I Am Stupid.

Unconditionally

 

 

 

 

Just like the everyday routine, the hospital is quite overcrowded today with nurses roaming around, some patients being pushed on a wheelchair by their loved ones with a dextrose attached to them. There are some kids roaming around, going somewhere inside the huge hospital lobby. 

 

The doors of the elevator separated and Yoona almost jump in shock but heart is fluttered when Jessica welcomed her with a smile. 

 

"What are you doing here?" the young doctor managed to say. 

 

"Am I not allowed in here anymore?" Jessica asked looking around as if searching for something that says 'Jessica Jung is not allowed.'

 

"That's not what I meant." Yoona came out from the elevator. 

 

"Just kidding! I'm here to visit you." Jessica said in a lively tone with a smile on her face. 

 

"Don't you have a job interview today?" Yoona inquired. As far as she can remember, Jessica is supposed to be on a job interview today with Hyoyeon's firm. 

 

"I'll leave it Hyoyeon. She's gonna hire me." the girl flashed a cheeky smile. 

 

"And you are 100% sure she's gonna hire you without going to the job interview?" Yoona once again ask in disbelief that the girl in front of her just ditched her job interview. Deep inside, she's feeling really happy that the girl did ditched the said job interview just to pay her a visit. 

 

"That's what friends are for." she flashed a seemingly proud smile. She made a call to her dear friend Hyoyeon, who is in Thailand right now, to just hire her on her firm. The owner rant at first but ended up agreeing when Jessica threatened her with her dolphin scream on the phone. The call ended up with Hyoyeon saying 'I'm in paradise. YOLO'. 

 

Yoona only scoffed at her bestfriend but nonetheless shrugged the topic off. She was 99.9% sure that her bestfriend threatened Hyoyeon with her violence or her infamous dolphin scream. 

 

"I'm gonna do rounds now. You could stay at the lounge or at-" 

 

"I'm coming with you." Jessica used her puppy eyes which never fails her when it comes to Yoona. Little did she know that her puppy eyes and the whole of herself being is Yoona's weakness. And it did work. 

 

"Alright. Just behave okay?" the girl nodded in delight and Yoona led the way. Sometimes, she hates how she's so good at hiding emotions because right now she is more than happy that Jessica is with her but she doesn't want the girl to know that. 

 

 

 

The last patient is the little girl named Soojin. It was the same girl she checked the last time she is with Tiffany during her rounds. 

 

"Hello Soojin." Yoona greeted happily and the little girl flashed a grin towards the doctor. Yoona has a big admiration towards the little girl so she found the grin cute. 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo Dr.Deer." the little girl greeted back. "Annyeonghaseyo." she bowed a little to the girl standing next to the doctor. 

 

"Soojin-ah, this is Jessica unnie here." Yoona introduced and Jessica flashed a warm smile to the little girl which was returned. 

 

"Dr. Deer, where is Tiffany unnie?" the girl inquired. "I miss her." came up with a frown. 

 

"Tiffany unnie is busy nowadays. Her brother has been hospitalized so she's looking after him." Yoona went on checking the dextrose attached to the little girl. 

 

"Tiffany unnie must sad then." the girl said. 

 

"She is." Yoona said as a matter of fact. After hearing Tiffany's story, she felt pity for the girl. "But Dr.Deer is here to cheer her up." she flashed a warm smile as she returned her eyes on the little girl. 

 

Jessica can't help but feel a little jealous after hearing what the doctor just said. To relieve the jealousy she's feeling, she rummaged through Yoona's folder. Briefly looking at each paper.

 

"Ahhh."  a shriek was heard and Yoona abruptly looked at the source of the voice. 

 

She went to Jessica whose one arm is raised to eye-level. She took the girl's arm and checked her hand. It was a paper cut. She throw Jessica an unbelievable look before fishing something out of her pocket. 

 

"So careless." she said as she peeled an adhesive bandage and placed it on top of the cut not before blowing the wound using . It looks childish and not really professional but it's what she always do whenever Jessica got a wound. She would always blow it before covering it with adhesive bandage. 

 

Jessica pouted at Yoona. She would always get the word 'careless' from her whenever she got wounded. She seems like a danger magnet but she's quite happy about it because she would always have Yoona's attention. 

 

 

 

"Goodbye Soojin." Yoona waved at the little girl who starts munching on the candies she just gave. 

 

She held Jessica's hand and led her out of the room. Her hand tensed a bit at the electrifying sensation but it soon faded because she was used to it now. Years of holding each other's hand that it becomes normal now for her. 

 

"You should start being more careful Sica." she said in a soft voice. 

 

"But you're always there for me." said the stubborn girl. 

 

"I'm not always around." Yoona said while they made their way on the hall. 

 

"Dr.Deer does not want patient Sica anymore." Jessica pouted and whined. 

 

"Aish. Okay. Okay. Dr.Deer will always be around patient Sica." Yoona gave in to the stubborn girl. It seems like she's saying that she's not always there for Jessica but it was the other way around, she knows to well that she would always be there for the girl. Heck she would do anything for the girl. 

 

"Dr.Deer, patient Sica is hungry." Jessica said in an adorable way. 

 

"Let's eat then." Yoona patted patient Jessica's head. 

 

"No cucumber please?" blinking eyes appeared. 

 

"I know. Patient Sica is allergic to cucumber. Dr.Deer wouldn't let green monsters be near patient Sica." Yoona pinched Jessica's right cheek and the so called patient Sica slapped her on the arm. They both chuckled as they made their way for their awaiting food. It's not really awaiting, they still have to order the food. 

 

 

"Stupid Yoona." a tall lanky figure whispered after witnessing the cheezy interaction. As a friend, it pained her to see her friend hurting and pretending like nothing is happening inside her. Well, she knows better. 

 

"Dr.Choi, the patient on Room 210 needs you." a nurse came up to her. 

 

She threw one last look at the two disappearing figures before going her own direction. 

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Yoona and Jessica are happily enjoying their lunch together with jokes and laughters exchanged when their topic went to Yoona's patients. 

 

"Sehun is in a coma for weeks now." Yoona said her voice dropping a little. 

 

"Who is Sehun?" Jessica asked. 

 

"He is Tiffany's brother. The boy is too young to be in a coma." she lowered her head a little. "Tiffany is very worried for her brother." she expressed her concern for the girl which raised Jessica's jealousy more. 

 

"You must really care for Tiffany." Jessica tried saying in the calmest, nonchalant way. She picked up a beef using her chopstick and brought it to . 

 

"Tiffany is a good person." Indeed Tiffany is a good person. Almost an angel in disguise. "You should meet her." she suggested. 

 

"That'll be great." Based on the way Yoona speak, Jessica's curiosity for Tiffany went to another level. 

 

Yoona took a table napkin to wipe the stain left on the side of Jessica's mouth. 

 

"Mind if I join you?" another person sat beside Jessica placing a tray of food down the table. 

 

"Sooyoung!" Jessica exclaimed in joy as she gave the girl a can-be-considered-a-hug hug. 

 

"It's good to see you here Jessi." Sooyoung greeted in return. 

 

"We don't mind so long as our food wouldn't be touched." Yoona joked in which earned an agreeing nod from Jessica and a glare from Sooyoung. 

 

"Don't worry I brought enough food for me." Sooyoung reassured them. 

 

"Define 'enough'." Jessica's turn to throw a joke to the girl. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Did you receive an invitation for Sunny's wedding?" Yoona asked the two girls across her. This morning, she saw an inviation with a ribbon on it in her mailbox. It was an invitation for Sunny and Sungmin's wedding. They are the university's sweethearts and king and queen of aegyo. They both love each other's aegyo despite people around them kinda hate it. It's good that they ended up together cause if not, they would have a hard time looking for someone who can bear their aegyos. 

 

"Ah yeah. It'll be this month right?" Jessica said. She too received it today. She's happy for her friend Sunny. 

 

"I'm happy for the both of them." said Sooyoung as she started eating her meal. 

 

"Let's attend it together okay? I'm sure all our friends will be there." Yoona suggested. A thought crossed Jessica's mind, Yuri would probably be there. She thought of not attending the said wedding but she can't because Sunny is a good friend. 

 

"Will the day comes when one of us will walk down the aisle?" Sooyoung paused for a while to give the effect of thinking. "I guess not." she resumed eating. 

 

"Why not?" both Yoona and Jessica asked in unison. 

 

"Because one of us is too coward to even say her feelings." she looked at Yoona's way and the girl is caught off guard. "She's inlove with someone close to her, yet she can't bring herself to come out." an intent fight of stares are exhanged. 

 

"Well I have my reasons." Yoona never remove her stare from Sooyoung and the girl did the same. She doesn't have an idea why her friend is acting this way especially in front of Jessica.

 

"Stupid reasons." Sooyoung scoffed. "You're stupid Yoona." 

 

Jessica could only look at the two as an intense and heavy atmosphere starts to rise. 

 

"It's better to be stupid than to play with people." Yoona had it. She's not the type to use something against someone but Sooyoung is pushing her off the edge. She knows Sooyoung got hurt because of her first love and after then, she went around dating people for fun. 

 

"Yoona stop." Jessica knew Sooyoung's story too. She doesn't like the way Sooyoung is acting but she's much bothered on how Yoona retorted back. This is not Yoona for her. 

 

"I'm going first." the tall doctor stood up. "It's nice to see you Jessi. Don't be stupid like our dear friend." and with that she left the fuming Yoona and puzzled Jessica. 

 

"Soo!" Yoona shouted enough for the people around to look at her and enough to make Jessica bothered. 

 

"Yoona.." Jessica said in worry. 

 

"I'm sorry." Yoona shut her eyes close as she tries to calm herself. She needs to have a talk with Sooyoung later. 

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

After sending Jessica off, Yoona went inside the hospital building to look for the person she needs some explaining to do. 

 

She entered the doctor's lounge and found the person she's looking for sitting at one of couch. 

 

Yoona sat across the occupied couch. 

 

"Are you here to rest as well?" Soo is the first to talk. 

 

"I came here to talk to you." Yoona said in a serious tone. 

 

"About what?" the tallest of the two is putting up an act. 

 

"Gosh Soo stop playing dumb." said Yoona in an irritated voice. 

 

"I'm not dumb. You are." Soo scoffed. 

 

"Do you really have to say it in front of Jessica?" Yoona went down straight to the point. 

 

"Say what?" the tall doctor continued her act. 

 

"That I love her?" that's what it was for Yoona.

 

"As long as I remember I didn't said that." Sooyoung stated and Yoona could only sigh. 

 

"But still..." she paused. "..you almost said it." It was true. She doesn't know if Soo plans to get that far. 

 

"I wouldn't. Telling her you love her is your part." Sooyoung said looking at the girl in front of her. "But obviously, you wouldn't do that." 

 

"I have my reasons." Yoona said again what she just said back a while ago. 

 

"Stupid reasons." Sooyoung scoffed. "You are very stupid Yoona. You are dumb and a martyr. You should know that." she break it to the girl. 

 

"I don't care if I look stupid, dumb or martyr. So long as nothing will be broken. So long as both of us are happy." tears starts to pool around Yoona's eyes. 

 

"Really Yoona? You're saying that you are happy? To me?" Sooyoung raised her mocking voice a little. 

 

"Everything is enough for me." came out of Yoona's mouth. 

 

"Define 'enough'." she used the same word Jessica used back at the restaurant to question Yoona. "I know deep in your heart you hope to be with her. You want more than friends with her. Stop pretending Yoona. You're only hurting yourself." 

 

"It's my choice to be contended. To be satisfied for what we are." Yes. She is satisfied. She desires to be more than friends but it's only a hope. 

 

"You're giving her all yourself." Sooyoung stated and it was the truth.

 

"I don't care if I have to give my life for her." Yoona said despite the shaky voice. 

 

"You love her like that?" the tall doctor mocked. "Will she do the same for you?" Soo didn't intend to mock Jessica but she just want Yoona to realize something. 

 

"She makes me happy." Yoona smiled. 

 

"And sad at the same time." Sooyoung is scoffing a lot the whole conversation.

 

Yoona kept mum. Sooyoung is right. She's happy and sad at the same time. If that's even possible. 

 

"ing love!" Sooyoung exclaimed. Based on the tone of her voice, it's not just Yoona's story. 

 

"Just when will you have the courage Yoona?!" 

 

"I plan not to." answered Yoona. "Courage and Yoona couldn't be put in the same sentence. They don't match." 

 

"You're so stupid!" Sooyoung raised her voice. She can't take it anymore. 

 

"Yes I am!" Yoona shouted back. The atmosphere is getting more intense than it was before. "So what if I'm stupid?! Does it have anything to do with you?! You're not me! You're not in my position! You don't have any idea on what I feel! I'm just inlove! At least I'm not playing with it unlike you!" 

 

"Don't drop it Yoona." Sooyoung warned but Yoona is losing herself now. 

 

"Why?! Because you don't want someone to rub it on your face? That you're an evil person playing with people's heart?!" Yoona exclaimed which was heard outside the doctor's lounge but not clear enough for them to understand. The nurses nearby the said room are all shocked because of the exchange of loud voice between the two doctors but they didn't know what exactly the argument is about. They are well aware that the two are bestfriends and it is new for them that the two are arguing. 

 

"Stop! You don't have any idea!" Sooyoung retorted. What Yoona said is true. She doesn't want someone to rub on her face. She was too hurt by her first love that she begin to take revenge on other people. She knows it's wrong but what can she do? 

 

"Exactly." she said in a much calmer voice. "I don't have any idea of what you feel and you don't have any idea of mine. So you wouldn't exactly know what I feel." Yoona let out a bitter laugh. 

 

"I don't know anymore Yoona!" Sooyoung exclaimed. "It's your choice! To be stupid/dumb/martyr or not!" 

 

"It is my choice!" She stood up from her seat and went to grab the doorknob. "It is my choice to be happy! To be hurt! To be stupid! To be dumb! To be martyr! To be satisfied! And to love her with no condition!" she smiled a bitter one. "And it doesn't have anything to do with you!"

 

Sooyoung only looked at her and scoffed mentally thinking how stupid Yoona is. 

 

"And it is my choice to love her..." Yoona opened the door and looked at Sooyoung for the last time. "...unconditionally." then she slammed the door shut. 

 

~*~*~*~*~

A/N:

Yes I updated! XD it's almost 6am here but I just needed to finish this update cause if not, the mood will be gone :D So how is this update? :D Things are starting to heat up >:D Truthfully speaking, I want to write more YoonSic moments cause the drama will come soon but...I don't how to insert the happy YoonSic moments in the story cause everything in my head now is pure drama drama and more drama. I'm an emo XD 

Anyway, Yoona didn't won the Baeksang poll..it's okay YoonAddicts. Yoona is still our winner but let's be happy for actress Kwon~ at least the winner is an SNSD member ^^ It's sones pride ^^ 

So....Tiffany's pitch is kinda fail....I thought it's gonna be better than *cough*Jessica*cough* but I don't care! 

 
You're still cute! I love you! Gawd! 
But my favorite pitch is still Jessica's pitch. Yours is next ^__^

Don't forget to comment~ I'm reading all your comments ;) Silent readers...you can come out now. I don't bite. ^^ 

-k.