Between Me and Myself.

Unconditionally

 

 

"He's in a state of coma." Yoona lift her head from the blue clipboard and looked at the anxious face of Tiffany. So different from the eyesmiling girl that she often see. She understand it tho, the girl is obviously worried for her brother. 

 

"What?" the anxious girl blurted out as soon as she heard what the young doctor said. 

 

"According to the examination, it was caused due to a head trauma." the young doctor stated without a change in the tone of her voice. Her professional voice. "Is your brother, by any chance, got into a car accident or something like that?" Yoona inquired hoping to solve the little riddle. 

 

"When he was a child." the anxious girl simply answered. 

 

"That explains it." she closed the blue clipboard. "Don't worry too much, though we don't know when will he wake up but I'm sure he will." Yoona said to ease the anxiety of the worried girl in front of her. 

 

"I'll be right back, Fany ah." she gave a comforting smile and patted Tiffany's shoulder before dashing off. 

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Tiffany's POV

 

As soon as Yoona left, I marched my way towards Sehun's private room. I twisted the doorknob, slowly swung the door open and made my way inside before closing the door. 

 

I neared his bed. I looked at my dear younger brother lying straight on the bed. He look peaceful and healthy, yet he was unconscious. I smiled a bitter one. How can such thing happen to her poor brother?

 

She sat on the chair beside the bed and hold the unconscious boy's hand. She pressed it a little but as expected, no response from the boy. She sighed a little and closed her eyes. What Yoona said earlier echoed in her head.

 

He's in a state of coma.

 

It was caused due to a head trauma.

 

Is your brother, by any chance, got into a car accident or something like that?

 

A flashback starts to form in her head. 

 

"Appa, where are we going?" I asked the man seated by the driver's seat. I'm so happy that our family is going on a trip. Dad has been far away from us for a long time. Mom told me it's because Dad have work outside the country. I miss him so much. My 8 years old younger brother Sehun also miss him. And I'm sure my Mom miss my Dad a lot. 

 

"Don't worry about it Miyoung ah. Appa will take you to a beautiful place." my Dad said in a joyous tone while attentively looking on the road. 

 

"You kids should sleep so that when you wake up, we will be there already." my Mom looked back at us on the backseat and patted my head and then gave a smile. I believe that her smile is the most beautiful smile in the world. Her smile is always so bright and shining like the stars in the sky. People are always saying that my smile is similar to my Mom, I even tried smiling in front of my bathroom mirror, but I think Mom's smile is better. 

 

"But I don't want to." I said which my younger brother supported. I'm not in the mood to sleep and miss the fun riding the car together with my Mom and Dad. Although some may say it's pretty boring but I'm the opposite, I get happiness from simple things like this. 

 

"Fine." my Mom said in defeat but with a smile on her beautiful face. I know she couldn't resist us. 

 

The radio starts playing a song that is so familiar to us and we sang along with it.

 

"Kom Sema Ri Ga~" Appa starts singing along. "Han Chi Be Yi So~" 

 

"Appa Gom~" my Dad sang.

 

"Omma Gom~" my Mom altered while playfully bobbing her head. 

 

"Aegi Gom~" me and Sehun sang in unison. 

 

Appa Gommun........ 

 

"Hey." my eyes shut open as my train of thoughts got interrupted by a certain husky voice. I'm half thankful that I got disturbed because I don't want to remember what will happen next. 

 

"Hey." I answered back as I looked up and share eye contact to the concerned pretty doe eyes that is currently staring at me. Somehow, those eyes took me away from the memories that are threatening to come back. 

 

"Why do you look so sullen?" the young doctor with pretty doe eyes sat beside me. "Have you eaten anything yet?" I slightly shook my head from left to right giving a silent answer to her voiced out question. 

 

"If you're worrying about your brother, as I said earlier, he will wake up. I'll make sure that he will wake up." I smiled a little. Somehow her words seems so convincing and full of assurance. It eased my worried heart a little. 

 

"How about we eat something?" she stood with a bright smile and offered me a hand which I gladly took. I kissed my brother's forehead before going out of the room together with Yoona. 

 

 

 

 

 


"It's delicious right?" the girl sitting opposit of me asked me in a cheerful tone with half full with food. 

 

"Yes." I nodded a little as I scooped another spoonful of the hot bean paste soup. 

 

"The foods in this hospital canteen is the best!" she happily gave a thumbs up as she keeps on munching and I also gave a thumbs up with a smile. "I always find Sooyoung here during her breaks while eating something yet she keeps on ranting how the food is not tasty at all. She keeps on ranting about this canteen just like how she despise the school canteen when we were in college yet she keeps on eating there. That shikshin." she shook her head in an annoyed manner before stuffing with a chunk of kimchi. If she's not wearing a lab gown and is in her casual clothes, I would've mistaken her for a beggar. 

 

She keeps on talking but my mind went off to something else. Somehow, these small acts shows how carefree and down to earth this young professional sitting in front of me. I wonder what other good points this girl will show me in the future. I'm anticipating it. 

 

"Aish. I don't know what's running on that shikshin's mind sometimes." she rant as she keeps on stuffing food on . "Or maybe 'food' is what running on that shikshin's mind all the time." she pointed out.

 

"I can't imagine that I have a friend like her." I let out a chuckle. Half of that chuckle was meant for her words and half of it was meant for which is full of smudge of kimchi. "Hey. Don't laugh." she shot me a serious look which elicited more laughter from me. 

 

I took a tissue and hide it beside me. I slowly neared her face in which caught her off guard as she backed away a little. I fight the urge to laugh because the sight I'm seeing is too adorable to resist. When our face are just inches away, I felt blood rushing through my face as I realized how gorgeous this girl is despite the mess on the side of her lips. If it isn't for self control, I would've kiss this girl right this moment. 

 

I flashed a grin as I took out the tissue that I've been hiding and wipe the mess off of her face using the said material. We looked into each other's eyes as I wipe away her lips and soon I found myself lost in her eyes. Who wouldn't be lost when you shared an eye contact with this beautiful lady? So I guess you couldn't blame me at all. 

 

I was caught off guard when she stopped my hand from moving any further. "Tiffany.." she paused a little for the effect. "...tell me what's wrong." it shocked me a little how she was able to read through me although I was doing fine at pretending to be okay. I'm doing a good job right? Or not? 

 

"Ah...N-nothing's wrong Yoong." I tried to avoid the topic. I went back to my seat and picked up my chopstick to continue eating and so that I can use it as an ecuse to avoid the topic. Truthfully speaking, I'm not fine at all. Not physically tho. I'm emotionally bothered, that is. That painful memory is coming back to me and it's haunting me again. Especially this happened to my brother now. It's all my fault. 

 

"Come on. You can tell me." she placed her hand above my free hand that is placed on top the table and squeezed it a little. I gazed intently at the pair of doe eyes straightly looking at me. My eyes soften as I let out a sigh. This will be the very first time I'm gonna tell someone the story that I've buried deep into the grave years ago. 

 

Joy is in the air inside the moving vehicle. The people inside the car are obviously happy and ecstatic at the moment. 

 

I watched in pleasure as I see the smile on my father's face, the bright smile on my mother's angelic face and the happy grin of my little brother. These are the times I think that I have a perfect family. My life is perfect. I rolled down the window to breathe a fresh air. I closed my eyes as I inhale a huge amout of air.

 

My hands accidentally landed on my pocket and I felt something solid out of it. I tilted my head on the side as I let my hands travel deep on my pocket. I fished out the object out of my small pocket and I found out that it was a small piece of paper. It took me a while to remember why there was a paper on my pocket. I remember a girl gave it to me before I leave with my family on a vacation. That girl was my only friend that time. She used to come very often to our house with someone which I assumed was my dad's friend. That girl is quiet and timid. She's shy and not used to talking to people. So I made the first move and talk to her. Eventually, we became friends. Taeyeon is my very first friend. 

 

I smiled a little as I held up the small piece of paper and unfold it. Luck seems to be out of my way when the piece of paper got flown out by the air coming from the opened window of the car. My reflexes got the best of me and I opened the car door which caught my family off guard. I heard them trying to call me by my name but I ignored their calls. I trailed at the piece of paper that has been blown the air. I found it a few meters away from spot where the car stopped. I exhaled out of exhaustion. I bend down a little to pick up the piece of paper. A loud thud of metals crashing into each other shocked me to death and soon as I turned around I felt my whole world collapsed and left me speechless as a gruesome sight welcomed me. A huge truck crashed into the car where I was just seconds ago. A tear escaped my eyes as smokes came off from the smaller vehicle. I stood there, my feet planted on the ground as guilt starts to crept up on me. 

 

"Dad got injured. Mom died. And I guess that's where Sehun's head trauma came from." I tried to sound firm but my emotions got the best of me and soon I balled my eyes out. Yoona occupied the space beside me and draw circles on my back. 

 

"I'm so sorry Fany for bringing that up." her voice screaming out regret and guilt. "It must have been hard for you. I"m so sorry I shouldn't brought that up." the young doctor muttered her sorry again. 

 

"No. It's okay Yoong." I tried to make her not to feel guilty. "In fact, it was kinda refreshing that I've let it out. The burden that I've been carrying for the past years." And it was true. This is the first time I've told it to someone and it felt good. To just let someone hear you out even if it's not the whole world, it still feels good that there is one person that listened to you. 

 

"Tiffany, I think you should stop thinking that it's your fault." I looked at her and her eyes is glowing. It somehow left me in daze. Despite of my blurry vision because of my crying, I can clearly see the sincerity in her eyes. "Things happen for a reason. Your father doesn't blame you on it and so thus your brother. I think you shouldn't blame yourself either." God. Those words coming from her. She's perfect. "Now, let me give you a big hug so you can be freed from now on." she opened her arms wide to offer me a big hug and that's what I really need right now. I let my bosy slammed on hers and I hugged her tight and she hugged me back even tighter. It may looks simple and normal on the outside but this hug from her is so special and meaningful for me. 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~ 

 

"Dr.Choi, someone is looking for Dr.Im." the girl in white uniform for nurses said to the tall and lanky doctor as soon as she got out of the operating room. 

 

"Who is it?" the said doctor asked curiously. The only person who would be looking for Yoona is Tiffany, but the said girl is in this hospital right now. Jessica is one also but the girl will just barge in since she was well known as Yoona's bestfriend around here. 

 

"She said her name is Kwon Yuri." the tall doctor's eyes shot wide open at the mention of the name. She wondered why the girl would be here for Yoona. What does the girl want from Yoona? Does the girl wants to bother her ex-girlfriend's bestfriend just because she can't get her ex-girlfriend back? Or she just simply wants to visit the doctor and see how's she doing? Whatever it is, she doesn't want the girl's presence in this building.

 

"Okay. Leave it to me." the nurse bowed to the doctor and took her leave. The tall doctor walked down the hallway as if she was in a hurry. 

 

 

 

The doctor found the dark-skinned girl patiently waiting outside of her room. She cleared to grabbed the girl's attention. "What are you doing here?" 

 

"Can I talk to Yoona?" Yuri moved from her previous spot to face the tall doctor. 

 

"No." Sooyoung acted like she was about to go inside of her room but Yuri stopped her. 

 

"Please. I need to talk to her." the girl pleaded and Sooyoung is not the type of a cold hearted girl. 

 

"About what?" she tried to sound annoyed so that the girl wouldn't interpret it as an act of kindness to her. 

 

"About Jessica." She knew it. This is not good. 

 

"No. Excuse me." she walked past the girl and continued her way. 

 

"Kwon Yuri?" a voice from the other side of the corner was heard. 

 

"Yoona!" both the tall doctor and Yuri said in unison. 

 

"What are you doing here?" Yoona neared the two and Sooyoung wished that she should've shooed Yuri as early as possible before Yoona came. But now everything is just too late. 

 

"I need to talk to you about something." Yuri said but this time, her voice sounded firm yet pleading. 

 

"About what?" the said doctor asked in curiousity though she have the slightest idea on what can it be. 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

"Yoona.." Yuri started their conversation. They were at the rooftop of the hospital. They were both up high in the sky away from the noisy and complicated world under them. The only sound that can be heard was thr strong blow of the wind that was brushing against their ears. "...help me with Jessica. Help me get her back." the girl pleaded. 

 

"Why me?" 

 

"Because you're friends with her. You're her bestfriend. You're the closest to her...." Yuri stated one by one but it seems like it's not yet the end. "...and because you're the reason why I met her." and the last sentence struck Yoona like a lightning bolt. Yet again, she was reminded that she was the reason why her love for her dear bestfriend was and will be forever left unsaid. She was the reason why she was hurting like this. She was the reason why her bestfriend was hurted by Yuri. She blamed herself. It's funny how just a while ago, she was telling Tiffany to stop blaming herself and yet she herself can't stop blaming herself. It's true that you can't really apply the advices you give on others to yourself. So ironic. 

 

"Please help me." Yuri once again pleaded and sincerity was evident in her eyes. Her heart soften by the pleading eyes of the girl in front of her. And again, she starts thinking to herself. What does she want? She wants Jessica to be happy. It has always been Jessica. The only reason for everything she do, it was Jessica and the girl's happiness only. She only wants her to be happy. Jessica's happiness is the most important thing for her. Jessica is happy with Yuri right? That's it. But what about her? 

 

"No." her voice firm and clear with no signs of any emotion in it. 

 

"Please." Yoona was left in shock when Yuri got down on her knees and pleaded to her. "Please help me. I really love her. I admit it was my mistake leaving her just like that but I have my reasons too. All I want is a second chance. A second chance to prove myself. To prove my love for Jessica. She meant everything to me now. I came back because of her. I've got nothing now. No family, no anything. She's the only hope I have now. Please help me." the doctor felt pity on the girl before her. She can't avoid it. She can't help but felt pity all the time. It's her weakness just like Jessica. 


"I-I can't." her voice a little shaky. She wasn't sure why though but she felt a burst of emotion inside of her. And she just want that emotion to come out of her, once and for all. 




"Why?" Yuri looked up to her with confusion. 

 

"Because..." she stared straight into Yuri's eyes. Her own eyes starts to heat up and hot liquid starts to form in it. Her heart pounding like crazy. The burst of emotion she's feeling a while ago is now ready to come out. "Becasue, I love her." 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

A/N:

First of all before 4/18/13 ends, I just want to say...

Happy Happy Birthday to my ultimate bias!!! Jessing Jung!! Happy Birthday!! You're halfway to fifty now! You're old already! LOL Just kidding! :) Please continue being a blessing to me and every sone out there. Please continue showing your beautiful smile, gorgeousness and unique sense of humor ^^ I love you my special girl <3 

Anway, I started writing this chapter way back last week but my laziness got the best of me. I rushed this so I can post it before Jessica's bday ends so the last parts was kinda rushed. Forgive me ^^ Please comment :) 


Thanks! 
-kiyoongsica