bonding these past few days.

 

Thus, I skip to the door happily and opened it for Yoona.

 

"Ready?" 

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Okay. I know it wasn't the best that I could do but....hehe....here it is :D

forgive me if it's kinda sloppy. I seriously need to bang my head on the wall so I could get my mind together again :D 

i promise to do better in the next chapter ^__^ and i'll try to update often since sembreak have finally started ^^ 

what are your thoughts about it? please share it with me T_T i want your comments T^T 

 

btw, I want a korean comeback T^T SM! Please?? T^T 

oh and the last part is Sica's pov if you got confused with it :D

 

one more thing, yuri and tiffany will make an appearance soon ^^

 

~icedeersong. ^__^