Chapter 9

Wipe Your Eyes

 

Jealousy


“SHUT UP!” Krystal screams. Shocking everyone there. Even Yoona looks at her like she has gone mad.

“You!” Krystal points at Kyuhyun. “You are NOT my friend! And you!” Now she points at Kai. “I don’t want to talk to you!”

Krystal turns around and starts walking away from them.

Kai knows better that she won’t listen to whatever he has to say now. With a sigh, he just lets her go like that. He then remembers the two persons who also there. After giving Kyuhyun a glare, he turns to Yoona.

“Is he your friend?” Kai asks her.

“Not your business.” Yoona grabs Kyuhyun’s hand and drags him away from there.

“Psh whatever. Not like I care.” Kai mutters.

 

---

 

Yoona drags a still bewildered Kyuhyun to one of the benches. For a few minutes, they just sit there in silent.

“What happened there?” Kyuhyun finally breaks the silence.

Actually he doesn’t know what he was doing before. Upon seeing Krystal and Kai, he was suddenly out of his mind and storming to them without much thinking. And the worst was when Krystal told him that he wasn’t her friend right on his face. Well, he kind of understands where she’s coming from and that was really expected from her to do that. But still, that was a bit too much when all he wanted to do was helping her.

Yoona shrugs. “How could I know..”

“You look like you know him, who is he?”

She chews on her bottom lips. She really doesn’t want to talk about him. Or anything related to Krystal or Kai. She also feels a little upset at how Kyuhyun just went to them without minding her before.

“He is Krystal’s friend.” She says simply.

“Oh..”

“Why did you do that?” She asks.

“Did what?”

“Why did you have to interfere what they were doing? I mean.. you have nothing to do with them and you know how Krystal thinks about you.”

He scratches his head. “I thought he bothered her. I didn’t know he was her friend.”

She unconsciously pouts. She can’t help but feeling jealous about how he cares so much about Krystal. Not because it’s Kyuhyun, but because nobody ever does that to her.

Nobody ever makes her feels special.

“You like her?” She decides to just ask straightforwardly.

“W-w-what??” He is flustered by the sudden question.

“You like Krystal?”

“W-why do you ask?”

“...so you do like her.” she trails off.

“Uh.. no no it’s not like that, I mean of course I like her. It’s not like I hate her or anything.”

He immediately curses himself at how stupid he is right now.

“I like you too!” He immediately adds.

But Yoona isn’t impressed. If he likes Krystal too then it doesn’t mean anything, does it?

She looks at her watch to hide her dissapointment.

“I think my class will start soon oppa.”

“Oh! Let’s go then, I already promised I will walk you there.”

 

---

 

Donghae is casually chatting with his other friends in front of his class when two familiar figures who just enter the building catch his eyes.

“Kyuhyun!” He shouts his name abruptly without thinking twice.

Both Kyuhyun and Yoona immediately look at him and smile upon seeing it’s Donghae.

“Hyung!”

“Oppa!”

Donghae is half-running towards them with a bright smile on his face. Nobody sees the jealousy that burns inside him as he sees the two of them together hapilly.

“What are you doing here? You are not our student!” Donghae hits him playfully.

“I accompany our beautiful princess to his class.” Kyuhyun grins.  

Donghae sees how Yoona is slightly blushing at what Kyuhyun said, but he tries to laugh it off.

“Um.. oppa! I should go, I might be late for class.” Yoona says to both of them.

“Ah that’s right! Let’s go.” Kyuhyun is about to go with her when Donghae stops him.

“Kyu! I need to talk to you.”

“Let’s talk later hyung.”

“It’s okay oppa, I can go alone. My class is in the second floor anyway.” Yoona assures him.

“But I had promised...”

“Maybe next time?”

Donghae can see clearly how Yoona’s eyes are sparkling when she looks at Kyuhyun. He clenches his fists in anger. He really hates what he sees right now.

“Alright then.” Kyuhyun gives in.

Yoona waves goodbye and quickly disappears behind the stairs.

“What is it hyung?” Kyuhyun finally turns to him.

“You like Yoona?”

“Why does everyone keep asking this question today..” Kyuhyun mutters.

“What did you say?” Donghae doesn’t catch what Kyuhyun said.

“n-no.. um yeah.. I think.. I do.” Kyuhyun says as he rubs the back of his neck.

“What about Krystal? She is your angel, don’t you remember? Didn’t you say you fall in love at first sight with her?”

“But Krystal doesn’t look like he likes me though.. You know what, I just met her before and she said I’m not her friend right on my face.” Kyuhyun shudders as he remembers it. “I don’t think I can get her even if I try.. She is kind of scary.”

Donghae now has a battle in his heart. What he thinks right now is definitely a bad thing to do to his bestfriend. Heck, Kyuhyun is almost like his brother. But on the other hand, he never feels this attached to a girl.

The feeling like he should have her no matter what.

“I feel bad to say this.” Donghae pats Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “..but I think Yoona likes me.”

Kyuhyun’s eyes widen. “w-what? Yoona likes you??”

Donghae nods, trying to calm himself. He doesn’t know where he gets so much courage to lie like this to his bestfriend. “Don’t you remember how I get her number? She was the one who asked for my number first. Well I know it was because of my shirt like I told you but I had told her that its fine but she kept forcing me.” He says all that ever so smoothly. It’s not entirely a lie though.

“...how can you be so sure that she likes you hyung?”

Of course he is not sure at all.

“I just know.” Donghae shrugs. “but look, I think if you want I can help you with Krystal.”

“How?” Kyuhyun looks at his hyung in doubt.

“Just wait and see.” He says with a slight lopsided smile.